RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    @japamd

Did you ever relook at the half VSYNC style or the FPS cap mentioned earlier ? Testing here the latest or well what ever I found on your WWW no change.
    Only thing I could find currently for ames like 'Crysis' was some 'JAVA' build crap which half works (30fps cap means it's trying to restict 5 FPS, lol, like the screen would lie to the hook).

also I was wondering would an 'extra features' section be in order. I mean just to clarify what isn't standard functionality over driver. Just would in 'new user' level give an
    oversight what are the none standard features they can use instead of dropping them all on 1 page like CCC.

-edit-

before I forget the idea of an utilizing the CPU more than GPU to provide cleaner end result for CAP(high) or half VSYNC(low) would be REALLY
    welcome soon as March because people will get their new hardware and bad card editions and they will still have readyy much too high processing CPU
    which could do 10 fold the job we see currently. So, to utilize this feature would be pretty impressive improvement to whole idea how much can be
    processed with current hardware. Top of 1 hardware is never the end.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  2. KommunistDK

KommunistDK Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD 5850
    Anyone got an idea abuot the border issue me and Jakshi suffer in the STALKER games, when forcing adaptive AA?

3. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    @Plug2k: I guess I already wrote about RP not meant to be a CCC replacement :p

@KommunistDK: the border you're seeing it's a driver thing, not RP's fault.

@TwL: nope, I didn't did anything regarding FPS cap yet, I'm very busy at work and didn't had time to code RadeonPro lately... :(

4. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    A few games cannot be detected fast enough to change forced settings like vsync and triple-buffering, maybe CoH is one of those. I don't have the game to test it, maybe someone else can do it to see if it's possible to force vsync on that game.

5. TheWhateverDude

TheWhateverDude Member

GPU:
    HD5870 1GB@Stock1080p60Hz
    @japamd
    In RP settings when clicking save i'm getting "The specified folder does not exist" and settings are not saved. I just installed win7 sp1 x64 (ultim), not sure if it is related.

Also, any news on the high DPI fix?

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  6. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Check the folders set at Screenshot save folder and benchmarks folder, they must exist.

About High DPI, there's no fix for it yet.

7. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Anybody created a successful cfx profile for bullet storm yet. It runs nice and smooth with the odd stutter every now and again.

However when I check the gpu usage they both peak at 45%.

8. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Bulletstorm is working fine here with Catalyst 11.2, no need to change profiles or anything. I can see both GPU being used in full at CFX bar and MSI afterburner monitor almost all the time (I'm running with vsync off and fps smoothing off as well)

You may be seeing 45% gpu usage due to FPS lock at 62 FPS or vsync, it's normal if that's the case. I also can feel some stuttering, but they are mostly at begining of maps during loadings that occur at background (streaming).

9. TheWhateverDude

TheWhateverDude Member

GPU:
    HD5870 1GB@Stock1080p60Hz
    Yeah, I had deleted the screenshots folder since it was empty. Created it again and RP works fine again, thanks!

10. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Yeh I here you, although I do love to tinker about with this wonderful app.

11. Blackice010

Blackice010 Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 4870 512 MB
    AA not working

Ive been using RadeonPro without any problems with my earlier drivers (10.11 or something).
    Now i updated to 11.2 and CCC2 and i couldnt start RadeonPro anymore. It was all jammed up or something. I presumed it was because of an old skin or something.
    I deleted the program and reinstalled. Now i got an error at startup and was unable to add profiles (button didnt do anything), all my existing profiles were gone as well (i explicitly told the uninstaller to keep these), also i couldnt exit the program through normal means.
    I deleted RadeonPro again and this time told the uninstaller to delete all data. It didnt start at first, the process RadeonProSupport started but nothing happened. I shut this process down and tried again. Now its working with the default skin and all looks good.
    But whatever i do, i cant get AA to work. I tried almost all settings to no avail.
    I tested on DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue and Bulletstorm, on which AA worked before i updated my drivers. Even when i do not use profiles and set AA at CCC2 it will still not work and i am without AA. I also restarted the PC several times. The FPS counter is working. I do not know if any other settings such as anisotropic filtering are working.
    I am using Win7 64 bit with an ATI HD4870 512mb and ATI drivers 11.2 with CCC2.

I could use some help here.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  12. damafan

damafan Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Lightning III
    please add Rift support for radeonpro, thanks!

13. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    I have discovered that RadeonPro "works" with 125% increase DPI font settings, although the font size is mixed and weirdly displayed. In 150% setting or custom setting, RP crashes and runs in scaled mode.

Is there any way to make RP compatible with UI font DPI changes?

Windows 7 64-bit here.

14. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Gaming OC
    I have strange problem with RP, my profiles is not working, RadeonPRO is in background (+support service of course) but nothing changes... Win7 x64 SP1, 11.2 drivers.

15. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Hmm, sorry but what do you mean by add Rift support for RP?

It seems to be a .NET issue, the program shouldn't crash with different font sizes as the program doesn't deal directly with anything related.

Can you see the OSD items? Did you updated drivers while RP was running and didn't restarted the system yet?

16. damafan

damafan Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Lightning III
    please add support for the MMO game RIFT. it doesnt show the fps nor crossfire bar setting in the game. in fact i dont even know if radeonpro settings work at all in the game.

17. gbooster

gbooster Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac 1080gtx
    Hey, I love RP. It has made all my gaming so much better. Well done!

edit: the issue was a problem on my end.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  18. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Please check if RIFT isn't a 64-bit app. RP doesn't support 64-bit applications yet.

Thanks! What was your issue?

19. Andypandy1991

Andypandy1991 Master Guru

GPU:
    3 x gtx 580's PNY
    @japamd
    Is there a way the outshining can be fixed in the crysis 2 demo when forcing AFR?

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    Whats best crossfire settings for GTA4. ?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.