RDNA2 RX6000 Series Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Let's refrain from wording like that, please. Guys keep it friendly.

OnnA likes this.
  2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Interpolator, upscaler, vibrator, whatever the term, the argument was it does not use native resolution and as such is not as good as native resolution.

Also do note I am currently running an RTX GPU.
    Clearly DLSS does not produce an image identical to native res. (tried in Control and Metro Exodus).
    Granted I have a 1080p display so results might be better with higher resolutions but that wasn't the point.

Whatever AMD will use eventually will ofc have the same issues more than likely but that remains to be seen.

Last, if you are going to call people here brainwashed then just leave please.

PS: when NV can't be bought even weeks after release it's a "demand issue" but when AMD can't be bought a week (or a day for AIBs) after release it's a "botched release"?

Double standards perhaps, a bit?

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I'm aware, but did you look at the white paper?

Check it out, as well as the DLAA one that preceded it.

Might have the same issue, might not, it depends on the factors they are training against and the sample counts, It remains to be seen if DMLSS can be implemented at less than 15ms.

DLSS 2.0 and whatever they add to and change with it should be clearer and less aliased than the native, if it isn't someone literally ****** up between the driver team handling the training or the game developer.

Again, much of the noise is an artifact of raytracing, i've still not seen any developer using Tensor for denoising?

nvidia had some amount of FE stock allocatedfor sale in Aus at launch, wholesalers are saying they don't have inventory coming for months of AMD's new stuff (and none of the reference cards)

It's a botched launch because their marketting made a gleeful declaration there won't be issues with stock volume, and have now gone to ground after the cards just turned out to be available in less quantity than the competitor.

I want to know how true the comment made by TPU is regarding limited purchase of the components from AMD by AIB's is.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Hmm I wonder if that's what the D3D NVAPI extension is for Watch Dogs Legion NVIDIA finally deciding that if developers can't bother doing it they'll make a little extension that does it and that's going to sort it out.
    NVRTD.win64.dll
    Nvrtd_Dx12_Wrapper.dll

NVIDIA ray tracing de-noising library with some weird wrapper extra.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
  6. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    GSDragoon, AsiJu, Undying and 3 others like this.
  7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I'd like to have an upscaling vibrator, thanks!

AsiJu likes this.
  8. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    @Astyanax

My issue with DLSS is that none of the games I play implement it, therefore it's useless to me.

I can implement Resolution Scaling and CAS / RIS in any game, however. Fortunately I don't need to on many of them since I can already play 4k @ 60 with my 5700XT.

Therefore, I'd prefer to have native res to any proprietary ML scalar that requires engine injection and support. And at native 4K, the image is already quite detailed.

Truder likes this.
  9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Lols :D

Just remember, still not as good as native.

EDIT: and only now I properly got that upscaling bit... having a slow day. Or got distracted, ahem...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  10. jamesdorm

jamesdorm Member

GPU:
    vega 64

11. jamesdorm

jamesdorm Member

GPU:
    vega 64
    Sorry for the quality but the top is the strix OC and bottom is powercolor in MPT, only differences I found are circled in red other than the fan rpms

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    rubene66 likes this.
  12. jamesdorm

jamesdorm Member

GPU:
    vega 64
    Raising that soc voltage to 1250ish might allow for higher clocks, the limit on my Vega was 1308mv when I tried hard overclocking lol.

13. jamesdorm

jamesdorm Member

GPU:
    vega 64
  14. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    There is no need to raise the SOC voltage. The strix with the standard SOC Voltage same as the reference design has already been OCed to 2740 MHz.
    IMHO it is enough to raise the GPU and TDC Limits and you are golden. Maybe not to the levels of Strix, but take a look at the tables from the XFX Bios where the GPU Power Limit is set to 281 instead of 255 of reference. Might wanna raise the TDC a little bit too but IMHO 340/63 is overkill. 320/60 should be ok. TL;DR> 281, 320, 60 in the Power and Voltage and you should notice a bump in the boost clocks.
    Haven't tested it myself as the current settings are more than enough for me to play on ultra/insane details and still have 70-90 fps on my C49RG90.

AsiJu and rubene66 like this.
  15. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 3080
    I sent back the PNY 3080, too 'basic' for the premiun i paid, not liking it... now waiting for a 3080 TUF, X TRIO or a nitro+ 6800 xt. I will let fate decide my next gpu.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    AsiJu, rubene66 and JonasBeckman like this.

16. Cidious

Cidious Member Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2070S G OC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MAX OC. -125mv undervolt. Current limited. Once my waterblock arrives I'll modify the bios limits and get some more out of it.

Turbogear, OnnA, rubene66 and 2 others like this.
  17. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    Are you sure that undervolt value do something in case it's running at 2400Mhz?
    In my experience once GPU thinks it needs more voltage, it just set it higher.
    Quickest way to find it was running windowed Heaven benchmark.
    In case you set 1900/2000Mhz GPU and lowest Voltage then it holds, but once you start to go over 2150Mhz+ Voltage starts to live his own life :-D

18. Cidious

Cidious Member Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2070S G OC
    What I know is that without the offset the score is 600 points lower. the more offset I give it the longer it boosts higher (Current limit). The GPU will finally crash at more than -135mv undervolt. Also the voltage is still higher than running pure stock. As a result of the +15% power limit.

So what you say is certainly a thing. It's higher than stock still but lower than when not set.

rubene66 likes this.
  19. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    It's worth to use MorePowerTool if you want to set value to negative, I tried -50% power limit, and with that I have around 73% of GPU performance.
    Good for summer times :D

rubene66 likes this.
  20. rubene66

rubene66 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080ti 11gb
    Is it a good idea to remove the thermal pad and change it to a good thermal paste? my 6800xt arrive on Tuesday