Rainbow Six Siege Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by (.)(.), Dec 5, 2014.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Looks like i'm already golden for the Beta, i wanted to sign up and said i already redeemed a beta code.

So i guess if you played in the Alpha you're also in for the Beta.

2. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    To add to the rant, i'd say it's pretty clear all Ubisoft IPs have moved so far away from the hits that started each series that they have become unrecognizable.

SplinterCell: levelling up through money & hiding / climbing & dumb bots searching for you until you're seen / heard

AC: levelling up through money & hiding / climbing & dumb bots searching for you until you're seen / heard

R6: levelling up through ????? & sneaking / shooting & dumb bots searching for you until you're seen / heard

Farcry: levelling up through killing enemies/ animals & sneaking / shooting & dumb bots searching for you until you're seen / heard

GR: levelling up through killing enemies & sneaking / shooting & dumb bots searching for you until you're seen / heard

...... need i go on? :p

3. umeng2002

umeng2002 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    Yeah Ubisoft games have devolved into openworld grindfests or just grindfests to level up.

I dropped SC Blacklist almost near the end because the whole upgrade system was pointless and the side missions were horrible... not to mention the bad level design.

Far Cry 4 was actually very good, but I 100% it because I was being obsessive compulsive and the combat is fun, but 90% of the things in the game don't give you anything but more money or whatever. Like spinning the Mani wheels does like nothing, yet it's in the game for some reason.

4. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Yeah exactly. All those levelling systems were once introduced into game series where they hardly make any sense imo. It's almost like they want to sidetrack us into doing stuff besides the main missions to hide the fact that the games are actually pretty short to play through and all those big open worlds are totally lifeless & boring to travel through.

5. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green
  6. Jamie T

Jamie T Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    This game is so amazing and so beautiful I can not wait.
    Really doh, this should replace Cs Go, this is the real terrorist vs counter-terrorist battle.

Cs Go has turned into a spray game to make it easy for n00bs.
    Rainbow Six has a unique style and I fear activity just like many games, cause even good games lack activity and the only reason a horrible game like Cs Go has so much activity is money money, the free drops gets everyone playing.

Cant blame made hundreds of euro's on cs go easily, but this game rises far above it.

7. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Awesome video. Love those gimmicks they can use (shield, rope to 1st floor windows etc) on the fly. This is actually better than CS.

Still, it lacks the 'professional' atmosphere of the original R6 series. This looks like any action shooter.

8. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    Game has no doors. You HAVE TO BLOW THEM VIA BREACH OR HAMMER or you can't get in.

LOL

Shhh... Somebody's coming. How do you know? Didnt you hear the explosion?

9. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I guess sometimes speed & surprise is the better tactic. I remember looking at the bots in Ravenshield picking locks with a terrorist on the other side of the door thinking.... 'do terrorists listen to inear music or what?'

10. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    I remember in RavenShield I could slowly mousewheel unlocked doors open to peek in or toss a flashbang before storming the room.

I remember equipping some of my fireteams with silenced weapons because the prelim intel showed certain key locations that needed to be taken out first, and letting other fireteams go loud with assault rifles because I could tell that team, via go-codes, when and when not to engage.

I remember some missions where I had to silently enter a residence or high rise apartment and plant bugs or download files without tripping any alarms or killing any tango's.

I remember playing ANY other version of Rainbow in which gas or stun grenades were obvious inclusions in the game (and not arbitrarily absent because it makes too much sense) to specifically take care of small, individual room-sized scenarios like what I see from every single Siege footage available.

And finally, I remember when I actually wasted time even talking about this joke of a concept (that will be fun for exactly 1 week after release and then discarded) called Siege...

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Just a quick video of a game, a video of which seems to serve no purpose other than to remind you that this game exists.

12. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    I miss the Rainbow Six games of old, just throwing it on terrorist hunt when you were bored to pass the time.

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Im struggling to see the difference between all these BF iterations, this and other "tactical" fps'.

This is why COD has grown on me again. Atleast its trying to be different with each release. Which is more than what BF3 through to Hardline or R6 Vegas and this version have done. Far too much super serious American Oorah crap on the market.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    is this PvP? or PAYDAY 2 like PvE ? iam confused. maps r small? looks that way. this is Counter Strike overall?

15. Jamie T

Jamie T Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    it's 5 vs 5 in a hostage situation.
    fairly small maps, the houses can be closed down with traps and stuff to make it harder.

this game is so awsome it should replace that awful cs go

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Any news about the date of the closed beta?

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    There is a PVE mode, Terrorist Hunt it's called.

Wich alot of fans loved and wanted in Siege and it's happening. :banana:

18. Jamie T

Jamie T Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    New video from Gamescom

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This edit is to save anyone else the 1:11mins of their life that they'll never get back.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  20. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1
    Eins, zwei, polizei...you failed to save mine (.)(.) now that song is stuck...aaaaaa