Rage 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, May 14, 2018.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Hmm sounds like I might be using a bit of a large value then having the poor ranger stretch his arms way out in the distance to clear up the screen ha ha. Well should try a slightly lower perhaps and maybe see how anything not assault rifle looks like. :D

Though it's not DOOM style at least although centering it like that had it's uses too back in the day.

[​IMG]

Zenoth and Undying like this.
  2. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    Just finished the game in 31 hours not bad :)
    Game is great just dont expect to much, loved the ending btw.

Cant wait for more story dlc.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I saw this in steam,

We wanted to take a minute to cover just some of the reported issues we are working to address:
    • Audio fixes, such as NPC audio dips
    • Menu optimizations (reduction in latency)
    • Several crash fixes
    • Racing bug issues, including finishing in 1st place but receiving 2nd place (how rude!)
    • Reducing the amount of Wasteland Wizard locations (from 15 to 3!)
    • A dialog prompt issue with Kvasir
    • Mouse acceleration/smoothing options
    • New AMD sharpness algorithm for all platforms (to address “blurry” complaints)
    • Nicholas Raine armor fix
    Outside of squashing bugs, the team is also working on adding new features to the game. We’ve seen the feedback that you want to be able to revisit some of the bandit camps that you’ve previously cleared. We love that feedback! In the near future, select bandit camps that you’ve cleared are going to be repopulated at an even higher difficulty with a reward incentive. The best part? The challenge is ongoing, so you can test your skills as you attempt to clear the outposts again and again, with the outposts getting more difficult each time. More details to come.

Looks like a nice list of fixes we can expect.

Stone Gargoyle and AsiJu like this.
  4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    What are Wasteland Wizards and why is dropping their number a good thing?

5. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    do they come from the moon???

anxious_f0x likes this.
  6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    hmm the wizzard guy i thought was one dude that travels around. i had to fly between his stops to find him, not sure why there were 15 of him nor where the 15 were at.

as far as for wtf the wizzard/s are they do f all to explain it, hes a wacky character in a wacky silly world and its and fps game, how much world building and story are we expecting?

a bit more i think via reviews. and criticisms.

they had a good fun game but they needed a bit more of that stuff to elevate it to something more.

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Finished it today in 15hrs and did about 60% of the map (didn't even find all the guns). Anyway, it's an OK game but I really didn't feel like completing the map and I don't think it will be that memorable to me. On to the next game!

8. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    :D

9. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    This game died quick lol

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    It's a single player only game.
    Still surprises me that people try to judge a game's quality by the amount of people playing it at any given time.

You'll see a rise in players when the first big patch comes out, when new content is released every month.
    But, this whole "There are only this many people playing... this must suck" mentality is very, very flawed.

Archvile82, cerebus23 and Kolt like this.

11. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Anyone is experiencing some stutterings ?

12. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI DUKE OC
    Yep, the game didn’t die people have finished it. I love the game and am still playing after 25 hours.

13. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    like many others i anticipating the first big update before i jump back in.

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I'll return to play more with the next run of updates, fixes and free content they are adding.
    Plus, the two DLC packs will be a nice boost.

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    here is the issue with rage they sell it as a open world game, but that open world is deep as a puddle.

so yea as long as your having fun with the combat, and doing random stuff on occasion, but the npcs and world are so dead.

the main npcs do not have any dialogue outside their missions, the quest npcs will never go back to their farms or town once you cleared it out that would have been amazing to see since they tell you that they want you do the task so they can return then they just stand in the same spot for the rest of the game doing nothing but spouting the ty for your help and how they will be rushing back......man its been weeks......

a co op mode would have helped this game if you could up the spawns in the game, because co op is always more fun than solo play especially when the combat and powers are as dynamic as they are could have made some great streaming/videos.

that would have given it a tad more shelf life. until they could add to or deepen the world building/activities.

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Depends on what you want or expect from the open world.
    Sounds like you are wanting a more in depth, RPG type open world... were your actions have actual impact on the world.

RAGE 2 is all about it's combat, it's why future updates will bring in bandits retaking outposts, and increasing difficulty so you can continue to fight.

blitz72 likes this.
  17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I find myself constantly wanting to load this game up so it definitely has that "one more go" appeal and addictive factor.

However, while the game itself is very derivative - one third Avalanche's own Mad Max game (the post-apocalyptic desert setting), one third Far Cry (the open world map and mission design) and the rest DOOM 2016 (the first-person combat) - it is nevertheless a lot of fun to explore and play, thanks mainly to the awesome combat which adds enough power ups and weapons to make every battle entertaining. It just never seems to get old for me.

Shame the rest of the game isn't quite up to scratch though. Visually the game is fine but rarely impressive, voice-overs are cheesy but okay and the music is fine. Vehicle driving is also solid although once you get the helicopter-type vehicle then there's little reason to use the main combat vehicle (and you can finally get away from that annoying voice that utters the same five things over and over again!). However, the package is marred by lots of bugs and glitches. Physics are wonky - debris can often be seen floating in mid-air - and NPC voices often disappear altogether during cutscenes. I've even encountered issues with the car engine sound not cutting out after a race until I entered the menu and exited it.There's also some ugly geometry clipping noticeable while travelling through tunnels (I can see missing triangles filling in). Worst are the mission bugs such as one where I was unable to interact with the NPC in order to advance the mission until I saved the game, exited it then resumed the mission. This happened twice with the same character too (thankfully, this has been acknowledged by the developers and will be fixed in the forthcoming patch). Finally, the menus are a mixed bag, laggy to access and poorly laid out. Why does it never remember the last section I accessed? Why are there no shortcuts to recall a vehicle instead of having to navigate to them via the menu? Why can I only create items such as health packs and grenades one at a time instead of all at once? This game really could do with some serious polishing up IMO.

For me, this is one of those fun 7 out of 10 games; you know that ones that don't excel in any particular area but offer enough content and addictive gameplay to keep you enjoying it in spite of its issues. If you're on the fence then I would definitely wait until the game has been patched (disappointingly the game has had no patches since release except the one to remove Denuvo) and it is absolutely worth buying in a sale if you like this genre.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I'm holding off on revisiting it until the update is out.
    Making outposts refill with enemies and some fixes... will be great.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    @Darren Hodgson The game clearly needs a patch which I think they talked about releasing as a Day 30 patch but on the other hand...some of these things, like the audio, should have been priority.

On the other hand, that's what people hated about FarCry 2 ;) I think it's fine as it is but that the game could use a New Game+ or something?

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    True.

Everyone's first impressions of this game will be based on the current build of the game which is unpolished and buggy. While I can accept and forgive the audio for an NPC cutting out once, it has happened far too often for me to overlook it. The same for the other bugs such as floating debris and one quest breaking TWICE forcing me to have to reload the game. I also forgot to mention that the game froze on me three times too while saving, though thankfully I did not lose any progress (I always save to the next of the 12 save slots each time anyway). These issues have happened for me far too often to be just 'rare' bugs so I can only surmise that the publisher decided to just go ahead and release the game anyway rather than delay it to fix them.

Don't get me wrong, the game is definitely not broken or anything, it's just very rough and glitchy for a major triple-A release. The game really needed another month or two of polishing before release but now we paying customers have to play the waiting game for the patch or patches that will address these issues. I would imagine that for many the patch will come too late anyway as people like myself will already have played well into the game if not finished it already.