Rate my system.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by v98_mx, Jul 14, 2006.

1. faded

faded Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7970 OC
    Nice..
    I could only dream of something like that.

2. jason_20087

jason_20087 Master Guru

GPU:
    460gtx
    lol it comes to something when people need to hear how good or bad there comp is lol but whatever floats ur boat people happy rating

3. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    My MICRON CRT I BROUGHT FROM A GAS STATION DOES MORE THAN THAT OOOOOO ROFL XD.....I wish it did rofl XD. And Faded I cant believe your upgrading XD. Youll see like no real performance increase in anything unless you just have the most ****ed up overclocked pc of your life.

4. What are you talking about? An E6600 @ stock will smoke the 805 3.8Ghz.

5. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    rofl in reality we all know that he will only see big changes in synthetic test. But in games and basic pc use he wont even notice.

6. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080

You are kidding right m8. Jumping from the pentuim line to the Conroe will see big performance

7. Have you been living under a rock? Or have you not seen all the benchmarks? Conroe E6700 @ stock 2.66Ghz is putting up higher frames in games than an FX-60 @ 3Ghz.

8. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    Yeah, I'm getting pwned here with my little opty. Oh well...

9. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    wow are you ****ing stupid? IF YOUR GETTING A GOOD FPS IN A GAME your not going to notice the different form 60fps to 100fps cause you ****ing cant see it with your eyes.

If Windows apps open flawlessly at the moment wtf do you think its going to with a faster cpu huh? Still open flawlessly. Your totally missing wtf Im saying.

10. You are a real moron, and you are only illustrating your lack of knowledge about PC's. Please stop the flaming now.

It's not just in games either. Myself having gone from an FX-60 to an E6700 can attest to the fact that programs run faster, gaming is much smoother and the whole system just has more speed.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2006

11. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    He's right. It's not just games, system performance in decoding/encoding, working with any type of editing program is going to perform nearly 2x faster on conroes.

Anyway, so the point is not that you want to run a game at 100+ fps, it's the fact that with the same settings, you are running 40-50+ fps faster so it gives you that much more room to enable more aa/af + eye candy while staying above 60fps(or whatever you like)

12. iseedeadpeople

iseedeadpeople Master Guru

GPU:
    eVga 8800 Ultra OC
    hey crap we have same score? LOL...why???:3eyes:

13. ????

14. faded

faded Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7970 OC
    Uhh.. ok. I'm pretty sure I would notice a reasonable difference. I mean this 805 does alright, but it IS only a budget cpu that I got in the meantime until conroe came out.
    And I may be picky but I think its worth the upgrade myself. The E6600 is a proven performer and even at stock will wipe the floor with this. So imagine how quick its gonna be when I wind it up a bit more :)
    Also it may be true about not noticing a difference between 60-100fps, but I like to crank all my settings right up, so I would be lucky to get 60fps.
    So.. thanks for your concern, but unlike you, I have done plenty of research so know what to expect.

15. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    FX60 isnt a dual core rofl.

16. I hope you are joking. If not that is one of the stupidest things I have heard anyone say. FX-60 IS a dual core, and in fact is the top of the line dual core in the s939 package. Please just stop posting and retain what little diginity you have left.....

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1730143
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103608
    http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80730

...notice how they all say dual core? Or do you think all those sites are wrong?

17. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    gj you win crap. lol lil fourm flamer.

18. No flaming, but when you post something as foolish as that you need to do some research.

and you wan't to talk about flaming?

19. candle_86

candle_86 Guest

Ok yall i upgraded rate it compared to what i came from

Athlon XP 3200 @ 2.4ghz
    2x512mb DDR400 Dual Channel (got today so havnt added them to sig yet)
    PNY 6600GT 256mb @ 550/1100
    Gigabyte Nforce 2 Ultra 400
    20gb WD

waht i came from

Pentium III 1ghz
    256mb PC133
    Nvidia TNT2 M64 PCI 32mb
    Asus i810e
    20gb WD

20. From what you came from....9.5/10

By todays standards.....4.8/10