RAGE PC ending disappointment **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Retroborg, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Retroborg

Retroborg Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 1070 8GB
    So, I completed RAGE today. I fought my way through Capital Prime, pressed the final switch of the Data Transmission Terminal on the Nexus Core, activated the satellite in orbit and all the arks around the globe immerged from the earth.
    But no wait! Where is the final Boss fight and my fatty reward and who was general Cross?!
    Also I was expecting a much larger last level and a more fierce resistance from the Authority troops considering this was their capital.
    This was very underwhelming, quite a disappointment and a very short game considering how long this game had been in development, but its pretty obvious they left it open for a RAGE 2.
    At least the world lay-out was semi non-linear and levels re-visitable, but still multiple paths in each levels would have been highly appreciated like in Hexen, Heretic, Quake 1 & 2, Doom, etc...
    Also the Wolfenstein 3D, Doom & Quake & Developers Graffiti Easter Eggs were cool touches and that huge Mutant Boss in the Dead City was so cool! It reminded me of the 1st Zombie Boss in House of the Dead 4 arcade game.
    Also the authority prison stage was cool & reminded me of the Half Life 2 for some reason..
    http://uk.ign.com/wikis/rage/Easter_Eggs?_cmpid=ign40

Wow well... let’s hope Doom 4 will be better.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    i enjoyed the game except for the last part. i felt it to be lacking, the ending especially. i was hoping for a little more than that.

3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Kinda makes me glad i didn't bother buying it. So many good LOOKING games came out last year that turned out to be disappointments. BulletStorm, while fun as hell to kick enemies into spike walls and such, just turned into repetitive boredom throughout the rest of the game. Basically didn't need ANY of the guns that were given to you for the most part, just your big a** boot. Brink... looked like it could be quite good prior to release, but took no time at all to hit the bargain bin. Can't even think of others, cause i probably just totally lost interest.

4. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    The lamest ending is no ending at all and that's the case with Rage.
    It was like playing a shareware version of a game. Only episode 1 of 4, for free, except this time you had to pay full price for an unfinished game. The last part felt rushed, while the rest of the game was pretty nice imho. A total let-down.

5. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    I got way more miliage from DOOM III. RAGE was an alround letdown.

6. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    True, I especially loved the abandoned city, proves horror doesn't need narrow corridors.

I liked Rage but at the ending I was kinda like "wait wut?!"

7. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    I will admit though.... i'm not a fan of the RageQuit video's on youtube for the most part.... but Rage did bring about one of the most hysterical ones I've seen in a LOOOOONG time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIXuRTKlFzE

8. Retroborg

Retroborg Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 1070 8GB
    Doom 3 was awesome actually!

Rage... I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

9. aparicio1

aparicio1 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA/GTX480SLI
    My brain fails to remember having a 20+ gigs dx9 game installed on my computer so short, so bad designed, horrible grafics, i could never waste my slied gtxs 480 again this much ....(I hope) For me the worst flope of 2011

10. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    The game itself was lacking which is why when i got the last quests ....(mmo style quests) I just went meh had enough a FPS that seemed like a Linear MMO

11. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    At the end, I was all BFG'd up with no place to go. What was I supposed to shoot it at? Waste it on the souped up mutants? The one or two heavily armored soldiers? I was lovin' the sawed-off double-barrel shotgun throughout most of the entire game though - point blank devastation with a challenging reload time.

12. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    needs more ammo in the game for sure. I am still working on it but, its nothing I can say "I cant wait to get home and play" =[

13. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    I liked the game. It felt like an old school fps for a change. Every FPS that i played felt like CoD for some reason (like BF3, Crysis 2, etc).

While the ending was bad, the fun that i had shooting compensates. It was a nice game, with a beautiful design (wich is weird for an ID game, so glad they're taking their stuff into this direction).

Just wait until they get on their feet again. Im sure that Doom 4 will have plenty of big ass boss fights :)

14. Beast

Beast Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    That's pretty much as far as I went with this game.

15. wyndrusher

wyndrusher Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1070 SuperJetstream
    When the ending cinematic started I thought "cool now the game is going to get good" then the credits started and both me and my brother just looked at each other and said "thank god that was a free rental from blockbusters" It was less Rage, more like powderpuff.

16. Grim_2o0o

Grim_2o0o Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 570 Nitro +

Hahaha, had exactly the same feelings about the end... it would be like Independence Day ending just as the aliens blow up the White House. Talk about short-changed.

17. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    same. i had finished deadisland before starting rage. and rage just felt like it was purposly cut there. like if the game was longer but they tought 11-12 hour gameplay was enough and decided that was the place to cut it and leave the rest for dlc or rage 2. there was so little stuff to do in that game the ending felt like when things where going to get good indeed.

18. Homonculus1987

Homonculus1987 Banned

GPU:
    evga GeForce GTX560 Ti
    They thought 11-12 hours was long enough? I didnt even hit 8 hours before I beat it wtf.

19. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    well took me 11-12 hours. not rushing it doing most races ect...

20. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Well, it IS all down to how you play the game. If you're the strategic/sneaky type... it might take you longer. If you're the flat out non-stopper, then yea, you're going to beat it quick. Not coming close to the quoted hours of gameplay shouldn't be a surprise to really anyone here.

If you ask me, replayability is FAR more important than gameplay length. I'd much rather slap down $60 for a game that i know i'll be playing for months than a game i feel like i'll play through once and not have the urge to touch it ever again. Unfortunately i never really seem to follow through on that feeling and end up making stupid purchases anyway.... like Mortal Kombat for PS3... which i think i played for MAYBE a day or two after buying it, and have yet to touch it since. Haven't even opened the little card to get the code to be able to play it online (If anyone is interested in MK for PS3... *hint hint sale sale*). Assassins Creed Brotherhood.... i played through AC2, and only a little of Brotherhood.... and again haven't touched Brotherhood since like a day or two after i got it.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012