Razer offrers Kiyo Pro webcam at 200 USD

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Razer, announced the Razer Kiyo Pro, a USB camera with a high-performance Adaptive Light Sensor to deliver market-leading image fidelity, even in low-light conditions. ...

Razer offrers Kiyo Pro webcam at 200 USD

2. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Probably picture quality isn't as good as the Microsoft LifeCam Studio, which with the latest drivers has an excellent pic quality. Sad to see that since covid hit, price went up 3-fold, even if it's an 10 year old webcam.
    Though personally... I think I'm just going to grab a digital camera I've got laying around and connecting it to a 9€ HDMI to USB capture card, which will probably give better results than any of the expensive webcams.

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    What? For this price tag, I would buy cellphone with better camera and connect it to PC.
    Or I would buy actual camera which can feed PC and its optics and CCD would run circles around both Razer's Kiyo Pro and cellphones at same price tag.

4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah - I saw this the other day and couldn't believe the image quality for the price. If you have an old android phone you could get DroidCamX and have significantly better image quality for.. well free if you have the old phone. It can also work wirelessly.

And for $200, I'd just spend another 50-100 more for a mirrorless clean HDMI camera that would just blow both out of the water.

Just doesn't make sense honestly.

Fox2232 likes this.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I used to use my old S6 Edge as webcam. That was quite good.
    Now, I have GoPro clone "action" camera as webcam. Which does much worse job, but still better than usual webcams for fraction of price. No software needed and runs via USB.