Raptr service closes down

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 11, 2017.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX 1070 iChill x4
    We are sad to announce that we will be closing Raptr on September 30th, 2017. We want to start by thanking you for your support over the past 10 years.

The world is different today than when we first launched Raptr. Many companies offer game optimization tools. Having an independent platform to do this is no longer necessary.

On September 30, we will start the process of shutting off access to your Raptr account and disabling features. If you’d like to export your tracked game play history, you can do so immediately using the instructions below:

• Go to Raptr.com
    • Sign in to your Raptr account
    • Once you are signed in, click here to get your gameplay data.
    If you have any other questions, please send us feedback here.

We are proud of the service we built and the community who helped grow Raptr. Thank you, once again, for your support.

Dennis “Thresh” Fong
    Co-founder and CEO

Note: If you are a Plays.tv user, we want you to know that Plays.tv launched as an independent company in January 2017 and is not affected by Raptr’s shutting down.
    http://about.raptr.com/goodbye-raptr/

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro Fiji-X HBM 1150/570
  3. Starks

Starks Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI AGP 6600GT VIVO
    A poor substitute for Geforce Experience.

All of the game optimizations were guesses that didn't even account for hardware most of the time.

"You can use Crimson ReLive!"

No you can't. Only cards that support it can use it. Contrast with Geforce Experience that didn't care what GPU you had or how it was wired up. Even Optimus laptops were supported.

4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    all GCN cards can use crimson relive.

5. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 560 w8 4 Vega 56
    I don't get why AMD don't do GeFroce Experience substitute by themselves. Raptr was weak as hell but there is still some spaces to offer adequate service, like GFE. I'm pretty greed cuz Nvidia provides really great for gamers services.

6. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    They do something better. Radeon ReLive.

7. Starks

Starks Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI AGP 6600GT VIVO
    Nope. This is what my menus look like. Unless you know of a way to trick the driver into unlocking the menu (RadeonMod?).

[​IMG]

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    What GPU you have?

Use ddu and install 17.9.1 -> 17.9.2 later will be available...

after the driver is installed, it will say ''DO YOU WANT TO INSTALL RELIVE'' -> YES or NO.

9. Starks

Starks Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI AGP 6600GT VIVO
  10. TeGarchoFF

TeGarchoFF Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070 Turbo
    I just don't get why people need game 'optimizers', I mean, it's fairly easy to change graphics options yourself, and test. Everyone knows that antialiasing levels, shadow detail, view distance etc. has an impact on performance. Not trying to be rude, but if you need an app to change graphic settings, perhaps you should be playing on consoles :p

Ontopic, I guess I'll lose a ton of tracked gametime. Some of it was even imported from Xfire :/

http://raptr.com/Tegarchoff/games