(RBE) Flash/ Edit bios problem with HD 6850 -

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by utilizer, Dec 11, 2011.

1. utilizer

utilizer Member

GPU:
    MSI 660GTX Twin Frozr OC
    Hello, community.
    I have kind a problem...i recently purchased XFX 6850 and after "confirmed overclock" i want to edit clocks in bios. But with rbe 1.28 it won’t work...if i changing core/ mem clocks and flash the bios, my system goes into BSOD after OS booting. i was trying it with Atiflash 3.89 through Dos and Winflash 2.0.1.14 in Windows...same bsod.
    If i flash it with "unmodified/ unedited in RBE" bios then all are good...normal boot, working fine without issues.
    I was successfully flashing several 4xx, 5xx series, but in that case it's my first one 6xx...

for bios acquiring i was using atiflash with -s 0 bios.rom command and -p 0 bios.rom for flash.

what I'm doing wrong here? :bang:
    plz help me :cry:

those i was changing ---

[​IMG]

ps. strange thing...after bios acquiring, in rbe it shows 0x0000 as VendorID...but XFX is 0x1682...CCC shows XFX as card vendor...I'm missing something here?

edit:
    all same thing if i'm acquiring it(bios) through GPU-Z 0.5.6 or Winflash...

2. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    You can only change the voltage settings with RBE on the 6800 series cards, you can't change the clock settings, it will cause what you described.

3. utilizer

utilizer Member

GPU:
    MSI 660GTX Twin Frozr OC
    so...all i have to do is just waiting for the next rls of RBE with "clockchange support"? :)

edit:
    or there is some other way to edit clock's...is there another tool?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  4. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Just use something that does it software, like MSI Afterburner. RBE may support it one day.

5. utilizer

utilizer Member

GPU:
    MSI 660GTX Twin Frozr OC
    thanks...but i wanna "hardset" it :(