Ransomware now targets Smart TVs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 30, 2016.

1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Sure have, first thing I did.

Very usable, I set windows scaling to 200% so it's the same as 1080p just much much sharper, games look very nice when I can run them at 4k

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yes I do I still have one those tv, I think Smart phones are the worse of the bunch though.

3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    There appears to be a happy ending after all.

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Hidden factory reset instruction that is on their tvs that you have to pay to be able to be told.

Top notch.

5. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    I've seen they gave the instructions out - even ordinary service points didn't have them. Resetting does flush all individual settings etc.

6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    This and the whole internet of things is the best reason for router leveladblock/malware block.

7. gamehunter

gamehunter Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
    What I read that in 2017 ransomware attacks will be minimal as most scriptkides and hackers will try to concentrate more in hacking drone.

8. gamehunter

gamehunter Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
    nowadays ransomeware attacks are common and most peoples are aware about it. In my opinion, old aged peoples are most coomon victims of social engineering and these types of ransomware attacks.
    The security features of smart TVs are not having that much security features as in an android or windows platform.
    Smart Tv became one of the favorites toys of hackers when people started their online shopping habbits through these devices. Here I am concerned about the kids as they may install some 3rd party unverified apps(as of now I am safe as they don't know about this feature). I referred this site and followed the steps for all smart devices. http://nci.ca/what-can-you-do-to-protect-yourself-from-spyware-malware-and-ransomware/

9. gamehunter

gamehunter Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
    The first public reference for drone hacking was on a book named Violent Python: A Cookbook for Hackers, Forensic Analysts, Penetration Testers and Security Engineers

10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    lol haven't seen this in a long time. All your base...

As my tv's getting old with 10 years of service I can see it failing sooner or later. But then again, I wish I could get a good tv (hardware = good) without any of that stupid smart tv bs. I just want a panel like a pc monitor, just larger, possibly with a tuner in there. No apps needed... does something even exist anymore? Do they release up to date hardware without useless smart phone function built in?

11. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Well, now I know I won't be buying any TVs from LG.

12. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Hey, why not. At least they'll tell you if you Twittershame them.