RDNA2 RX6000 Series Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    We shall see ;)

3. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    Ok that looks fantastic compared to the ugly one with the red border.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I dont think it was ugly. Its like saying nvidia FE cards are ugly becouse they have green. Depends on the build i guess.

lukas_1987_dion and Tyrchlis like this.

5. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
  7. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Active Member

GPU:
    Super Jetsream GTX 1080
    I wouldn't hold your breath, scalpers are fu%$ing everything up for legit consumers. Trouble is idiots are buying the massively inflated products too thus creating the market and opportunity for scalpers. The outlets don't care they make their buck. There should have been a legit pre-order scheme. Shame, no doubt people will eventually get these products and a decent msrp when supply catches up.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    SpajdrEX likes this.
  9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
  12. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/xbox-series-x.431194/page-5#post-5854343

RTX 2060S is more powerful with RayTracing enabled than XSX. Bad bad bad very bad news for RDNA1.X-2. I am feeling this becoming more all over tessellation battle like HD 5000 vs GTX 400 series, where Nvidia destroyed AMD and pushed software optimizations like AMD optimized tessellation profiles through CCC(Radeon Settings). I can foresee AMD software and driver RT for improved performance vs game controlled settings.

13. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 3080
    I played CoD and Tomb raider with RT and ... i can live without it for some time, for me its not a must in this gfx gen.

Until games start using it as standard it will take time, its good that they are pushing it, but for now i dont care much.

14. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    lol..... stop the FUD please.
    XSX has 52CUs, so definitelly lesser amount than big navi. Where some of the CUs can be given the RT task. The more CUs the more you can assign differtently. It has already been leaked, that big navi (6800xt) will have an RT performance slightly better than 2080Ti and slightly worse than 3070 or higher tiers.... BUT. They target 1440p with RT and no "artificial" upscalers like 1080p_into_4K_DLSS_so_I_can_keep_my_framerate_with_RT_above_60fps....
    And on top - AMD will have a similar technology (RDLSS or offical name - Super Resolution) which will be easier to implement, will provide bigger bump to performance at a slight reduction of quality (obviously DLSS has also different levels of quality).

So you wanna play with mirror mirror on the wall (and everywhere else) enabled? Turn on RT + Super Res and play with 60fps+.
    You want quality ? Here ya go, AMD can also deliver at lower power consumption and FAR lower price, cause the MSRP from NV is a joke.... see ga mers...ne.xus or other techtubers.

Wanna talk tesselation and how NVidia cheated there? Let's talk about tesselated and invisible water or the most tesselated concrete block.... or tesellation of each pixel.... THAT IS WHY AMD implemented a tesselation slider in the software --- to force NORMAL levels of tesselation like x16 where bumping it up further doesn't provide ANY visible changes in normal games.
    Again, stop spreading NV FUD.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    holeindalip and Passus like this.
  15. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    I had to look that one up, I bought a HD 5970 in those days, which served me quite well, despite being a dual-GPU-board. But most games released with SLI/CrossFire support back in those days anyway...

Looking up reviews of both the HD5000 series and GTX 400 series, that much better Tesselation (and MSAA)-performance was indeed a big win of the latter, but despite being released half a year later than the 5870, the GTX 480 was mostly a match in most games, when Tesselation and 4xAA performance wasn't a factor.
    But the 480 was hotter and more power hungry than even AMD's 5970. And the number of DirectX 11 games-with-tesselation weren't that widespread yet back in 2010, and often even had issues running in DX11 (like Arkham City). So 'destroyed' indeed.

But yeah, RX 6000 vs RTX 3000 could turn out exactly like that!

PrEzi likes this.

16. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT

Mixing stuff a little bit.... Raytracing with Tesselation, but yeah, generally agree on everything and the Fermi series was a GRILL LoL.... look at the memes... :D
    And remember the cheating practices of NV back then where they artificially overblown Tesselation to unimaginable levels in the titles they have sponsored just because they were a bit better in tesselation and the "overblown" tess levels had lesser impact on their hardware (but still impairing the performance) than on AMD.... look up Crysis 2 implementation, HawkX etc etc. That is why a "sane" person at AMD decided to implement a Tesselation slider in CCC so that each user could "force" a normal level of tesselation on-game basis thus removing the "hey look, we tesselate each pixel now" thing...

Morax likes this.
  17. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    Oops! I fixed that, thank you! :oops::p

And yeah Crysis 2's Tesselation performance... Crysis 2's DX11 was so enjoyably unoptimised, with that invisible sea being tesselated at all times apparently, but at least it looked awesome!

18. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    I see you are youngsters. Back in the day, when Unigine Heaven benchmark was still a thing.

GTX 480 Scores

Direct3D 11
    Res: 1920×1080 fullscreen
    Tessellation mode: Extreme
    – Score: 970
    – FPS = 38.5
    – Min FPS = 17.6
    – Max FPS = 95.5

HD 5870 Scores

Direct3D 11
    Res: 1920×1080 fullscreen
    Tessellation mode: Extreme
    – Score: 531
    – FPS = 21.1
    – Min FPS = 6.5
    – Max FPS = 74.4

GTX480 is 80% faster than the HD5870

pharma likes this.
  19. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    Ahhh yes.... the "OLD one" has spoken! EXTREME tesselation was x64 or more which was.... extreme just for the sake of it.... the Effect was UGLY as hell and nowhere seen in the games...
    So tell me.... how good was the gameplay in your "Unigine Heaven Benchmark" ?? Ooops... forgot that this was only a benchmark where you could crank up the Tess to the extremes nowhere to be found.... MY BAAAD ! SOOORRY !!
    //Sarcasm off
    I can also cherry-pick hundreds of examples where GTX480 was a dumpster fire.

Now let's move on and stop with this FUD and crap shall we.

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Yet no one really cared and 5870 was far more popular card while 480 was a meme. Sometimes just does not matter.

lukas_1987_dion, itpro and PrEzi like this.