RadeonPro GTA 5 incompatibility

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Blackfyre, Apr 14, 2015.

1. jeckop

jeckop Guest

GPU:
    2xR9-290-H2O@1100/1400
    :eek::eek: :)

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
  3. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    Using RP's frame limiter drops me from constant 60fps down into the mid-50's:

RP On: http://i.imgur.com/R6QcuOj.png
    RP Off: http://i.imgur.com/DXJagMe.png

I don't know if it's a compatibility problem with the game or what, but even without enabling *anything* it's hurting my fps. Disabled RP's frame limiter, switched to RivaTuner's and it cleaned up my fame rate. Strange.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  4. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I hope you get banned, this is clearly trolling and all you're intending is to start a stupid argument over a statement so dumb that it cannot have been placed here with any logical reasoning whatsoever. Unless perhaps you work for Activision.

As for everyone else, I'll reply to you guys when I get to the PC.

BUT for testing purposes, keep SweetFX on, keep the optimisations in the advanced section, disable ALL the modifications you've done in the "Visual" section in RadeonPro, run the game, the lag will start, press your trigger button for SweetFX to switch it off, F12 or whatever it is for you, the lag will stop, load the game, once the game is loaded and you're in the game, press the trigger button again and turn SweetFX on.

5. Xanvast

Xanvast Guest

GPU:
    Titan X P 3 Way SLI
    Jeckop > Thanks so much bro !! 4rth day I was struggling to find a way to make sweetfx work it was driving me crazy ! This did it.
    I had to tick ignore dx11 too then it finally worked... I can finally play now :D

6. pabaroto

pabaroto Guest

GPU:
    R9
    hello? i have 50fps (high, 270x) and when I read what you said I ran to try that ****, but obviusly there was no fps boost, its just the radeonpro counter which for some reason shows double fps.

7. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Are you trolling again?

That comment you quoted was about how there's no benefit to running games over 30fps.

#2 the third comment by me on this page (Posts: 256) following the initial comment stated that the FPS Counter was actually wrong and all RadeonPro done was slightly improve the experience of the game.

Maybe read all the comments on the page before you reply with something which was already stated.

Sorry for being harsh on you, but that's two ridiculous comments you've made.

8. Scarecrow7

Scarecrow7 Guest

GPU:
    HIS R9 280X / 3GB
    Go away Ubisoft.
    Its not funny anymore.

:grin:

9. Sobtanian

Sobtanian Active Member

GPU:
    7970 crossfire-1125/1575
    I'd like to than Jeckop for finding the fix and Blackfyre for the tweaks advice.
    Wonderful stuff :)

10. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    So, it works and RadeonPro vsync and triple buffering are smoother than the game's?

11. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    It definitely works, but it works differently for different people. For me personally it improved FPS by about 5FPS (in Trevor country town) and by about 10 FPS in the City. Give it a try and see for yourself (don't do any MSAA or FXAA modifications using RadeonPro otherwise game at the start won't run properly - also disable SweetFx when you run the game, enable it with once you've loaded inside the game play (use your hotkey for SweetFx).

Edit: it also fixes the micro-stuttering issues that occur 30+ minutes into game play for me.

12. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I don't have the game yet, I'll probably get it at a point on Monday. I don't usually use SweetFX, I'm a vanilla art guy :D
    I would use it only for the frame smoothing, and nothing else.

13. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Haha well alright

By the way my 7970 is clocked at 1050Mhz for Core (any higher and I get crashes and artifacts) and memory is at 1400Mhz...

Put it this way, you can set everything to high, and a few stuff to very high, and constantly run the game over 60FPS (the game is the most CPU intensive game I have played ever by the way, so it does benefit from extra threads and higher clock speeds).

14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Barely get 40FPS here...

15. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    That's awesome :D
    I had to lower mine from 1150 to 1125, because Frostbite games would crash (the infamous Direct X device removed error, that everybody blamed Frostbite about, but it was always hardware related in the end), but it's completely stable for months at 1125/1550.

16. stitch

stitch Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 970
    Thanks jeckop, this fixed several problems I had with this game.

With Vsync I was stuck at 59FPS. I tried several things, that Custom Resolution Tool for example, but nothing helped.
    I tried disabling Vsync ingame and forcing it through the Catalyst Control Center. Well now my FPS was at 60 but for some reason I got tearing. lolwut

I tried borderless window mode. That actually fixed it but had a different problem. The games wasn't running smooth anymore. There was some heavy stuttering.

So I had to use fullscreen with vsync which got me stuck at 59 FPS. Also the game didn't use triple-buffering so sometimes the game would drop to 30 FPS. To fix this I had to alt-tab when I started the game.

But with RadeonPro this is all fixed. Buttery smooth 60 FPS with no weird framedrops to 30 FPS :)

17. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    Barely get 30FPS here, although I am running at 2560x1600. At 1920x1200 it's around 35-45FPS in the benchmark.

I'm not certain yet but it seemed like I got more stuttering or at least it was less smooth in the benchmark with RP's Triple Buffering and Vsync Always On compared to just in-game Vsync.

18. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Yeah me too. RP hurts FPS.

19. admile5

admile5 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X TriX 4GB
    When i enable DVC (Dynamic Vsync) framerate goes to 30, but if i override refresh rate to 120Hz then i get 60fps. Seems like it not only doubles the fps counter numbers, but also needs double fps limiter / refresh rate values.

20. slowbeatle

slowbeatle Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X Sapphire tri 4gb
    This is odd

When i choose the GTAV.exe it tells me to run the game via playgtav.exe, but i am playing steam version and that file doesnt exist, and even if it did it wouldnt work cuz it was for pre-load (already tried using a playgtav.exe, and gtavlauncher.exe) Any help? Screenshots of a steam user would be nice :)