Random reboots do to " video driver"

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by samusaran1, May 4, 2006.

1. samusaran1

samusaran1 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 710/1970
    My system has been flying like a scalded eagle until about 3 weeks ago. All of a sudden mt computer would randomely reboot and when I get back into my account, the send error message would pop up. I would get an error message from microsoft saying that the system crashed due to a driver problem. After about a week it started saying that it was crashing due to a video driver problem. It recommended me to update my card to the latest drivers. which I did. The problem is that im still getting the reboots. It doesnt seem to happen as much but it still does it once or twice an hour.
    I did not use a driver cleaner when I installed the new driver but I have never ran a driver cleaner before and have never really considered it neccesary. My temps. stay between 35 and 45 degrees and is currently clocked back down to stock speeds. Does anyone know how to fix this problem before it drives me crazy? Thanks.
    There is no consistency to the reboots. I can be scanning the net or writing a paper or playing a game so its hard for me to narrow the problem down.

2. wolf68k

wolf68k Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 6800GS 256MB AGP 400
    Start->Control Panel->System->Advanced->Startup and Recovery
    Uncheck "Automatically restart"

If you get a BSoD write down everything and tell us what it says.

3. samusaran1

samusaran1 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 710/1970
    will do. thanks