Razer BlackWidow Chroma-Corsair RGB's

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by goat1, Oct 2, 2014.

1. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X

Totally agree, I'd love to see a mechanical G13

2. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    After reading about all the issues with the Corsair RGB keyboards and not liking Razers not having dedicated volume controls,I think I might wait to see how Logitech's G910 fares. Like I said before,why can't a company just get something right! Roccat is coming out with one also,but it doesn't appear to have mechanical keys.. Why not just make a ryos pro with the RGB and cell phone add on and put all the types of mechanical switches in the box like they did with the Ryos pro.. I just don't understand the logic,or lackthereof! I have a feeling Logitech will be the one to nail it.

3. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I'm curious about the G910 too, since it uses Omron Romer-G switches.....I'm curious as to how it feels vis-a-vis Cherry MX switches.

4. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    I have the blackwidow2013 with blue clicky switches, i love the little clicks lol don't ask me why as i don't know myself i just do, i also have the roccat isku keyboard which i upgrade to the blackwidow from, the roccat has ruber dome buttons and is a very well built keyboard but the keys feel to low ?.. that's the only way i know how to put it, the roccat isku has tons more features than the blackwidow2013 but i still like the blackwidow2013 much more, everything about the blackwidow2013 i like, i think at the end of the day its the feel of the blackwidow2013 that wins me over eveytime. build quality of the blackwidow is top notch second to none from experience, although i highly recommend that you stay away from razer's cheap keboard now that's a different kettle of fish, razer's cheap keyboards they charge top doller for and build quality is !iss Poor. in fact shamefuly poor quality, i can't remember the name of the first razer keyboard i bought BUT i do remember being shock at how poor build quality its was, lol i took straight back to the shop i bought it from had a moan at the shop keeper, asking how he thinks he can get away with selling such tat, which he did agree it felt like it was built by a 2 year old lol and had no problem giving me a full refund, that's how i ended up with the roccat isku that i finaly upgraded to the blackwidow2013. and i think the blackwidow2013 is an alround good keyboard albeit a little pricey. it does have head phone socket, mic soket and an USB port which are handy, the roccat does not have those options but has tons of macro combo's ect, i also have an roccat Kone XTD that i upgarde from the razer taipan didnt think the taipan was worth the money really but still a nice mouse.

EDIT:

im trying to find that razor cheap keyboard, to show you what i mean although i don't think they make it anymore, well hopefully they dont....

BINGO found it lol this is pure tat .. black letters on black keys so could not see them lol ?
    http://www.engadget.com/products/razer/arctosa/

the lights would leak around the cheap plastic sticker that lets you know if caplock is on ect and give ya arch eye!!! lol truly

oh just add the roccat Kone XTD mouse has two little buttons near ya thumb if ya hold down one of them with side of your thumb you can change volume up and down with roller wheel, which is handy but then again all the button on the mouse can be programed and interact with isku keyboard using roccat talk, to be fair between the roccat kone xtd and the roccat isku keyboard when combined there is a stupid amount of macro's and i do mean stupid amount of combo's ect that i dout prob nobody could/would beable to use? but i guess that theres hard core few that do.

if its software features your looking for i strongly advise you to look at roccat there software is awesome .

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014

5. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Steve, nice input. I cant do without my G13 or naga epic mouse. That feature of holding a button then using the wheel on the mouse for volume is really nice. Every mouse should be able to do that. Id like to try the blackwidow chroma and the Corsair RGB. See which one is better.

Edit. Being I have the G13 I'm on the fence whether to get the K65 or K70. I might need the 10 keys at some point. :3eyes:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  6. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    i can not say about corsair keyboards I've never owned one, like i say though if its quality software and hardware roccat has both of them going for it.

7. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I went to Best buy. I think the Corsair K70 RGB is going to be the one I go with. I tried the Logitech G710,don't like the keys at all. Then compared the chroma against the Black widow ultimate 2013,The 2013 was much better. I think those are blue's. Really liked the tactile feel of them. I don't think I'd like the linear feel of the Reds either.

8. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    what I like about the corsair k's is there styling, one of the nicest looking keyboards I've seen.

9. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I agree. I just couldn't get over how much I like the key feel of the Razer ultimate 2013. I assume I will like the 70 RGB MX blues..

10. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    im not sure fella, best ask when you purchase I guess.
    hah I mis-read it yea I bet you will like them .. tempted to get the k70 myself now lol

11. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    They are updating their stuff with the original logo. The new logo didn't bother me at all. I don't know what all the fuss was about. But I do like the original logo more.

12. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Yeah, me too.....but I LOL'ed when I'd read it being described as 'trampstamp'.:roll:

13. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    here's some info on roccat Talk software I know your going for the corsair k70 although there is nothing wrong with taking a little look at what the competition has to offer, ya never know they might be some functions that you feel would benefit you.

http://******************com/20384/roccat-talk-fx-overview/

you will find loads of little features like this one for example

Another feature that owners of ROCCAT gaming peripherals have the ability to put into action is the ROCCAT TALK FX feature. As is the case with ROCCAT TALK, a compatible ROCCAT keyboard and mouse are required. These devices include the Kone[+], Kone XTD, Kone XTD Optical, Kone Pure, Kone Pure Optical, Kone Pure Military, Tyon, Isku FX, Ryos MK Pro, and Ryos TKL.

According to the ROCCAT website, ROCCAT TALK FX, “translates on-screen game action into exciting sensory effects on your gaming hardware.” In other words, you have the ability to set up your devices to keep you informed, with with lighting effects, as to your in-game status. For example, it is possible to have your keyboard show the amount of ammunition in a magazine, which is represented by lights on your keyboard. As you pull the trigger, you can watch the lights on your keyboard go out, keeping you apprised of when you may want to consider reloading.

Read more at http://******************com/20384/roccat-talk-fx-overview/#MliIcILX0zkt9Xr7.99

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  14. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I laughed at the tramp stamp referrence also. I just think it got blown way out of proportion.

I have nothing against roccat at all. I have their kave headset and love it. But their keyboards are huge, plus who looks down at their keyboard? That's why your looking at the screen. Lets say the mouse vibrated when your down to 10 rounds on your clip, that might work. What if you had a flame thrower tho? Some of this stuff just isn't viable.

15. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    yea true didn't think of it like that, prob's a bit gimmicky although some people may like those features.

I had the kave true 5.1 headset, and damn did they have some bass used to make my face vibrate!! lol but those little square pads that sit on ya head were not very comfortable after around 40 mins and left little dents in my head :/ maybe it was just me lol but sound was awesome for what they cost.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014

16. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    It funny how many people think the Kave 5.1's were uncomfortable. I've never had that issue at all. They do get a little heavy after a while tho. They have vibration units in the ear pieces that's why your ears vibrate. Awesome effect,that why I love them so much.

17. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Heh, I've tried 5.1 headsets and personally do not like it, the sound's all messed up with directional sound being somewhat artifically expanded and hollow sounding (to me anyway). For gaming, I now use 2.0 headsets, like the HyperX Cloud I'd recently gotten, one of the best all round headset around, great for movies and games (though bass extension cannot match those on, say, Razer Kraken) and though bass on the HX Cloud is as overwhelming as those on Razer or Beats headsets/cans, it is tighter making it much better for music.

I have a Razer Black Shark and it's all about BASS and nothing else, very fatiguing on the ears....with its overwhelming bass and hardly and mids and highs. As a result of my HX Cloud purchase, my interest in audio appreciation was piqued. I've bought a couple of soundcards, an ATH-AD700x and a JVC HA-FXZ100.....I tend to dive headlong into things.:nerd:

18. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    It depends on the 5.1 headset. The kaves don't sound hollow at all. They are very good. Use the eq on your sound card to dial them in. I also have beyerdynamics DT770 pro 80's. I switch between the two. But the Kaves are great.

19. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    I have an old pci Xfi gamer fata1ty sound card and upgraded it to blaster Z but the funny thing is I think the old xfi card sounds better, even more so when I use ASIO with my oxgen25 (keyboard controller) handles it far better less crackle/break up due to buffer sizes ect.

although this usb guitar link cable I connect to my Ibanez s470 is total tat, waste of money.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  20. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I have had all those cards and the Z was better. I'm using my old Razer Barracuda AC-1 right now. That thing still sounds really good. I'm not in a hurry for a sound card tho. I'll get a new one at some point. Maybe the sound blaster X7 when it comes out in Dec.