Razer Kraken Ultimate equipped with THX Spatial Audio and custom-tuned 50mm drivers,

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    "custom-tuned 50mm drivers"
    Custom-tuned to break faster.

HitokiriX, sverek and Irenicus like this.
  3. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Aint that the truth! Razer products honestly are crapware. I think only a niche bunch of Razerfans buy this crap

cryohellinc likes this.
  4. Endymion

Endymion Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 TUF
    What you think about new mouse by them? Razer Viper Ultimate (I know, naming is cringe) is looking to be best gaming wireless mouse for 2020. (first half, in case someone release something similar)

I mean, only competetive thing to this mouse is Logitech G Pro wireless, but by specs - it's worse. (we can argue about how much DPI matter and other things) Most of the reviewers also pick Viper Ultimate over G Pro now.

5. Moto_Life

Moto_Life Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 1070 gaming X
    That was my experience with them. I had a razer kraken headset and it died after only 10 or so months. Never dropped always well taken care of.

6. DEADPOOL3980

DEADPOOL3980 Member

GPU:
    980 4gb
    Better than 7.1 surround sound it says surround sound will always be superior to virtual surround sound that's just physics I'm still enjoying my asus 7.1 ROG headset

7. TrunksZero

TrunksZero Guest

GPU:
    Asus Radeon R9 Fury
    And proper 3D audio beats both.

8. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Aww, isn't it cute: "My toy is better than yours"

cryohellinc likes this.
  9. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    No it isn't. I have a pair of the ROG Centurion 7.1. For true positional audio in a headset there is nothing better.

It probably is, it's cute that it bothers you.

10. TrunksZero

TrunksZero Guest

GPU:
    Asus Radeon R9 Fury
    Um... today yes. But only because most of today's game rarely have a great 3DAudio engine with proper headphone HRTF. So yes, your not going to get much better for positional audio without physical multiple channels.

But if you go back to DirectSound3D, Aureal3D, OpenAL and the hardware accelerated audio engines of the past... it wasn't needed to get perfect positional audio out of regular style headphones if you had a good 3D Audio engine (which was common for a long time)

*edit*
    Fortnites new 3DAudio mode for headphones is a modern game you could fire up to get a taste of what it can be like. You don't need mutichannel to get perfect positional audio in headphones if you have a proper 3D Audio engine.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019

11. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Does a cute pussy cat bothers you my friend?

12. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I don't know why folks assume some folks have not been experiencing various form of gaming audio for decades. You cannot get perfect positional audio with two drivers in the exact same spot close to your ear. In a game that supports positional audio correctly, I can close my eyes and turn around while a character is speaking and locate the direction within a few degrees. The same with environmental sounds. Now if you wanted to strictly argue two channel stereo audio, there are better out there. I have those, for listening to audio. I have the 7.1 for gaming and movies.
    No, trolls do. You've been declawed.

13. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    D:

14. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I wonder if people who claim benefits of 7.1 headphones ever listened to quality opened-back headphones.

Edit: Come to think of it, would be awesome if Guru3D news announced new headphones like Audeze LCD-1, Philips X2HR, HD660s, Tin Audio T4, etc... instead of plastic garbage for kids.

Shame to see marketing bullshit getting attention it doesn't deserve.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  15. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    What do I think? Not much. Razer make crappy products end of story. Logitech mice are far superior to Razers across the board. No reviewer worth his salt has ever said Razer was any good. Not sure where you're getting that info, but it's erroneous.

As someone else said, very cute. You're right about virtual surround, but guess what? You're using a headset -you'll never experience surround sound like I do with my 720W RMS high end 5.1 speakers/receiver (old but blows away even recent stuff) - your room won't shake, windows won't rattle and you won't see your eyeballs vibrate and make crap blurry, while shaking your whole body when there's big explosions in games and movies. It's just physics ;) Your headset will never make your hair stand on end like loudspeakers.

headsets are fine btw, but ye cannae beat good speakers. Just not the same.

And it's not just about volume either, I'm talking quality sound, with great dynamic range and responsiveness, clarity and definition as well as, with the speakers I have, actual texture.

Still, cute. :p (not having a dig at you btw, just being funny)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019