Ram or Storage

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Bhaal, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Bhaal

Bhaal Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB OC
    So spend spend spend.

I am trying to figure out what would work out best for me and future proofing. I have the system to my left and am thinking about adding another 12 GB or updating my storage system as i have one 840 Pro 120GB Samsung SSD, 2 x 320 GB Seagate Raid 0 and one 1 TB WD Black. The update would go to either a 480 GB SSD or Raid 0 of some new 1 TB hdds (2 TB space total), while maintaining the current storage configuration. I plan on phasing out the 2x320 raid 0.

I dont wanna go SLI and want to stay 1080p. What would be best for the next 1-2 years ?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  2. mexy750

mexy750 Active Member

GPU:
    3x EVGA Titan X SC
    i case you don't have a specific program with 12G+ ram requirement, i would go with the 480G SSD personally.

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Depends on what you'd want to do with your system of course. For 1080p you should be fine with the 970 anyway, and 12GB of ram (tripple channel I presume) is enough. I'm not sure what you need all that hard disc space for, but as everything else isn't really a thing holding you back if you plan to buy a gpu possibly in two years, going for the ssd is the only thing that would make sense to me. If your old hdd raid fails. Or you just want to blow money.

4. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    1TB + Only