1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random frezzes

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by IchimA, Dec 4, 2018.

1. IchimA

IchimA Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970 Gtx
    Hy guys my build is like this :
    Phenom II 1090T ( old proc ) :D
    Gygabite UD3H
    12 Gb of ram ( HyperX )
    and an Nvidia 970
    2 SSD and 2 HDD
    Problem is I get random frezes on my pc .... and when I say random ... it's random ( can't reproduce the module ) Let's say I open AIMP, opera, utorrent and then a movie .... maybe the movie will take like 1 min to start , or opera will take 1 min to start. Or I want to open 10 - 15 tabs in opera . ... it will open them , but It may take some time afterwards until I can do something.
    Already checked with DPC latency , MemTest ( that is why I now only have 10 GB ) but can you recommend me a software to check the Motherboard? I think this is failing or something . Or one of the drives !???? I already changed the SATA cables . Someone said to change them once in 4 - 5 years. Any other Ideas ?

If someone is willing to help I can also record my desktop and upload the video on my youtube page ! Just let me know

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX480 GTR 8GB
    Event viewer says something?
    Checked temps, OC, with/without?
    Could you run a Live Linux USB for a a few hours, just to find if you have the same issues, narrowing it down a little more?

3. IchimA

IchimA Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970 Gtx
    I am not OC'ing and my ram are set at 1333 I think with CL9 and CR 1T.
    In event viewer I see a lot of bad things in administrative events ! A bad harddrive , some VL activition error
    But in hardware events there is no error

4. IchimA

IchimA Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970 Gtx
    No replay ? :(

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Sounds like the hard drive Windows is installed on might be failing.

Backup any important data and perhaps replace the drive or install Windows on another drive (disk).

6. IchimA

IchimA Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970 Gtx
    Windows drive is quite new ! SSD ... bought 2 years ago ... and I ran some ssd test says it's ok !
    this is strange ! run another one and it says my SSD has 231 days life left ! And health is 100%

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Try running sfc /scannow in admin command prompt to check for corrupted Windows files.

Also run anti-malware scanner if you haven't yet, like Malwarebytes.

8. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Bad PSU can cause random freezes and crashes.

Your best bet is to analyze crash dump and get some hits, if it's sudden power off, you just need to replace PC parts, 1 by 1 till you find a bad part.

9. IchimA

IchimA Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970 Gtx
    I know this . My Cooler Master PSU died last year now I have a EVGA SuperNova 750W ... it has a year and a half so ... .let's say it's new . Also ... as I said ... change the SATA Cables ... checked with Memtest .... but I think my Motherboard is going EOL ... capacitors and stuff like this. But I don't have a program to test the MB

10. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    New PSU doesnt mean stable. You just have to try and get PC parts for testing. Hate to be in your position, frustrating as hell.

11. IchimA

IchimA Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970 Gtx
    Frustrating and time consuming ! that is the ugly part .... my time is limited now !

12. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X WF3
    It does sound like a drive issue.

Sometimes, a single drive having issues can affect the rest of the system

Something to try could be copying a large amount of data (100GB+) to each of your mechanical drives first. If one of the drives is on its way out, it probably will stop responding half way through.

13. erouz

erouz Member

GPU:
    1070ti
    check with latencymon and try uninstal amd ata/atapi drivers and let windows use one it will install after restart