Rage 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, May 14, 2018.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    How come this looks so smooth while averaging 33 fps o_O

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    stuff is moar cinematic dont cha kno @ 30 fps?

i forget what corporation told me that....

blur can smooth games that have low frames, shooting a screen also is not great to show an accurate representation of the fps and how smooth or not it is. I would tend to think way video works it would tend to make it smoother than it might appear in person or a direct screen capture.

shadowplay or gtfo.

AsiJu likes this.
  3. Michal Turlik 21

Michal Turlik 21 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080Ti
    Yes in part it is (smooth) but with the 1440p upscaled to 2160p it is a lot better :)

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Good to know!

The upgrade / perk systems seem neat, lots of stuff to get / unlock.

Vehicle combat seems serviceable but not a major factor for me. It was similar in og Rage if memory serves, if not a bit better even.

I think this open world style fits Rage's vision pretty well. As in Rage 2 is a continuation of what Rage was.

Story is absolute balls but who cares. Though I think Rage was better in this regard, you were an Ark survivor trying to make it.
    Instead of some apparently random dude who straps on a ranger armor and is the "chosen one" all of a sudden.

But like said doesn't matter when gameplay is this great!

Graphics could be a bit better but game looks good either way. Runs great too.

Netherwind likes this.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Any patches? I had refunded the game because of talk of audio issues and progress blockers. I was looking to buy it in the summer sale patched up. All I remember was the denuvo remuvo hotfix.

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I don't think the "Statistics" menu in RAGE 2 is accurately tracking.

According to it I've played the game about 2 hours, found 2 arcs... taken down one convoy...
    Yet, I've found every arc. Have every weapon and power. Taken down 7 or so convoys, been playing the game since release.

Noticed tons of other stuff in the statistics menu didn't match up either.

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Is anyone else getting massive frame drops in MB TV? Especially on the "boss" fight at the end, I get drops into the 20's! I hope they release a patch soon, I will probably be finished with this game by the time they do haha. Performance is good for the most part, the most recent nvidia drivers gave a decent boost but sometimes fps can be all over the place and dosent make sense. I avg about 7-80 fps on a mix of high and ultra settings, 3440x1440. Fun game!

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Held solid frame rates for me, game hasn't dipped under 60fps since the hotfix patch they released last week.
    Before that, I would get the occasional stutter while driving around, but that was it.

cerebus23 likes this.
  9. DerSchniffles

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Interesting, MB TV is the ONLY place so far that has issues. Running around the world is pretty solid minus the occasional fps "freak out" that occurs.

Man, I have all the guns and all the powers unlocked now...I am unstoppable. Normal mode is waaaaaay to easy, especially after you unlock everything. I should have played on a harder difficulty for sure. Perhaps if they add enough content through patches and/or dlc, I will do another playthrough on Nightmare.
    I really do wish the world was more full. I know it has been mentioned on here already but it can feel so empty.

cerebus23 likes this.
  10. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    .I just bought the game aswell, what i didnt like is the game got no gamma/brightness slider what the hell was Bethesda thinking xD
    Besides that the game is great, i get a good fps on 1440p [without resolution scale its off] a fps between 70 and 110 on ultra settings, the game wont go lower as 70.

I have to say tho the game can look dull @ times because its so freaking bright.
    Overal its a fun game, but i just cant ge used to the controls there are to much bindings and to many power ups i keep pressing the wrong buttons lol.

Also without any aa on i see a weird ghosting effect when i move the character, with aa on i dont have such problems.

I just wish besthesda could release a sharpness slider in there next patch, to bump up the clarity of the game.

Last edited: May 26, 2019

11. The same goes for JC4. The same engine, the same problems. Somebody was extremely lazy to put gamma consts to their tone mapper I guess... I honestly don't understand how they could omit this.

12. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Yeah it makes no sense, game is to bright atm for my taste.

Nvidia freestyle is an option but i refuse to install GFE.

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    A Bethesda employee said he would pass along the request for a Sharpness slider to the team at Avalanche, and see if it's something that can be added.

And yeah, there are a LOT of controls.
    Personally, I feel the Focus/Dash control should be the same button as sprint.

But, my current control setup is...
    EDSF - movement, A - Jump, Z - Crouch, Spacebar - Use, R - reload, Shift - sprint
    Mouse 5 - Focus/Dash, Mouse 4 - Slam, Middle mouse - Melee
    G - throwable, H - swap throwable, X - Overdrive, C - Shatter, Q - Barrier, W - Vortex, Left Alt - Dash

And finally... T - health infusion, Y - overdrive infusion, U - ability infusion

I've been using GeForce Experience's Freestyle filters to add a sharpening filter to the game, and counter the blur.
    Works great, and really makes the game look a LOT better.

14. Sharpening already blurred image doesn't add any detail. If it's blurred by FXAA,TAA or MB, the image detail is already lost. Sharpening such image only makes the remaining detail more perceivable while adding another unwanted artifacts to the image.
    They should rather implement a proper reconstructive TAA with alternating pixel sample coverage. That's what Ubisoft games have been using since WD2.

15. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    every time i think im starting to get bored i end up in a scrap with enemies that brings me right back in i had entered a base and found myself a little hidy hole at the top of a ladder and one by one the goon squad started climbin up to get at me which made dealin with them pretty easy even thyough they each take several shots to deal with armour playin on nightmare diff. i kept an eye on the red dots that indicate there positions around me and i could tell after some major effort and being downed once havin to use refib all my nades and health there was one single enemy left to deal with to clear the whole camp,, i waited at the top of the ladder as i had with the rest at about 50hp and right as i thought they was about to climb up n i was all set to use slam on him to finish in style a single grenade suddenly flew upward and landed at my feet...........and i died. yeah now i have to do it all again!!! not a single enemy had changed tactic all that much until the very last one lol! :oops::D

anyone who says to me the ai is bad even tho its open world play it how its rly meant to be played on nightmare then come and tell me its bad again.

Last edited: May 26, 2019

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Just saying what was said.
    It's one of the most requested "changes" for RAGE 2.

17. DerSchniffles

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti

Its too bright for you? Man, I feel like its too dark in a lot of areas. Ive heard others saying its too dark, but not bright as you say. How interesting....I also have my monitor calibrated for 2.4 gamma but in a dark room so that may be part of it but I do absolutely agree, a brightness slider would be very nice- its a basic function that should not have been omitted.

18. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Where are people making these requests? I'd make one for a resolution slider that scales up and not just down. And also a hotkey for the HUD toggle :D

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah for the HUD I'm using Cheat-Engine plus a added in script for weapon/first-person FOV because it just looks better at a value of ~70 - 80 instead of 45 - 55 or what the default could be all up close and taking up most of the screen area.

HUD/Free-camera. (HUD toggle also works for the photo mode.)
    http://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?p=90018#p90018

FOV plus weapon/1st person FOV. (I somehow managed to copy a existing script and add this in and then the value can be edited to what you prefer and just toggle on and done.)
    http://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?p=90325#p90325

20. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Very cool thanks. But is there a way to add a hotkey and make it stick for the HUD toggle? I can add one in with cheat engine but I have to do that everytime I open it.