Razer lightweight wireless mouse DeathAdder V3 Pro - supports 4,000Hz rate with optional dongle

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. cpy2

cpy2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Ti 4600
    Every razer mouse I had broke in 2 years or less. I had 3 or 4 of them, they all broke LMB or RMB or both. Unusable double clicks and all the good stuff.

GetMax likes this.
  3. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Master Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    Damn, this DLC costs more then my whole mouse with pixart 3389 and 2k pooling rate on top of not having malware that needs to be installed...

4. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    As a very longtime DeathAdder user, I'm pretty worried about the shape changes they've made.

There's this recent trend in the ergo mouse space of basically just copying the Zowie EC2 and flattening out the right side of the mouse. If I wanted an EC2 or an EC1 I have a million options at my disposal (Zowie's or the many many copy cats).

Remember the Rival 310? The old DA? I want company's to do different shapes not just the same exact one with small differences. Don't get me wrong on paper this mouse seems pretty incredible but I'm disappointed to see that they've abandoned such a unique shape. To me it seems like they're listening to feedback from people that never even liked the DA to begin with rather than people who do.

Here's hoping they at least fixed the furthest forward side button being ridiculously uncomfortable to reach during gameplay, but I'm not so sure they have looking at the images. If there was one thing I would change about the current DA it would be just taking the side buttons, making them the same size, then shifting them backwards/closer to the hump so that the furthest forward one is more comfortable to reach. This isn't a problem for me on the EC1 for example which is an even bigger mouse than the DA so there's just something screwy about how they positioned their dang buttons. I can live with two side buttons but the current DA basically only gives you one due to the positioning. Drives me nuts.

The other thing I would've liked to see is where the flair/side panel meets the front panel (under the clicks) round this instead of the sharp angle it currently is -- that would make it more comfortable for people that do hold the mouse that far forward.

5. barrybondz

barrybondz Member

GPU:
    MSI 970 Twin Frozr
    As the pulling rate goes up, the cpu usage goes up massively. I don't think its been proven if its a windows limitation or if we are ahead of our time for higher pulling rate. I will say my 12900K at 5.2/4.0E never experiences huge frame drops/stutters on my Viper 8K. People with weaker systems 100% have this issue. Havent owned a ryzen 5000 to know if they are strong enough but we know their single core performance is much less than intel.

6. GetMax

GetMax Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070
    Yup

7. barrybondz

barrybondz Member

GPU:
    MSI 970 Twin Frozr
    I've had multiple G502 mice quit in under a year or under 2 max. I had a G502 lightspeed that lost its ability to hold a right click after 8 months. Got myself an RMA and it happened again in a shorter period of time. Never knew it could happen unless you actually googled G502 right click issue and boom lots of posts. I bought a G500 and when I brought it home from NCIX it had a loose sensor. Turned out every Canadian made serial number had this issue. All in all, I have a razer black widow that I have had for over 10 years that still works to this day. Survived my wow 2700 arena days of mass spam and csgo days. I finally gave Razer some money for my mouse as logitech has never been reliable to me.

8. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Been using a Basilisk V2 wired laser mouse for a good while now, with no problems--great mouse. It could do 20k DPI but I keep it at 8k which is plenty for my 4k screen. I'm comparing it to this junky Reddragon mouse I had been using. The Razer is head and shoulders better, and I'm not someone who pushes a mouse. I got it one Amazon day for ~$39 if memory serves. I looked it up in my Amazon orders and I bought it on June 21, 2021, so it's been in use for ~13 months, 8-12 hours a day, every day. The Reddragon model was the M990 Legend @ 24k DPI--specs looked OK, but it simply doesn't compare with this Razer Basilisk V2. And no, Razer, I am not in the mood for a $150 mouse..!

9. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    im really curious about basilisk tbh I like the shape but it'd be very hard to switch after using powerplay and infinite scroll for such a long time.

10. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    + @cpy2

The switches start double clicking because they are the El cheapo Chinese omron switches . For the G502 I am sure the Khali gm4.0 reds are amazing and will last for a long time , also it is an easy solder job even a newbie can perform I saved a lot of mice ! Most likely the Khali gm 4.0 reds will do for the razer too but I never open to see the mouse .

11. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    $150 USD and they don't even include the 4KHz dongle. Knowing Razer, outside the US it'll be $250 USD for it, so everyone will just wait for a sale. RIP my tech bros in Australia, you guys got it bad.

That must have been a long time ago. Now Razer mice are the ones which are less likely to fail because of the optical switches they use vs the super trash Chinese Omron switches everyone else uses. Even the Logitard G Pro X Superlight uses ultra trash tier Omron 20M switches, which notoriously fail almost as much as the ultimate trash Omron 50M switches. I had... I forget, 4? 5 mice? With Omron 50Ms die on me within days to 2 months. When I first got my G Pro X I immediately took it apart and replaced the Omrons with Kailh 8.0s.

TL;DR - I'm not a fan of Razer, they have issues and really stupid pricing outside of the US, but their mice should currently outlast the competition.

SpajdrEX likes this.
  12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Out of the dozen or so razer mice I've owned, I've only had one that had issues. First gen Mamba wireless.

The rest have all been solid. I've owned almost every deathadder and the three viper mice have been great as well(wired, viper ultimate and V2 pro).

13. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    but why would you need 4000hz? 1000hz is already 1ms, is it even possible to perceive a 0.75ms difference? seems like a completely useless feature.

14. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It counts at an e-sports level, anything to bring down the total system ms brings you a slightly faster reaction.
    Not really a feature I'd personally look for but meh, I'll welcome it when it's mainstream.

15. barrybondz

barrybondz Member

GPU:
    MSI 970 Twin Frozr
    Razer has been using optical switches, where as logitech is not. It's been thoroughly tested and Razer has the lowest latency mice on the market currently. Lowest MS and fastest click latency. All this and optical switches, it's nothing but an L for all other brands. I won't buy logitech again or gut one apart to put in custom switches when its a price premium for the mouse to begin with.

16. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    i see as i said i never open razer mice to see their switches but at least the cheap models of logitech the switches they use are embarrassing , that said after i soldered the khali gm 4's i had 0 issues and pretty much everyone almost agrees that khali are reaaaaaaaally durable , even if in 3-4 years break down also i can re-solder new ones i literally brought a 18 switches lot for 10 euros ....so i have a LOT of em :p

17. barrybondz

barrybondz Member

GPU:
    MSI 970 Twin Frozr
    Yeah its cool you did that but I mean its crazy. The G502 lightspeed was 225 CAD. That is no joke and the superlight is 200 CAD. A Viper 8K while being corded is 8000HZ (a lot more stable at 4000 or 2000HZ) (reason is 8000HZ puts a huge load on older cpu's while the 12900K handles it flawlessly) is 99 CAD and a lighter/far superior mouse. Logitech's quality has sucked. They sure suckered me with my original mx518.

Venix likes this.
  18. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    A lot of g502 around I was talking about the g502 hero that can be found between 30 and 50 euros one of the best value mice .... But they cheeped out with the Chinese omron switches. Witch saves em pennies if I can get 18 top notch switches for 10 euros , Logitech can get em much much much lower .... That said I could also get a lot of 20 omrons for 3-4 bucks :p