RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    The "Always use highest performance clocks while gaming" didn't work?

2. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    nope, and setting the clock to anything on radeonpro also didn't work, the only thing that works is by changing the clocks using MSI afterburner, but now i'm confused on how to set my stock clocks back to 950Mhz, cos if i reset the clocks it will go down to 150MHz without able to back up, unless i raise the clock.

my gpu is MSI 7850 Power Edition.

btw i used the latest preview version of radeonpro.

3. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Installer updated.
    http://www.radeonpro.info/Download/RadeonPro_Preview.exe

Updates
    -------
    xx/xx/2012 - New build 1.1.1.0

- Changed: German translation update (thanks to Lennart Brüggemann)
    - Changed: improved OSD rendering performance on DirectX 10/11 games
    - New: FXAA support (DirectX 9/10/10.1/11)
    - New: FXAA can be activated/deactivated during the game (configure the hotkey on RadeonPro's Settings screen)
    - New: SMAA support (DirectX 9/10/10.1/11)
    - New: SMAA can be activated/deactivated during the game (configure the hotkey on RadeonPro's Settings screen)
    - New: Dynamic Vsync Control (DVC) support. This feature controls how vertical synchronization is applied at rendering time, automatically turning it off when frame rate is below monitor's refresh rate to reduce stuttering and turning it on when framerate is above or equal to monitor's refresh rate, improving smoothness.
    - New: DVC can be activated/deactivated during the game with SHIFT+HOME key (OSD panel must be visible)
    - New: Dynamic Framerate Control (DFC) support. This feature acts like a frame rate limiter with smoothness control, just set a frame rate target and RadeonPro will try to keep it as close as possible while maintaining frame rendering times close to each other to avoid stuttering.
    - New: DFC can be activated/deactivated during the game with SHIFT+END key (OSD panel must be visible)
    - New: DFC feature's frame rate target is adjustable in real time, press SHIFT+INSERT to increase the limit and SHIFT+DELETE to decrease it (OSD panel must be visible)
    - New: Lock frame rate up to monitor's refresh rate. This feature limits internal frame rendering times accordingly to refresh rate (i.e. 60 Hz = 16.67 ms) instead of waiting vertical retrace.
    - New: On-Screen Display panel, showing current status of some RadeonPro features on top of game screen. Press PAGEDOWN key to toggle between full panel/reduced panel/hidden.
    - New: OSD panel can be made visible since game start either globally or at profile level, just configure it on OSD tab
    - New: OSD panel versions can be disabled either globally or at profile level, just configure it on OSD tab

- New: Real time GPU monitoring with On-Screen Display support. GPU monitoring displays your video cards temperatures, utilization, FAN speed and VRAM utilization
    - New: Current date/time/FPS and actual playing time can be displayed at OSD
    - New: Improved CrossfireX bar which shows real time GPU utilization with moving bars at left side of screen
    - New: Better keyboard handling (i.e. fixes some games that don't allow OSD control or change of FPS corner)
    - New: Improved hook handling with better Steam overlay compatibility
    - New: OverDrive controls allow basic overclocking, manual cooler fan speed and PowerTune adjustments (available only at profile level)
    - New: Added option to display new CrossfireX logo on OSD when a CrossfireX capable system is detected
    - New: Added proper support for Direct3D9Ex games (i.e. Splinter Cell Conviction, Blades of Time, Fallout New Vegas etc.)
    - Fixed: Some games that used to hang at startup when API monitoring was active are now playable (i.e. STALKER Call of Pripyat)

- Fixed: Basic OpenGL support restored
    - Fixed: screenshots now works in DirectX 10/11 with R10G10B10A2/B8G8R8A8 formats used by some games (Dirt 3/Showdown, F3AR). Performance is not so good as in other games, but it will be optimized soon.
    - Removed: skins (all). They will be replaced by new Web skins feature. Anyone with HTML and Javascript skills will be able to create skins for RadeonPro.
    - Removed: Aggressive API detection (useless with new hook handler)

4. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW Yeah!
    Thanks John!! :D

5. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Oops, please download the installer again, I forgot to remove a comment causing DFC to be disabled in previous file.

Edit: yet another update to installer, this time to fix the missing OSD on DX10.0 games.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  6. vinyl

vinyl Active Member

GPU:
    RX 570 / 8GB
    It's ok, keep them coming... After all this is a beta, i'll take installer bugs anyday with these new features! :)

Nifty new OSD you have there! :banana:

Just got in, so i'm about to do some tests. Can I ask you this... Is it possible to add transparency to the OSD/s?

Incentives in the form of a donation are heading your way. These builds speak for themselves on the efforts you've made, keep it up!

7. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    I almost feel as though I'm ripping John off by having only donated $10 :/

Best money I've ever spent! So glad you're back to working on it :)

8. phill1978

phill1978 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 1GB 5850@840/1140
    this is an amazing update. donation on the way when i get paid.

Im sad though :( it wont be long before Steam is on Linux and i already pretty much moved to the platform. Im sure there wont be a Linux Radeon pro

9. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    I'm having a problem with trying to use DFC to limit Arma2OA to 30 FPS.

Whilst it does prevent it going above that, it actually causes the framerate to drop even lower, to 25 or 21 FPS, in places where without DFC and just Vsync Always On (so the FPS is limited to 60) it would hit 40 or 33.

I'm testing with Benchmark E08 and note that in one scene the GPU is only at 24%, in a couple of others 40%-60% and only in the final scene does it climb up to 99%.

The second scene is where it drops to 25 FPS with 60% GPU and the final scene is where it drops to 21 FPS with 70% GPU.

I tested with Triple Buffering enabled as well as DFC and Vsync Always On and it was the same.

10. Chrisoldinho

Chrisoldinho Guest

GPU:
    CF HIS 7950 IceQ's
    Hi japamd,

I am running a 7950 CF setup with 3 screens in Eyefinity 6048x1080.

When I launch L4D2 or FIFA 12, I experience strange issues with DVC, it locks itself to 30 FPS. If I switch to DFC and set frame cap at 60, the FPS increases to 60. I can then go back to DVC and it remains at 60.

Thanks for the great app otherwise though, solved many headaches!
    Chris.

11. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Hi japamd,

my feedback:

Your improvements and work on RP are incredible.

My games run much smoother with various nice tweaks of RP, yet I'm having 1 problem:
    Explorer.exe always kills itself and tries to restart. Extremely annoying since it does that even when I'm not in a game, when RP's running! Also it throws you out of the game to desktop to display the message, otherwise I'd simply ignore it.

Edit: I forgot to mention that all of RP's settings are applied correctly. Just the Explorer restarts :)

12. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Nice, i love the "TB didnt initialize message", this was one of the reasons i liked the redermode overlay, now i dont need it..

awesome...

13. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Yes, at some time I could add some more eye candy such as transparency effects and maybe some animations as well, just can't tell ya when :)

Enter for the team of nice guys who donated more than once, the record is thrice :p

Thanks.

So you think you're gonna get rid of Windows so soon? I don't think so :p

So DFC is killing performance, that's what you're seeing? Can you make some more tests with other games?

Did you set DVC at profile scope or global level?

I have L4D2 here, will do some tests later, thanks for reporting it.

Thanks. Check if you have some extensions attached to Explorer, one of them might be conflicting with RP hooking causing Explorer to crash.

[​IMG]

14. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Just to let you guys up to date with future developments of RP, I took some hours today and got the hooking engine to work on 64-bit apps. Still have a lot of work to do before releasing it, though.

Here's 2 screenshots showing the OSD running on a 64-bit app (DirectX SDK sample), with SMAA applied to one of them.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Crysis Warhead 64-bit with SMAA

[​IMG]

More Crysis Warhead

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  15. d0mr4f

d0mr4f Guest

GPU:
    Club 3D 5870
    Hi all,

i have a few problems with the Radeon Pro tool. If RP is running i can not start BF3. If RP is off BF3 starts without problems.

If you deactivate the monitoring mode bf3 starts, but no feature like DVC is working.

Another problem is that RP find not all Steam games.

TF2 or CCS does not start when specifying the hl.exe as tigger.

16. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Woa! That's impressive.

17. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    3 x $1 donations coming your way ;)

18. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Delete DXGI.dll/D3D9.dll from game directory, if any of them are there. If you don't have any of them on game directory, activate Debug log at program options and try to play BF3 again. RP will create a debug log you can post here so I can see what's going on;

:)

ahahahahaaha, ok :)

19. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    If ya gonna donate bro, send $20 his way and make it worth while. :banana:

And Japamd, if I may, can you please update the main page of this thread with "latest builds". So many pages it gets a but frustrating to find.

And gratz on getting SMAA x64 working.

20. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    latest builds have been on the 1st page for weeks, look at the bottom of the OP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.