Random, falling off cliff thread!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by 2god4u, Feb 15, 2006.

1. 2god4u

2god4u Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Leadtek PX6800 TDH @ 420/800
    I am just extremly curious if you guys have ever felt like falling off a cliff....okay that was horrible here's a more detailed vers. :D

When you're sleeping, you close your eyes but you can feel that you're not 100% asleep yet. Thoughts are still running through your mind, in other words you're sort of concious and half asleep at the same time. Then all of a sudden you feel like you're falling off a building, cliff, off the bed or watever...and when you hit the ground your body kinda bounces up. I've asked a few of my mates and most of them have felt it before or recently.

Just wondering if you guys get it. I must say it's a awkward feeling and yet it feels cool. :)

2 Myths:

1) I heard that opening a fresh bottle of coke, then put 10 mentos inside, it'll explode. Has anyone done this stunt to confirm that it's true?

2) Eating a bannana and then drink coke will make you spew. Anybody experienced this? :p

Just some other random stuff i decided to put in, i know some of these myth might be old school, but i havn't really heard of a person i trust saying 'yes it works' etc.....

2. mykledw

mykledw Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    click the link and enjoy

3. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Yeah i had the same feeling a lot of times before. Infact, a funny little incedent. I was on my left side, and at the edge of the bed. Then i had this feeling that i was starting to fall towards the back. So, i tried to roll over. The result was that i had my head stuck between the bed and my desk (which they were too close to each other) and my foot wrapped around the bed sheet. Of course, people were too busy laughing so they couldn't help.

4. Xaser04

Xaser04 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    LOL nice one Glidefan!

I have had that feeling before. The problem is I can't remember what I was thinking to cause it because I wake up with a start then instantly fall asleep again! its wierd.

Mind you on the idea of things you do without thinking I managed to throw my tv remote into my head last night when I saw something gross on the tv. (guy was easting a aprt of a bull you don't want to know on fear factor) I just let go of the remote for no aparent reason and wack lol.

5. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    the falling off cliff happens to me a lot but not recenlty, the only weird that happens to me is that sometimes i forget that i dont have braces anymore and i panic when i feel my teeth with my tongue and there;s nothing :)

6. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    The banana thing isn't true (for me at least, I like cola And banana's so on occasion I consume both of 'em after another, no spewing here! :p)

That "music"....TERRIBLE! But looked cool though, reminds me of when I was a little boy shaking the 7-up bottle and opening it.........the ceiling didn't like it! :D

7. Morpheous416

Morpheous416 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 Super
    hehehe.....that's kindergarden chemistry.....

wanna have some real fun?

WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM FOR THE FOLLOWING EXPERIMENT.

All ya need is water. A 2 liter bottle, fill it less than half way. Now, put that aside, and grab you some chunks of dry ice....(available freely when you purchase ice cream at your local store).

Drop in a few chunks, you will see them start to boil. Put the lid on the bottle tight.

Now,.........RUN. Minimum safe distance for this experience should be at least 50-100 feet away. The resulting explosion from the pressure being built up in the bottle (ya see nothing stops the reaction of the boiling dry ice) will leave very little left of the bottle, and in some cases such as placing it in sand, will leave a crater behind!!

8. Pr0v

Pr0v Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus A9600XT/TD
    just smoke some good grass, you will feel like falling off a cliff when going to bed X-D

9. Blaise

Blaise Maha Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1080 TI SC2
    I managed to ski off a cliff in a white-out in the early 80's -- about 35'. Weird feeling becoming weightless when you don't expect it but I managed to land and ski away. Later in the lodge I was staying in I took off my ski boots and immediately fell flat on my face. I'd buggered up my left knee and it seemed that my ski boots had been holding me up all day.

I was in Whistler BC in early January this year and a local managed to do the same thing over a 150' cliff... unfortunately for him he didn't survive :(

10. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    why sometimes do we fell like that?
    is there a logical explanation ???

11. shrapnel22

shrapnel22 Master Guru

GPU:
    Chaintech 6800GT @ 400/1100
    Yes, I've had the 'falling' dream...as for spewing - Chocolate Milk and Pineapple DO NOT mix. I did that one morning back in high school. I had a terrible stomach ache on the bus ride in, got to school, was walking past a garbage can and :puke: My friends have never forgotten, and always bring it up if some ones eating pineapple. "Remember the time you..." Grrr...

12. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    My guess is that any citrusy type product and milk product wouldn't mix too well. Then again, I've had a pineapple smoothy before...

13. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I'll occasionally be in bed or dosing of at pc on my chair, almost asleep think i'm falling, jump up and grab summat, if thats what you mean.

14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    Never had any cliff experience during my dreams but I did have this one crazy ass dream in this neverending forest that kept comming back...

About coke + banana's = doesn't make you spew, I tried it.

As for mentos... I ain't trying that with coke :p

15. Royicus

Royicus Ancient Guru

Since the dry ice thing was mentioned here, I feel like I should talk about a safer way to do it, in case anybody reads this and tries.

First, pour water into the 2L bottle and kind of bend it in half so there is a kink in it. Then, put the dry ice in the bottle. Hold the bottle so that the kink keeps the dry ice and water seperate. Put the lid onto the bottle, then throw it. The pressures that build up inside will cause the bottle to explode.

The safe thing about this is the bottle has to be thrown before the dry ice and water mix, so there isn't a chance of you hurting yourself (if done in this order, regardless of speed).

And as for that other stuff, the myths, I'm not sure about those. But seeing as how I don't drink carbonated beverages, I'm not about to find out :p

Also, I can honestly say that I've never had a dream, or a feeling that I am falling off of a cliff. Maybe I am missing out?

16. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Isnt the "Falling off a cliff experience" a old saftey mechanism that we still have left over from before weevolved? So that we couldwake up and sort ourselves out if we were starting to fall from the tree we were sleeping in?

/"Creationists" dont bash me , im entitled to my beliefs , as are you.

17. Royicus

Royicus Ancient Guru

You know, I've heard something like that before. I'm not sure how legit it is, but I have heard it, so you aren't alone ;)

18. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    I know the falling feeling your describing, its not really fun, it always scared me. Sometimes, when it happens, im falling, other times people shoot me, or stab me, or harm me in some way, and i wake up immediatly.

19. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti

It sounds plausable though, who knows? could be true.