RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    Yeah maybe, but with api monitoring off it works and that's ok as I don't force other tweaks ;)

2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Ok so i have too set the res in the game.ini? Tried in SP but didn't worked i gues that was the problem?

3. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    Yes but SP should also work, I just tested it ;) . Go to my documents and then into the BFBC2 folder. There you open the settings.ini and set the resolution you want. Then you have to right click the settings.ini and set it to read-only.

4. gbooster

gbooster Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac 1080gtx
    Just wanted to follow up, that did the trick of getting a profile to run. Thanks :)

However, it seems I can't force AA in Rift, with or without RP, and that is a shame because the in game AA is really bad.

5. Andypandy1991

Andypandy1991 Master Guru

GPU:
    3 x gtx 580's PNY
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  6. Murderonomist

Murderonomist Guest

GPU:
    X-Weasel 2870.5 Graphica
    Is there any way to force RadeonPro to enable the advanced features (MLAA, etc) after I already said no once? I know there's that registry string to reenable the driver check that looks to see if the features can possibly be enabled, but I've reset that string and the program still doesn't ask me if I want to enable the extra features.

7. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Awesome but can you use this for DX9 games like Dead Space 1 and 2?

8. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    i have FPS being shown in BFBC2 and i was never kicked :3eyes:. Maybe server its not PB protected but :$.

9. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    Never happened to me and I'm a BFBC2 hardcore player :D

I use PB servers all the time.

10. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Thanks. Please check if you can force AA using CCC, if you can't then you may try to force an Anti-Aliasing profile, or if you have an HD 5000 or 6000 card you can try MLAA.

Keep left Ctrl key pressed and start RP, if additional features can be enabled it will ask you again.

I tried it too and PB didn't kicked me, but I've been told that PB doesn't like RP OSD code.

XibaD, do you have OSD enabled while playing on PB servers?

11. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    Yep. I have it enabled all the time because I love RP's api watermark. I don't want to be fooled by game programmers :D

BTW I told you a couple of days ago about high font issue with this program. I have recently purchased a full HD monitor and I have to set fonts this way because if I don't I can't read a single letter (I'm getting old you know :D). And you were right, I googled a little and it seems that it has something to do with .NET 3 apps. But I can confirm that with "scaled fonts compatibility" mode enabled (with aero), crashes all the time. When classic mode or non aero skin is selected, crashes the same from up 125% font scale.

And another issue I found testing games in full HD :D : RP doesn't seem to do the force vsync w tripple buffer trick yet. I tried Crysis Warhead in DX10 and a major drop in frames was noticed when forcing vsync w tb in radeonpro. If I do it with D3DOverrider, FPS don't drop so much because it enables TB (about 10-15 fps difference, in Full HD is noticeable). And I won't tell you about STALKERs DX10/11 again :banana:

12. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    FPS shouldnt drop (at least the number you see in FPS meter) or im wrong? with TB+VSYNC, maybe they can drop when TB its enabled bcs of using more memory. :S

And yeah, 80 hours played in PB server and 20h in randoms (always same server xP) and never got kicked by PB.

13. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    TB explanation, in our native language :D

TB increases FPS when Vsync is enabled. Also increases memory consumption, but it's not really a problem with 1Gb VRAM.

14. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    I always thought that it would only show 30fps in your monitor, but if you measure FPS in OSD, you will get "real" FPS i think (?).

I mean, when i activate vsync i still see 45fps, 50fps and such... but my idea is that without TB it will only show 30fps even when more are rendered. So theorically you cant measure TB performance gainings...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  15. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    I cannot get any OSD features to work in Dirt 2. Is it because it is DX11.

16. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    they do work here

17. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    Ok, I will post screenshots. Really, I'm a gamer since..... since Franco was in spanish goverment (LoL) and I can notice when a game gets lower or higher FPS. And as I said before, in Full HD you can notice the difference in going from 25 fps to 40 fps, because performance is more limited.

I will post proof when I recieve my new monitor :)

18. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Well not for me. Work in everything else, any ideas.

19. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Nah i believe you, if you feel it, then its okay, i thought you were benchmarking those FPS.

THEBIG360, try remaking dirt2 profile... nothing i can think o_O, and disable FPS counter transparency (it shud be disabled auto :S)

20. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Trying now.

Edit.
    Nope still not working, like i say only games the doesn't.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.