1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rage 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, May 14, 2018.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Kind of what I was thinking.

Yeah, a lot of the advertising is showing off the flashy colors to draw attention to the game.
    But, in the gameplay videos... the world itself is your standard, browns, greens... earth tones. Desolate, apocalypse world stuff.

The pinks, blues and purples come up in the bandits. How they paint their bases, weapons, vehicles... themselves. To mark their stuff.
    And then, the players nanotrie abilities, specifically Overdrive amplifies the color of the world as all the players senses and abilities are... ampped up.

In the gameplay videos, the color doesn't look obnoxious, distracting or obtrusive. Because it's used within the world it's set in. used with the bandits, their camps. Marking their territory to let others know.

Undying likes this.
  2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 4GB Windforce

same footage or no?

3. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Same footage.
    The end is slightly different, as it teases the Authority.

4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Is the shooting mechanics a bit without recoil or oumph or am i mistaken, i guess the rifles are too arcadey to shoot A LA COD, gameplay reminds me a lot of bulletstorm :p, my only hope is, please, no megatextures and textures pop in edits and astuff, hopefully the engine is good enough not to have bugs

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019 at 10:41 PM

5. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    MegaTexture was a feature of idTech5.

And, as has been said already... RAGE 2 is not using idTech. It's running on Avalanche's APEX Engine.
    And, even so, idTech6 and 7... don't use MegaTextures. They use something similar, but it's more in line with how texture streaming is handled in other engines like CryEngine or Unreal.

Hell, MegaTexures only actually appeared in RAGE and Wolf:TNO and TOB. And in TOB it was changed.
    They didn't feature at all in The Evil Within even though it used idTech5. Because MegaTextures can only use pre-baked light maps. And TEW uses fully dynamic lighting.

Undying likes this.
  6. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Megatextures was a good idea and was ahead of its time. We might see it again in 10 to 20 years.

ramthegamer likes this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    It takes incredible mind of John Carmack to create something like that. Industry dont have alot of those.