1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rage 2 not coming to Steam

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by vbetts, Dec 7, 2018 at 6:06 PM.

1. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M
  2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapp. RX Vega 64 LC
    Which makes it a no buy from me now then, and i absolutely loved the first one, so was really looking forward to this, ahh well, hey ho.

Solfaur likes this.
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Hmm expecting it to be timed but we will see I guess, security concerns recently is a problem too but that will be plugged though I prefer not to use every digital game client if possible but half a year to a years exclusivity would be my guess and I also expect DOOM Eternal to follow suit and Bethesda to use these to try and boost popularity of their own client.

Solfaur likes this.
  4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -NDA +AW@240Hz
    Everyone wants their own store those days. I can understand EPIC, they have decent coders and people have basic level of trust towards them.
    But level of incompetence of Bethesda is high enough for me to be afraid that they would delete my game library.

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 (8GB) 144hz
    As others have pointed out it's a definite "no buy" from me unless it's on steam, where you've got reviews, forums and good refund policy.

K.S. and lucidus like this.
  6. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Gabe cries MS is corrupting market with Windows Store. Gabe cries they have to pay out to others. Gabe makes steam. Gabe gets greedy. Gabe now wants 22% of all sales. Now Gabe is crying because other devs are simply finding their own way to distribute.

Like with most things in the business world. Steam has been ruined by greed. Multiple, smaller, developer friendly platforms will splinter out now. Epic is starting the push.

7. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X WF3
    Although I would prefer to have all my games on a single client, there have been constant issues with the Steam integrated version of ESO failing to log in to the official servers for hours on a regular basis.

Some people even went and bought a second non-Steam copy, so this might not be such a bad idea.

8. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Ahhhhh that's means I'll have to not download another launcher to not play this game....

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    The forums and reviews on Steam are 99.9% worthless.

10. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Not only that there is that possibility of a security leak where they doxed some of their customers too. I wouldn't trust purchasing anything from them in any. I would trust Epic over Bethesda any day of the week.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I'm dead set against further fragmentation and stopped creating accounts on the internet (cba dealing with sites getting pwned and changing passwords or maintaining authenticators) unless it is required for my work so I'll be keeping my money both in this case and doom eternal (should be obvious by now). I'm more than happy to return to my old ways instead.

12. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 (8GB) 144hz
    What is it specifically that you don't like about their format? The fact that you may freely express yourself on the forums and/or criticize the game in your reviews? Are you by any chance an investor?

MegaFalloutFan likes this.
  13. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X WF3
    Perhaps he was referring to the quality of information on the forums?

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I only need to take a look at steam discussions or reviews to see if there are any serious problems with a game or if the publisher has taken any anti-consumer action recently. If one can't handle a bunch of memes and trolls then I don't know how they can survive on the internet these days. 99.9% worthless ... lol.

RzrTrek likes this.
  15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Probably getting the CODEX Edition then.

16. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970 Mini, KD55XD800
    The reviews are mostly joke nonsense 11/10 would play again, but you do get actual feedback on why or why not a game is good

And the forum for every game on steam is invaluable, you don't need to search for walkthroughs hints and tips on what to do. Moving from the steam forums to steam community was their best move

Solfaur likes this.
  17. ManofGod

ManofGod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Why? Because you would rather have all you games under a service that can lock you out at any time for any reason and you have no recourse? Competition is a good thing and will keep them honest.

Or, can you find me that phone number for Steam Powered support?

18. user1

user1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    tell me , how is having your own launcher even worth doing, when you could offer a standalone download .

this stuff is bloatware in the worst way. it serves no function, that cannot already be achieved with less effort.

There is now, the epic games launcher, battle.net launcher, bethesda launcher , uplay ( acts as a launcher through steam), origin(might as well be a launcher) it's starting to get ridiculous .

Have they considered just selling games on their websites and then offering an installer for the game you bought? is that a CRAZY idea?

I sure hope doom eternal doesn't end up being a bethesda launcher exclusive.... that would be very disappointing.

lucidus likes this.
  19. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 / GTX 1080
    Not ideal, but not a deal breaker for me either. If the game is good, and it looks promising, I'll still get it.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    That's a shame... guess I'll be giving it a miss then.