Rage for Crysis

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Australis, Mar 7, 2008.

1. aBra

aBra Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4870
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  2. Australis

Australis Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    Envious of you :) Seemingly my luck will rely on the console port.

3. N00bst3r

N00bst3r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 OC
    Those screens have just reminded me why i'll be playing through Crysis again this year :p. If only i could run the same IQ as that at above 30fps (30 is playable and i dont hink we will see Crysis looking like this and running at 60fps for a while).

4. Arronaldo8

Arronaldo8 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 280 1GB
    I use msn a lot and i get used to the slang lol sorry

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Australis: yeah.... if a console port were to happen. Only thing i've heard is that Crytek said they MIGHT release a game on consoles using CryEngine 2, but it wouldn't be Crysis.

6. N00bst3r

N00bst3r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 OC
    Hahahaha no worries :p . If a console port is to be made it will most likly be similar to the Farcry ports that were made, i.e have the name an location similar but change the rest of the game entirely.

7. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    The 360 only has 512 MB of RAM (granted, GDDR3 RAM at 700mhz). Crysis uses almost all of my VRAM and almost all of my system RAM. THey would have to turn the foliage down A LOT to get it to work. I don't know if I want to see the result of that...

8. SamRockr

SamRockr New Member

GPU:
    XFX 9600GT 512MB ADXXX
    Crysis runs smoothly for me 2 but i would choose COD4 anyday over crysis....i think its a gr8 looker but cannot match the gameplay of COD4....what say u?:infinity:

9. Australis

Australis Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    Thank God the game is back online following what I have installed. The bug was fixed and the patches seem to work well. I am getting approximately 5-10 fps increase, meaning (slideshow to slowmo). Still very bad gaming experience: terribly long loading time, poor graphics and pauses everywhere. Just tried to overclock the CPU again. I wonder if I can endure these bad elements until the end.

10. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    SamRockr: CoD4 is fun, but it's honestly WAY too short, and WAY too linear. There's a lot more you can do in Crysis than in CoD4, especially when it comes to messing around with the Sandbox 2 editor for Crysis.

Now, i know someone's gonna say Crysis is linear too.... but nowhere remotely as close to as linear as CoD4. At least there are some rather large areas in Crysis between the corridor's you have to go down to progress through the storyline, with each large area having a couple enemy bases, and each base having several different ways to approach it. CoD4 basically gives you one path with very, VERY limited ways to attack. If a game wasn't linear.... what kind of story would it have? I can tell you right now, it wouldn't be much of a FPS. would be more of an RPG.... giving you the option to do this or that if you really want to.... or ignore the task completely and go about doing something else.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008

11. Australis

Australis Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    To make the shooting experience smoother, I just lowered all graphical settings to low but increased the resolution to 1280 x 1024. Making me shocked, Crysis runs a lot faster than using high settings on 800 x 600. I am getting 40 frames per second on this apparent DX7 game. There are trade offs but I like the speed. Lags are intolerable no matter how good the image quality is. As a bonus, the enemies are now easier to spot.
    [​IMG]

12. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    You can't compare the story of the two. Call of Duty 4 is going to win every time. Limited isn't always bad, and it works towards CoD4.

Crysis puts you on a beach and says "go" and at many times you are walking around aimlessly (destroying random things), although it does win in the visuals and physics department. The ending sucks.

Call of Duty 4 takes you for an epic ride, is extremely intense at all times, with cutscenes that aren't cut scenes, and is much more realistic on a gameplay level. It has very memorable moments - the nuke scene, the sniper mission, the gunship mission, the final scene...