1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Razer Blade 15" 2018

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by TekkMarine, Sep 6, 2018.

1. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Hey Guys,

I'm thinking of selling up and buying this years release of the Razer 15". i'll be doing the occasional bit of travelling over the next three years and it would be nice to be able to play a few of my favourite titles whilst on the move. It's a pretty beefy laptop specs wise, 1070 with MaxQ a few gain's performance wise vs my 980Ti i think.

I plan on keeping my ultra wide 3440x1440 and would want to play a few titles such as Arma 3 and Star Citizen on the big screen. Question being should i sell up the main rig or hold it alongside the laptop? It's old tech and i'm fairly certain that the laptop should be able to sufficiently power the screen graphics wise. Thoughts?

SN: it would suck if next year they decide to release a 2080 version with 4K touch.

Thanks,

2. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    Hi TekkMarine,

I was in the same boat as you and I have to say that I would never buy a Razer laptop as it's simply overpriced and doesn't justify the cost.

So instead I have decided to go with these guys:
    https://www.obsidian-pc.com/

Basically you build your own laptop with desktop components. then they delid the CPU, apply liquid metal ''paste''. Undervolt the CPU and set all the custom overclocking and fan profiles for you.

YOU choose your RAM and other components.

All the laptops come with 144hz screens, they have a 4k option as well.

Lifetime warranty and support!

Just please have a look at the website.

The beefiest thickets laptop which is fully loaded with all the bells and whistles came around €2500 euro, including VAT and shipping, whereas weaker Razer version without a 144hz screen came out to approximately €2900 without shipping.

I would recommend to have a look at them at least, they are located in Portugal and you can select the website language on top left corner.

If you are anywhere in Europe this is the way to go.

TekkMarine, cryohellinc and Shagula like this.
  3. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    I've never wanted a laptop till i clicked your link. Those things are amazing

cryohellinc likes this.
  4. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti SeaHawkX@2k+PG348Q
    That's actually really neat, thank you for sharing. Never heard of those guys before!

5. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    I know I felt the same, I was looking for a laptop for quite a while. It was quite worrying knowing that I can't get a desktop PC as I am forced to go mobile, however this is not an issue anymore.

Neither have I, it was recommended to me by another guy on another forum. Once I took a look at the website I never looked further.

I think the guys deserve more recognition.

They send you the scores from benchmarks before shipping, for you to agree or disagree with the quality of the thing assembled. They also calibrate the screen for you etc.

I was just mind blown.

6. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti SeaHawkX@2k+PG348Q
    Have you purchased a product from them?

7. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    I assembled this spec for myself, called them asked to confirm if the screen really is 144hz etc.

Checked the reviews about them and so on.

I will probably order next week this spec:
    https://ibb.co/gv2WAU
    [​IMG]