radiator mounting question

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by TyrantofJustice, Sep 4, 2017.

1. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    i have a 240 AIO i would like to mount with fans on bottom showing in case... issue is my mobo 4 pin connector in corner will not let a fan fit cause it hits the wire,

i have custom cables from cable mods sleeved but its in the way... i ran behind mobo and up thropugh top corner.

is there a way around this?

2. jura11

jura11 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti +2*1080 FE EK
    Hi there

What AIO do you have, some AIO can be mounted where are you want but some Corsair mainly cannot be mounted as you described because this can cause air locks and therefore damage of AIO

I would suggest get extension for fans there and runs fan cables behind the motherboard

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

3. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    ok i have the ekwb predator 240 ... im looking to get the tt ring aio to match my rgb set up thats why i want to mount fan side down.

all fan wires are behind mobo its the fan that hits the mobo connector from power supply.

4. jura11

jura11 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti +2*1080 FE EK
    Hi there

You are making mistake by going with TT Ring AIO as first

Regarding the motherboard connector on PSU is in the way then I think or I would rather recommend getting different case which is more water cooling friendly

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

5. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    Ok thanks ... I have the Corsair 780t case I believe it's called it's very water friendly ... If my custom cable was a bit longer it would fit