Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by N1GhTW4lK3R, May 30, 2023.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    I never thought I'd see the day when these past PS exclusives would release on PC.

There is almost no reason for PC gamers to buy a console these days.

2. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Don't turn this into Steam forums stupidity. This thread is about Ratchet & Clank.

3. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    They're not working on another IP but a NEW ip.
    They don't have anything to do with existing games.

4. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Bloodborne Remake would be a new IP on PC

[​IMG]

5. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Strangely, AMD lists this game as using FSR 2.1
    Not FSR 2.2, like The Last of Us.

Slave2Games likes this.
  6. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Nice. Had a lot of fun backthen 15, 20 years ago with iirc 3 different Ratchet & Clank games with kids on PlayStation 2. These R&C games are so fun and addictive to the point that I think everyone should start his "gaming career" with these games.

user1 likes this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Except for much lower cost of the consoles you mean? :p

You can grap a ps5 for the same price as crappy 4060ti.

8. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Gaming is not fun for me when my eyeballs don't touch the monitor and my back isn't severely deformed due to mouse + keyboard induced cramping.

AsiJu, Slave2Games and Undying like this.
  9. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    And ease of use. Much less problems with stuttering from asset streaming and shader compilation. And no need for a dozen stores and launchers. No Windows packed with bloatware and spyware.

10. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    I still don't want one. Playing with controller is the step before you can subscribe to assisted living. Better to suffer with dignity.

AsiJu likes this.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    We are PC gamers and would rather play all these games here but there is no denying that consoles are cheap compared to PC hardware.

aufkrawall2 likes this.
  12. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I don't have a PS5 and play all games on the PC. So I agree with you.
    But lately, it has become very hard to recommend PC gaming.

BlindBison, Undying and aufkrawall2 like this.
  13. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Honestly, I stopped considering consoles when I learned that I have to monthly pay for access to online services, on top of paying my internet provider. I'm not paying to have access to patches. That and the PC is just more versatile.

BlindBison likes this.
  14. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    I said for PC gamers. You know, people who already have a decent rig.

I used to buy PS for exclusives, but with PS5, there's no need. I even bought a PS5 last summer and then sold it two months later because it was just sat there, next to my TV.

15. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    There's rumors that a Bloodborne remake for PC and PS5 is in development as of May this year.

It takes time to do a proper remake and perhaps they were waiting to do a simultaneous release on both PS5 and PC.

emperorsfist and BlindBison like this.

16. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I only recommend PC gaming to tech oriented people that don't mind tinkering or messing with stuff.

PC gaming definitely isn't for everyone. Casuals and the tech illiterate definitely need not apply.

PC gaming also flourishes when given proper attention by competent developers. Case in point, when Jedi Survivor first released the argument could be made that the consoles were much better platforms to play the game than PC.

But after several patches, I would say it's the opposite now because while the PC's performance has increased substantially, the consoles' performance has not and are providing an inferior gaming experience due to poor graphical quality from extremely aggressive upscaling and still being unable to maintain a locked 60 FPS as RT cannot be toggled.

17. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Same, I basically stopped playing my Switch the day they added that asinine monthly fee for the online. I already pay for my internet and now these console manufacturers want to hold my online library hostage behind another infinite timeline paywall? No thank you -- I won't do it on principle. Consoles are much cheaper up front but when you factor in the online cost for 5-7 years that adds a ton of cost to that machine.

I need a PC anyway, better to just pay a bit more and make it a gaming PC for my needs. It's a bit of a shame as I really like owning physical copies of games which can be done on console and lately it seems like console gets a smaller percentage of bad ports so it's got real advantages.

AsiJu and emperorsfist like this.
  18. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    I wish Nintendo would start releasing native PC versions of their games. They get so butthurt about legal emulation, but they'd sell a mammoth amount of units if they just released their games on PC to begin with. Many PC gamers will never buy a console so how many hardware unit losses are they really experiencing by having staggered PC releases like Sony I wonder?

19. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Knowing nintendo, if they were ever to release in PC, they would develop a greater cancerous blight than Denuvo and cram it into all of their games for eternity.
    You'd probably also have to have designated Nintendoâ„¢ agent behind your back to verify whether everything is done according to licence of a game you paid for and don't own.

emperorsfist, AsiJu, Kamil950 and 2 others like this.
  20. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    I have a PC and all consoles. Compared to PC, consoles are dirt cheap and you don't need to upgrade them. Just buy once and get constant and predictable experience for 8 years.
    I played R&C on release day and it blew me away it was running on a 400 eur console: incredible visuals, great RT implementation, instant load times, Dualsense features, etc. Who knows what state PC version will be in and it will not leave the same impression for PC gamers as it did for me 2 years ago.

Now I'm playing Zelda now on Switch, next week I'll start D4 on PC and in a few weeks I'll be playing FF16 on PS5. I won't have to beg for FF16 port or harass developers with PC version release time. I also won't need to hope PC version is good without stutters or other nonsense. There are so many more reasons to have a console. For example Xbox Series X is amazing for Xbox OG and 360 games. It's the only way to play older Xbox games (not available on PC) at 4K with 4xMSAA and 16xAF, like RDR1, Gears 2, 3, Forza Horizon 1 (the best FH imo).
    I doubt this very much. Most PC gamers who also care about Nintendo games already have a Switch. Those who don't have a Switch and still want to play these games on a PC is a very small number. I don't think this endeavour would be worth it at all for Nintendo.

AsiJu and GoldenTiger like this.