Raijintek JUNO-X RGB Low-profile CPU Cooler

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Need a Zalman flashback? Looking at the size, it probably performs from a cooler in that era as well. The JUNO-X is a small, compact, and light CPU cooler that for HTPCs and other small computers wit...

Raijintek JUNO-X RGB Low-profile CPU Cooler

2. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    it's not a flashback, it's almost exact 1:1 copy of Zalman :D Anyhow, at least it's reasonably priced, unlike anything Zalman ever... :)

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    That RGB one is pretty cool looking though.

4. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    to each his own...It looks childish to me, like every other RGB PC component.

5. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    It looks like one of those old beyblade spinners.

In all seriousness I have had 2 rajintek coolers and they were always really good and cheap. A lot better than other options.

6. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    Ditto - my case is closed no lights to distract me, and even if it had a glass panel, i still wouldn't entertain any light form whatsoever!
    i'm an old boring git :D

gx-x likes this.
  7. Pawel04

Pawel04 Active Member

GPU:
    HD 7950/3GB
    Reminds me of my old Thermaltake golden orb II!

8. MrAMD

MrAMD Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080
    My thoughts exactly. I miss the good ole Zalman's coolers

9. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Wow, I like this design, makes a lot of sense to me. Fans draw air in from all around them, also the sides, so by recessing the fan actually into the heat sink fin stack they're getting a cooling effect from influx of air to the fan as well as from the exit side of the fan. Also, with the fan recessed it means that all air that exits the fan has to to go through the cooling fins, none of the air can escape from the very edges of the fan without going through the cooling fins. (EDIT: having said this, just noticed there are two massive gaps in the fin stack where the mounting solution resides, so a fair portion of the cooling air looks like it will just pass through that area of low resistance & not add to the cooling potential - if they could somehow get rid of that wasted space then it would be good.) Would be interesting to see the actual temperatures on this unit in comparison to other low profile coolers.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  10. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    i had 2 coolers like this, they were good when heatpipes and copper and massive fin area weere not a thing.
    I do not thing they get a chance to cool anything other low spec cpu that need a led over it.