Rbe 1.27 thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by davetheshrew, Jan 11, 2011.

1. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    Hi all, for all that want to tweak their 69xx cards voltage please go here

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1924/TechPowerUp_Radeon_Bios_Editor_v1.27.html

a little info on RBE:

RBE is a tool which helps you with over-/underclocking and tuning your recent ATI video card. Unlike other programs as Rivatuner for example, RBE will provide a modified version of your video card's original BIOS that you can flash upon your video card.
    There is no installation required. Just download the RBE.exe and run it.

version info:

v 1.27
    •Added volt modding capability for CHL8214 voltage controller (reference design 6870 and 6850 cards).
    •Added volt modding capability for VT1556M voltage controller (reference design 6970 and 6950 cards).
    •Changing DeviceID now changes both locations properly (hopefully) all the time.
    •Changing VendorID should work in more cases now.
    •Added some new DeviceIDs (6950/6970).
    •Updated WinFlash link.
    •Updated RBE's internal BIOS extraction method to account for "ATI" labelled "AMD" now.
    •Improved Hex editor interface a little.
    •Fixed method 1 overdrive hacking signature extraction for 6xx0 cards. Only superficially tested due to no available non-reference signatures yet.

IMPORTANT: Do not even try to change core/memory speeds and ccc overdrive limits, it will render the bios useless as amd have their protections in place, only change the 4 'GPU REGISTERS' , theres a tab under clock settings/voltage registers.

ENJOY!

post benchies and discuss here, thanks

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thank you for the heads up Dave :thumbup: downloading now will test tomorrow :). This is awsome news.

3. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    Ive tested it, its really, really good :)

4. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    cmon give some overclock differences between regular bios and clock speeds you can get with RBE modified bios :p

5. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    ok, for instance the absolute max frequency I could achieve rock solid stabe on air was

915/1425

[​IMG]

then after changing from 1.175mv to 1.300mv

990/1470

[​IMG]

I would call that a nice unfinished oc, I say unfinished because that setting was a stab in the dark, no tweaking at all, Im going to go for higher memory speed next as Im fine with the core, might also try lowering the volts a little too. :)

Hope everyone enjoys. Something I should add is that this is a nice way to do away with oc tools alltogether, Im going to try to add a decent fan profile also and then I will have my own personolised bios that I know works for me, when did we have this much fun with gpu's last? , ahh the nvidia 6800 days (theme tune to 'memories' buzzing around my head') :)

6. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Cheers mate, that looks really promising on overvolting, hope the 6970's will overvolt just as well. Its too difficult/time consuming( due to where i have my pc now and if i need access to the bios switch on the gpu ) for me to try this during the week, but maybe at the weekend if theres no Afterburner release( which looks unlikely anyway ), i may give it a whirl

7. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    With my unlocked 6950, there are no additional voltages to pick with this program. It would appear that my 6950 cannot be voltage tweaked, for some very odd reason.

8. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    You just don't know how to use RBE.

9. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    have a look at gpu registers option :)

10. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    I read the tutorial. I'm repeating what it said about the bios voltage table.

11. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    did you increase the mem voltage at all?

12. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT
    [​IMG]

You choose, GPU Registers, its high lighted in the above picture.

[​IMG]

You change the voltages here.

The new update voltages will not show up in RBE except in the GPU Registers option. All other parts of RBE read the voltage place holder values, and they are just a title.

The values above are for my ATI 4890, do not use them on your 6000 series card.

13. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    if i aquire bios, then change gpu registers, is it normal when flashing that it says "The BIOS P/Ns of the BIOS you would like to flash and the adapter you selected are different. Are you sure you would like to proceed?"

Reason is if it fails its a good hours work for me to take PC out from where its at to reset to the factory bios

14. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    thats not there, I think I was a little conservative on the mem oc when I initially got the card but as per usuall lol Im now cooking my card to destruction haha

15. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT
    You mean using the aquire BIOS option in RBE or you aquired a BIOS from somewhere else, like TPU BIOS database?

16. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    why the hell are you flipping that switch man? just leave it alone and flash away! your using winflash right? use atiflash its simpler, your answer is 'yes', it's fine to proceed

p.s you have used the '-unlockrom 0' command yes?

17. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    no, i just acquired the existing Bios, modified the gpu registers and went to flash it but it gave the warning "The BIOS P/Ns........" when i went to flash

nah man im not flipping the switch, i mean if for some reason bios flash failes then i have a pain in the ass job to restore it :)

cheers, ati flash i have to do in dos though, and normally would do it via a boot to dos but at least this card has dual bios if it messes up lol. The -unlockrom 0 is an atiflash command though?

Basically all i did was run RBE, click Acquire/Flash, setup the location of Winflash. Clicked Acquire Bios, and saved it. Clicked cancel on that window, changed GPU registers and clicked Acquire/flash again and went to flash it with the changed gpu registers

18. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    was the flash succesfull? the -unlockrom command is required by atiflash, Im not into flashing things through windows, to many things could go wrong!!, takes 30 seconds to make a disk and flash via usb boot disk and atiflash, why does it take you so long?

19. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT
    @lmimmfn

I think you are getting that error because like dave said you need to unlock the BIOS.

Also the unlock command works in winflash also, make a short cut with it.

20. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    ^^this ;)

edit: hang on is winflash the same as atiflash? if so your command in CMD would be as follows:

/target

winflash -unlockrom 0 (enter)

winflash -f -p 0 bios.rom

right?