Razer Announces HyperFlux Wireless Power Technology

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Razer debuts world’s first battery-less wireless gaming mouse with the Razer Mamba HyperFlux and Razer Firefly HyperFlux power mat, allowing for seamless uninterrupted power transfer from a...

Razer Announces HyperFlux Wireless Power Technology

2. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Looks interesting, I like the idea of no battery but the price is ridiculous for a mouse even if it includes the mousepad.

3. AngelOfHavoc

AngelOfHavoc Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti FTW edition
    Wow, you'd have to be pretty stupid to buy one of those mice. Is Razer serious right now? $250 for a mouse that you can only use with their mouse pad. Let that sink in.

If you have your own large mouse mat, as a lot of us do, this mouse won't work with that because it won't receive power because apparently $250 is not enough to cover the cost of a battery.

I don't understand why anyone with a brain would buy this razer mouse when there are options like the G603, 703, and 903 from logitech. Those mice are significantly cheaper, track just as good if not better, and they include batteries.

Take the G703 for example. This is the mouse I own. I can use this with Logitech's powerplay mouse mat OR I can use it with my own mousepad, because it includes a battery. I got it for $80 new. I can buy 3 Logitech G703 mice for the price of one of these Razer's...

4. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @AngelOfHavoc
    for the same reasons why ppl drive to work in a 1M$ lambo/porsche.
    cause they can (and have the money).

ever played a fps on high sensitivity with a wireless mouse using aa/aaa vs a wired one?
    just switching from a rechargeable 2500mAh to a 1000mAh saved me almost half its weight, which means i have less mass to move (around)
    and less mass to put in "motion".

a little cheaper and the mousepad 2-3 times larger, and im interested..

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Not wireless.... Mouse might not be wired but the mouse pad is in it place, wireless charging is probably only tech in long time i really interested in, but not at this price

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    My university roommate had mouse working on same basis. Some Cheapo A4Tech design, 12 years ago. And it stopped working same instant you moved it away from mouse pad.

I think Razer needs to stop making big claims.