Rainbow Six Siege Announced

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Ubisoft has announced Rainbow Six Siege, the upcoming installment of the acclaimed first-person shooter franchise developed by Ubisoft Montreal studio for the new generation of consoles and PC. Rainbo...

Rainbow Six Siege Announced

2. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    At least the graphics are a great improvement on the original Rainbow Six series. ;)

3. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I miss the old Rainbow 6 games where you had a team of eight. Now its just an arcade game.
    REVIVE ME, REVIVE ME! **** that noob ****.

4. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    Be another ubiflop, their games always under deliver.

5. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    My friends and myself have always enjoyed playing the Rainbow Six games co-operatively. Will this one have a campaign that can be played through co-operatively again? From the video, it kinda looks like it's just made for PVP matches. But I really hope it'll feature a co-op campaign.

6. Silent_Takedown

Silent_Takedown Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 WF3
    Looks like it could be fun.

I hope it won't be another Watch_Dogs disappointment though, purely from a comparison to the E3_2012 reveal however. In my opinion, despite all the flack it's got, it's not too bad and have enjoyed some of it. It's just not quite what it was going to be.

7. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    Last good one was ravenshield...then the stupid console versions came and broke the game just like ghost recon wich was awesome back in the day.

8. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Amen to that Brother! I have never forgiven Ubi for mangling the Tom Clancy name. Yet they still manage to suck me back in with Watch_Dogs. I wonder what happened to Patriots. That from what little was shown was the kinda R6 I wanna play, this...not so much from that vid anyway.

9. evasiondutch

evasiondutch Guest

GPU:
    2x-MSI gaming 290x 4gb OC
    Yeh my last rainbow i played 11years ago also great graphics back then.

10. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    thx guys :) look at what they did to silent hunter 3 was good 4 kinda and 5 was bugged as hell.Rainbow six games we're groundbreaking but when the console ports came it was over same as ghost recon.I bought ghost recon back in 2001 i had a walkthrough book for the the game because it was so realistic one wrong move and you we're dead or lost a squad member,and ravenshield yes configuring your whole squads before going in and dismantling bombs or rescuing hostages was awesome,all the types of weapons you could ecuip each member,and the replay value of those games was amazing.I still remember that i wanted to finish every mission in ghost recon and rainbow series games without a teammate killed.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014

11. dbogss

dbogss Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix-RTX-2080
    yap.....i saw the movie this morning...it looks interesting from all the remakes of E3 and all the not revolutionary games coming up this one and the Division may have a chance actually....may be a good change from BF4.....too much:biggun::vader:.....anyway rainbow six is long dead like many other series destroid by the greedy people behind the scenes like ea -ubi-....where is Patriots...all dead????

12. dug011

dug011 Member

GPU:
    GTX8800
    Rogue Spear was the last Rainbow 6 game that I enjoyed. It looks like this version may be getting back to their roots!

Although, I really thought the trailer was cheezy! Love the distruction though

13. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    R6: Ravenshield was just the best muliplayer FPS i have played ( was member of an US clan at this time ) .. hardcore as hell in MP.. ( 1 hit, wounded, second hit dead ( headshot, dead ) .

This trailer dont look bad, i just fear the result will be really far of the original R6 series.

I dont expect to see a Ravenshield remake with better graphism anyway, but who know, it could end as a good game, sometimes we need to let the reference of the past been in the past, and take the thing as they come ..

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  14. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"

I remember when we used to have LAN parties in the garage with 8 computers with Ghost Recon 2 and Rainbow 6 every weekend. I remember strugging with the graphics in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on my Pentium III and GeForce Mx400. Those were the days.... :( Then we had to get jobs and grow up and ****....

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I actually liked R6 Raven Shield most of all. And this is as close to it as today games go. And destruction mechanic looks good to me.

Gameplay was 100% on gamepads that is why it was looking like arcade where everyone shoots a lot and no one dies.

Will put it definitely on my radar.

16. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Actually if you look all the Prompts are for the Keyboard not buttons.

17. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Probably because it had a good MP for a while when people were playing it. It was quite active too, with clanbase ladders.

18. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    lol what is this : (((

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    It would not be 1st time where released game had only one tutorial key setup and hard coded.
    Therefore if you changed your key binds before playing or played on gamepad, you would get tutorial with wrong buttons shown on screen.

While this gameplay has been staged to take some time I do not think there are people who would be so bad at shooting with any kind of mouse.

Hell, I believe I would do better with trackpoint or touchpad.

20. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Yeah that guy went thru over a hundred rounds and I don't think he hit anyone..It was a bit comical really