Random unplugs of external monitor

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by javi99, Feb 17, 2015.

1. javi99

javi99 New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7670M 1.0 G
    Hello all, Im using some 19´´ monitor connected by vga with my toshiba laptop. It has been like this for a year with no issues. But, since one month or so, Im suffering a random issue:

Suddently, image dissapear from the external monitor, and I listen the windows sound that sounds when you disconnect any device, then the laptop screen (which is in black) turns on for less than a second, showing the image correctly, and then it goes black again and image comes back to external monitor, and I listen the windows "device connected" beep. This thing happens in less than two seconds. Meanwhile, I can still listening the sound of the game I was playing in that moment

Just like If I manually disconnect VGA cable for less than a second, and plug it again

This is annoying me since If Im playing a game, it just crash when this happens

It happens twice a week or so

I already updated graphic card drivers

Please any idea? Ask me for any detail you need
    Im really thankful!

2. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Have your tried a different cable, different monitor?

3. javi99

javi99 New Member

GPU:
    Sorry, forgot to mention. Yes, I have tried three different cable (not new actually), but all three got me the issue

thanks

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Reinstalled graphics drivers?

Tried different LCD?

5. Jysoul

Jysoul Member

GPU:
    2 x ASUS R9 280X OC
    Have a look in event viewer under System logs and search for the date and time it occurred. If no warning or error, also look in the application log and post it here.

You can get an app to monitor temperature and I have had this issue regardless of OS from R9 280X while playing intense games and after a lot of research using CCC or Afterburner, I have the fan manually set to 100% and more importantly the memory and clock rates slightly reduced (sweet spot for me was 30 Mhz down) and never suffered a black screen again.

I saw errors in the system event log for when the screen went black, and there are many people that experience this. Not to say you have the same issue, so let's see if there are any events in your system or application logs.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  6. javi99

javi99 New Member

GPU:
    Yes! Reinstalled using DDU, and no happened anymore

Thanks for your helo mate, but not needed :)
    Sorry both for lating in the response, I just wanted to make sure it wont happen again. Thanks