Rainbow Six Siege Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by (.)(.), Dec 5, 2014.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, I was very disappointed when I found out as well.

2. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Fail fail major fail..

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The decision to make this a MP coop only game is incredibly stupid.
    And yes, I'm fully aware there are plenty of other MP only/focused games out there like the Battlefield series.
    It doesn't mean they all have to go that route. And it definitely doesn't mean it's a good idea to take a game built around it's story and tactical past and turn it into a MP only game.

I have always really liked the Rainbow Six series. For doing things differently then other shooters.
    And, minus Lockdown, I enjoyed every entry (to various levels). With The Vegas games being among my favorites. Even though they did thin the tactics down to bare bones... they were still solid, great games.

And I was incredibly interested/excited for R6: Patriots when they first started advertising it.
    But, for them to can that and then come out with this... "thing"... is just like a slap in the face to a lot of long time Rainbow Six fans.
    That's the thing with R6, setting up your team, equipment, the path you'd take... the style of gameplay you'd use.

That goes out the window when playing with other people, as the chances of other people playing how you think they should... is about zero.
    And the possibility of getting into a game with randoms, and actually seeing them do anything other then CoD style run and fun... about.... zero.
    Hell, even footage from a few conventions where people actually played this showed even Clans, people that play together all the time... can't seem to get their **** straight enough to use tactics and play as a team.

I don't wish negativity or problems on people, specially when it's their jobs. I would never want someone to get in trouble, fired or anything from their job. But really, I do kind of hope this R6 bombs and Ubisoft sees that this... is not what R6 fans want.
    When they said they wanted a NEW Rainbow Six game... a story, a campaign... not... this.

4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Let's face it, i dont think the designers at Ubisoft have anyone of the old crew left that would be able to capture the original feeling of the classic R6 titles. This is just modern popcorn cinema entertainment, grab your mouse / your controller and waste some guys on screen - that's all. It's just a logo slapped on a hamburger. It's tastes good for 5 mins but leaves you with more hunger and a less filled wallet.

And LOCKDOWN - God, that was aweful. I was lucky i played the demo back then before buying that crap. I think that was the beginning of the cash-cow operation on Ubisofts part. No fresh ideas what to do with the R6 series so they just slapped the logo onto it and thought it would sell on its own. Idiots.

5. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Lockdown, uhhh. Almost blanked that game from my mind, until now. :puke2:

I have some spare beta codes if anyone wants them

:)

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    Isn't the beta over tomorrow? or today.

7. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Great post but this is the clearest reaction I also have after seeing what the final product seems like it will be.

I feel like this is a personal kick in the gut, after how special the R6 series has been to me. Going to take a hell of a lot to make up for it.

8. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 ti
    Beta extended till the 4th.

9. The Kiiler 47

The Kiiler 47 Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1
    who need to try

10. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    As mentioned above the beta has now been extended for a second time to October 4th. Must be doing the business then. I love it personally.

Ps i've never once had a single issue with waiting to get into a game so am actually quite surprised that it has been noted as a big issue for many. Sometimes I can't get my character ready quick enough before I'm in game lol

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Rainbow Six Siege Nvidia Gimpworks® Trailer

12. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 RTX
    want to try the beta..

what "platform" is it on; steam, origin other?

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Uplay, i believe.

14. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Just got my PC beta invite. :)

15. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 RTX
    though it was open for everyone this time?

16. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I LOL'd.

On a related note, what is with the ridiculous clouds of unrealistic looking 'blood' everywhere.

Looks really stupid.

17. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    I really hate Craig.

Also Siege runs at 120fps plus maxxed out so poor choice of game for his point.

18. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Not sure, I received an e-mail earlier. Hope it is, will stress test Ubi's infrastructure.

19. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yay, SLI not working (even though there is a profile).

Can anyone else confirm?

20. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI
    All installed but yet still i can have a play because i Can't join any games /Beta servers unavailable is the message i get