RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Thanks for reporting it, but I couldn't reproduce what you describing.

I'll see if it's possible (I think it is) to disable powerplay while gaming, that should fix those fluctuating clocks.

Ok, thanks.

Make sure you didn't choose the launcher executable for your game, use the game executable instead. The profile unloaded sound should be heared only after you exit the game.

2. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1
    question: is it normal:
    1. adjusting global profile does not change settings in CCC? (which one is used in that case, CCC or RadeonPro global profile?)

2. When managing a profile (for specific game), in "advanced" options those first 3 optimization options always revert to enabled no matter what I do?! If they are enabled they are influencing IQ (negatively) in games or not?

Thanks. :)

3. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    That seems to be a bug, which i already reported earlier and he already taken note of that: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3659252&postcount=1408

4. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1
    Thanks for the heads-up. :) I have similar but not the same problem.

- mine just reverts back to checked state as soon as I leave the advanced page and come back to it or switch to another profile and come back. But generally it seems like it is impossible to disable those optimizations, I am just wondering if it is default ATi driver behavior (cannot be changed on driver level) or is it RPro bug or something :)

:wave:

5. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX

thats because you are pointing the launcher and not the real game (?).

6. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    Yeah, that's the part where i didn't bothered to report every single weird and unexpected behavior and just used the word "inconsistency" :s

7. brazen

brazen Active Member

GPU:
    Asus STRIX GTX 980
    I'm not aware of launcher for a direct install for EVE Online (read: Not installed via Steam). That is, there is "eve.exe" (546 kb), and I'm not aware of any other way of launching the game.

How would I check this? There's "eve.exe", "LogServer.exe" (used for debugging purposes) and "repair.exe" (to fix installs). Rest has non-executable extensions.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  8. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    1: changes made in RadeonPro are not reflected in CCC, but changes made in CCC will be reflected in RadeonPro if you change between Global and Profile settings after changing something in CCC.

2: Bug, will be fixed in next build.

Thanks.

Seems that eve.exe is the launcher that starts another process, maybe in a sub-directory of the game. I don't have the game to tell you, I think somebody else will help you with that matter.

9. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1
    I am realy sorry but just to clarify: If changes in radeonPro are not reflected in CCC, what default profile will game use, RP or CCC? If I go to CCc and set 4xAA, and set 2X in RadeonPro, will next random game use 4xAA or or RadeonPro 2xAA setting?

10. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Both programs make changes to same registry keys, RadeonPro will re-read the registry and reflect changes made in CCC after you change some setting but CCC won't re-read the registry and won't reflect any changes made in RadeonPro.

The last setting will be used (in your example, AA 2x set in RadeonPro will be used).

11. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1
    so, to sum this, if last setting is in RadeonPro that setting will be used no matter what CCC is set to?! Sorry for repeating, I just need to make sure because of of HWbot and some other things :)

12. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Yes.

On Windows XP CCC will reflect the changes made in RadeonPro, but in Vista/W7 the changes will be reflected only if you unload CCC from memory then start it again.

You can try it yourself, change something in RadeonPro and apply the changes. Open a command prompt and type

taskkill -f -im mom.exe
    taskkill -f -im ccc.exe
    clistart

When CCC is ready again you will see the changes made in RadeonPro.

13. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1
    I am really sorry, I use win7, not XP. What rule applies there?

edit: you mention unloading CCC from memory, this is not very convenient, CCC instals with drivers. There is little to none chance that CCC can be avoided. Is your suggestion to NOT install CCC? (|I am former nVidia user and i hate ati drivers)

edit1: never mind that last edit, I misunderstood you. Thank you very much for your answers. o/

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  14. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    AFAIK, you need CCC running to get the 3D graphics settings applied. But i could be wrong.

However, sometime ago i wanted to minimizes the services and processes running on my computer: So i turned CCC off. That resulted into that no AA were applied to my game that relies on CCC 3D settings for AA. Turning CCC back on resulted that my AA settings were used. Haven't tested this with games with in-game AA settings tho.

15. brazen

brazen Active Member

GPU:
    Asus STRIX GTX 980
    How can I check this though? The game is free btw, that is, you can just download it and don't need to input a username and password, as it will unload the profile 1 second after load (http://www.eveonline.com/). :)

There is a boatload of dll files in a subdirectory though, could it be one of those?

EDIT: Never mind, found it! I used the Task Manager to check this, and it seems the file to monitor is called EveFile.exe in a subdirectory! The process monitoring link on the right click menu of Radeon Pro made me see the light. :banana:

So there, solved!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010

16. chanw4

chanw4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 4GB GDDR5
    He is talking about unloading CCC temporaryly and restart CCC and you will see the changes. So I think CCC only load the setting from registry once instead of checking the registry every time you 'open' it.

17. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX
    of course you can not install it. Just select "personalized install" when you install drivers and it will show which parts its installing.

Altho for me there is no harm installing to change color options :p!. Then i disable it from starting at windows boot

18. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1
    yes, I edited my last post, I misunderstood what japanmd said :) I don't need CCC for anything except to turn off overdrive when I am finished with gaming so the 2D clocks revert to 157/300 instead 400/whatever :p

19. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Just a follow-up: Got the fps unlocker trainer to work with the new compatibility method :)

CCC doesn't need to be installed.

So EveFile.exe is the file to be used for the profile.

@topic: long time, no updates, the next one will have a major change in program's core code that allows Steam and Live games (and other games that use a launcher) to use compatibility profiles. Not 100% guarantee thought, as some launchers may not work (still need more tests)

20. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    That day i will piss my self :p

Also. Nothing to report here. No problems so far. Making Steam profiles is smooth. Same for "normal" profiles.
    Can't be more happy with your app man!

Thank you! :banana:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.