1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rage 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, May 14, 2018.

1. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Hopefully they can continue to add reasons to return to the game with monthly updates.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    And there's the two story based DLC packs coming this year.
    Those are said to add more locations, enemies, weapons and abilities.

3. Richard Nutman

Richard Nutman Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 580 8GB
    Well I'm 19 hours in, taking my time with the main story and absolutely loving it. Superb shooting, a decent amount of fun exploration. Graphics look great imo.
    Looking forward to more updates and additions.

4. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080ti
    So after beating the game a few weeks ago, I decided to do another playthrough but this time chose Nightmare difficulty....and boy did it make all the difference! Playing on normal and getting all the power ups makes you damn near invincible but on Nightmare skill you actually need to power up quite a bit to hang which just makes it so much more enjoyable. Love this game!

5. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The next update will add a New Game + option.

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion aren't they.

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Personally, I think the game looks great.
    Just because it's not cutting edge visually, doesn't mean it looks bad. Comments about how it looks dated or bad just make me laugh.

cerebus23 likes this.
  8. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    It's not that it's dated or bad... The world just doesn't feel grounded.

Dishonored 2 probably doesn't look as good everywhere, but the world and characters and side quests are some of the best I've ever seen. Can't say the same for RAGE 2. I think they took the "ridiculous" approach too far with the game and made it silly to the point that people can't take the game seriously. Maybe if the writing was better, or the NPCs were actually interesting... Oh well...there's always RAGE 3 in another 5 years.

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    DisHonored 2 is gorgeous.
    Thanks to a brilliant art style that doesn't strive for realism, but instead it's own design.

And, I don't think RAGE 2 should be, or was ever meant to be taken seriously. I don't think they took the ridiculous approach far enough.
    I don't want another serious, grounded and dramatic open world, wasteland game. Sorry, but those are boring and a dime a dozen. RAGE 2's more "Hey, this is stupid... lets do it" approach was very welcome.
    My only issue, is there wasn't enough of it. And as such, I'm really looking forward to the upcoming story DLC packs.

10. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Yeah there's not a whole lot of nothing besides shooting. The world's still pretty empty.