RDNA2 RX6000 Series Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI SuprimX RTX3090
    What settings (mhz)do you use for min/max core and for the memory?
    Is is trixx needed for certain settings?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
  3. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI SuprimX RTX3090
    How are they mentioned in mpt?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021 at 11:51 PM
  4. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    What causes very high hotspot temperatures? I've just been doing some benchmarking and I've found to have a very large difference between the normal core and hotspot temps.

Normal core in the low 60s but hot spot reached 110°c

Something tells me that's not right?

5. pegasus1

pegasus1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    Poor placement of thermal pads maybe?

6. Mechano

Mechano New Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800XT MB
    So after pushing the power limit a little bit to 270 W and doing some PBO2 CO offsets, RAM tuning etc. I'm getting pretty good scores on Timespy with 21.5-21.7 GPU score and around 15k CPU score but I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing in terms of CPU or it being safe to push a bit more power into the GPU on a reference card. I see a lot of people getting 16k+ in CPU score with 5900X but these are my daily driver settings and I can't get my IF beyond 1866 stable so RAM is stuck with DJR ICs 3733 16 19 19 19 38 and I'm not going to buy a B die kit for double the price, I have an arctic 360 mm rad and made sure it's mounted correctly so I don't think it's the cooling, are people using per CCX OCs or have crazy CPU bins to get that extra 1-2k score?
    https://www.3dmark.com/spy/23598651

7. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GXT
    I think a 30 - 40 degree delta between hot spot and edge is normal but 50 is definitely pushing it; you may need to re-paste your card.

8. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Reckon it's a contact pressure issue? Most reviews show the Nitro+ should be in the 80s for the hotspot

9. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Problem solved, repasted the card, hotspot temps now in the 80s like reviews show instead of reaching 110°c and throttling.

Maybe my card had the issue of paste "pump out" although I've always been sceptical of that but when I look at the paste on the die after removing the heatsink, I did note how the distribution of the paste was very uneven. You'll notice how there is a section with a lot but much of the rest of the die has very little. I was also surprised at how dry the paste became despite being quite a new card. (I didn't get the right light for the photo but there was even a bald spot. What makes me think of pump out though is you can tell there was enough paste, you can see a lot of paste that has been squeeze out at the edges).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]