Rainbow Six Siege Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by (.)(.), Dec 5, 2014.

1. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    1. Day isnt over yet.
    2. Servers wont work anyway

2. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    They are doing it in waves so you might not get in until sunday/monday so by time you have downloaded it and got in a match beta will be over :3

3. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green
    I got accepted into the beta months ago, plus I should have another access key from the recent Humble Bundle. So far nothing. I have a decent download speed, but I'm worried I won't have much time to actually test it before the event is over. :(

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This is because of either two things:

1. Typical Ubi unoptomized (which can be fixed like they did in Watch Dogs)
    2. An over estimate just the same as Shadows of Mordor, where even 2gb were fine.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Looking at that video it look very well optimised for a beta game.

Not that it looks brilliant though, but i have saw many worse looking MP beta games.

7. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970
    Downloading now we'll see shortly.

8. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    Played about 4 matches so far. Doesn't seem too bad.

Though the 0 Exp/Renown bug is annoying.

9. umeng2002

umeng2002 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    Same here, got confirmation for Beta, but no code.

10. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Had a great match yesterday. I had rappelled my way up on to the top of a building and slowly watched as my team mates got took out one by one so very carefully I lowered my way down to a window and smashed the defence to get a look inside. I spotted the three remaining enemy team entering an opposite room so made my way back up and rappelled down a window directly above them - upside down. I was bricking it as I'd barely got any kills playing the game so far and 3 vs 1 was not going to help matters any obviously.

My thought was if I'm going to go out I'm taking at least one of them with me. I lowered myself oh so carefully and right as I was taking aim at one of their heads another one to my right spotted me and threw a panic flash which subsequently flashed his own team mates inside the room but not me outside. Taking quick advantage I took aim and frantically spray prayed into every single one of them killing all three somehow together as I did. Winning the match.

It felt glorious. :D

11. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Errrr. Sorry but i cant see how a game featuring small deathmatch maps would need a lot of optimization. The amount of streaming data is prob 1% in comparison to openworld games like MadMax or GTA.

And 6GB VRam are needed because they ported the coding over from ThisGen consoles i guess without any optimizations.

12. Jamie T

Jamie T Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Thought people weren't allowed to share video's of the Beta..

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Game isnt that demanding. That guy was pushing 120fps+ easily with 980ti. Only problem is Vram usage/requirements.

Thats why i said even R9 390/390X 8GB would suffice for 60fps+ Ultra textures.
    I really need to get one of those.

14. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green
    I got my beta code today, installed and ran the benchmark so far. I'm actually somewhat impressed they put a benchmark in the Beta. I'm also happy to see the Terrorist Hunt mode is in now too and not just the PvP deathmatch mode. Anyways, I put everything to the Max, except Textures are Very High instead of Ultra (it says it requires an Ultra Textures DLC to enable them). On my Sager with an i7 4770K (stock) and GTX 980M it cranked out 102 FPS Avg. and 66 FPS Min. This ain't gonna be too demanding based on that.

I'll update after a couple Lone Wolf missions.

*Smooth as butter, no hitching or mouse lag as in so many console ports these days. I played a pair of Lone Wolf version Terrorist Hunts and my fps stayed in the 90-110 range the entire time, except for when a couple of times when a big explosion with lots of debris went off in my face (still 80+ even then). Even if Ultra Textures costs ~25% of my fps (a total guess on my part), it's still a piece of cake to max out on higher end hardware.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  15. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    Some reason I can't get my Voice to work. I can hear others but they can't hear me.

16. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    They added in Terrorist Hunt, woo! It's great fun and I'm definitely going to take a plunge with this when it releases. Not for this price though.

17. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    50 bucks... what they smoking

18. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green
    I like the gameplay so far (other then suicide bombers). The controls and feel of the guns is excellent, the most responsive feel I've experienced in a long time. This is without tweaking a single thing either. So I'm very pleasantly surprised and impressed by that. However, if there's no story mode, and no NPC operatives to have fill out your team if you want to play solo you're limited to Lone Wolf mode only. While that's kind of fun, I can't see buying the game before it's 75% off on a Steam sale in 2 years. If you love PvP then it may be worth it... I dabble in it here and there, but it's never been something that has kept me coming back to a game over and over like the Co-Op and Solo modes in the old R6 games did.

19. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Not gonna pay over 30 Euros for something that lacks SP & and a story.

I bet the bots in Terrorist hunt wont even have a good AI, they're prob just waiting in place until you show up.

20. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Got my access by mail today.. but will not been able to play before tomorrow ( hoping the beta is not just a week end lol .