RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrSean490

MrSean490 Guest

GPU:
    ref. Sapphire 6950 2GB
    Great, thanks!

Installed no problems, wish I would've found this before I spent a day installing ATI Tray Tools.

2. Joskiluv

Joskiluv New Member

GPU:
    SapphireHD3850 AGP 512MB
    I Uninstalled RadeonPro, then reinstalled it and still get the same error message. I even uninstalled all of the Net Frameworks and reinstalled those, but it didnt help the situation either. I hope someone can figure out how to fix this.:(

3. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    its appprofiles.dll present in radeonpro folder? xP (in case of yes, exact size?)

and registered and such? (there is a command to register dll's)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  4. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Did you tried running RP as administrator?

No need to register, only COM DLLs need to be registered ;)

5. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    The first 4 tick boxes on the Advanced tab. Are they better quality on or off. I always seem to untick them because I have always thought it would look better.

What is 'Enable Surface Format Optimization'?

6. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    If you do prefer vsync leave the first control (OpenGL triple-buffering) ticked. Leave the last 3 unticked for better IQ.

Enabling Surface Format Optimization tells the driver to replace some FP16 surfaces to use FP11 instead for better performance without apparent loss of quality.

7. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    That was funny... I was playing with video spoofing and set GTX 480 as device for Tomb Raider Underworld profile, started the game and set 16xQAA

[​IMG]

Funny thing is that Lara's face turned green

[​IMG]

Besides that funny stuff, it seems that forcing a NV device id allows for specific AA modes only selectable on NV cards (aka CSAA) to be usable on HD 6900 series.

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    haha :D good stuff

9. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Lol
    No wonder why it's a TWIMTBP game. Hahaha

10. Joskiluv

Joskiluv New Member

GPU:
    SapphireHD3850 AGP 512MB
    Yes, I did try running it as admin and no difference. However, I installed RadeonPro v1.0.9.5 and it ran with no problems. I would like to work backwards from the latest build, until I find the point where the dll errors start to happen. Maybe then you can figure out whats wrong . How can I download all the versions from v1.0.9.5 through current? I hope you can help me, I saw on this thread someone else has the same problem as I, so at least I'm not alone in that respect. Thank you for this program, I am looking forward to using it.:thumbup:

11. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    you can by putting link in download

http://www.radeonpro.info/Download/1.1.0.5/RadeonPro_RC1.exe

Instead of 1.1.0.5 put your desired version

put the version there.

To check which versions existed here:
    http://www.radeonpro.info/Changelog.aspx

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  12. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    :D

That's what I thought! :p

Try to update DirectX runtime: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

13. Joskiluv

Joskiluv New Member

GPU:
    SapphireHD3850 AGP 512MB
    I have the latest DirectX. Again 1.0.9.5 works, the very next release 1.0.10.0 is where the problems start. I am getting 2 errors with versions 1.0.10.0 through 1.0.10.4.

The first error is: RadeonPro.exe - Entry Point Not Found : The procedure entry point SHQueryUserNotificationState could not be located in the dynamic link library SHELL32.dll

The second error is: Can't load AppProfiles.dll : at RadeonPro.NativeMethods.LoadDLL(String install Path, Int32 pid) at .]()

From 1.0.11.0 through current, I get only 1 error:
    Can't load AppProfiles.dll : at RadeonPro.NativeMethods.LoadDLL(String install Path, Int32 pid) at .]()

Anyway the problems appear from 1.0.10.0 through current. I don't know how hard it would be for you to figure out what is wrong. If you can get it fixed, it would be greatly appreciated. I would definitly send a donation if you could fix it so I can use it.

Thanks for your effort.

14. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Joskiluv, did you tried to run the dx web installer? Even if DX is updated, maybe something is missing causing the DLL to fail at load.

If you take a look at the changelog of build 1.0.10.0, you'll notice this:

- New: current API in use is displayed on screen at game startup (can be disabled in Settings)

That new feature uses some DX9 DLL's that may be missing from your system, if that's the case the DX web installer will take care of it. If you didn't tried it yet, please give it a shot.

15. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    @ Japamd - I have a new issue that maybe you can advise if it is possible to fix in RP:

I installed Mafia (first one) and have everything working except 2 things:

a) Profile has been created but CFX bar does not show up but FPS counter does. Not a bid deal but FYI
    b) There is immense shimmering of certain textures (shadows or related) and I found out it is an ATI issue.

I tried to force AA, HQ mipmaps, vsync on but it does not resolve this.

But there is a fixed listed here:

http://www.mastiland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200913&page=1

This program can fix it among other things. Can you incorporate the FIX into RP so if it detects game.exe (mafia), then it can advise to enable this fix? Apparently, this cannot be fixed at the driver level anymore since there is no "Alternate Pixel Center" option in CCC anymore with 11.1a hotfix drivers as per this old thread at the bottom:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=51567

Can this be done or would it be a separate driver hack that TwL could work on?

Edit -- I found out the problem. It was RP. If I close RP or disable API monitoring, there is no texture shimmering but I lose the FPS counter. However, forcing the AA and AF settings in CCC works with no issues. I think there is a conflict with the CFX bar not showing up and texture shimmering, but would like to have the FPS counter at least.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011

16. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I wonder if we can compile a list of TWIWMTBP games and spoof ID's database to enable AA and certain features / fixes? That would be cool for ATI guys.

One example is to spoof real AA for Dead Space 1 and 2. Would be great to have this option over MLAA for us oldschool Voodoo era RGSSAA lovers.

Here is a list of all the AA fixes from the green team to get started on :

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=336854

:D

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  17. Joskiluv

Joskiluv New Member

GPU:
    SapphireHD3850 AGP 512MB
    I used the directx websetup and it says everything is updated. I may need to clarify something. When I install the program and run it, the Lets Get Started! window does come up. I check the "Skip the Getting Started Wizard and don't bother me anymore" box and another window pops up saying "Quit the Get Started Wizard". I click on ok, then the error(s) happen. If I go through all the screens in the Lets Get Started! window and click "finish", the error(s) come up afterwards. The program itself never gets to load.

18. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    @Valken: I have Mafia but it's not installed, I'll download it from Steam and see what's happening.

About the AA thing, I guess that just spoofing the device id shouldn't be enough for most games, but could work for a few (for example: Batman AA) but those are exceptions.

@Joskiluv: thanks for testing it throughly. The DLL failing to load is loaded right after the wizard. The reasons that can cause it to fail are those below:

1. Lack of user permissions
    2. Missing external dependencies (DX runtime libraries or MS Visual C++ runtime).

So my last shot is MS Visual C++ runtime, RP needs MSVC 2008 runtime libraries, you can try it: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2

19. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Is it possible to disable CrossfireX for a Direct3D11 game via profile? I tried the CrossfireX setting on disabled as well as the Force Single GPU FSAA compatibility profile for The Lord of the Rings Online DirectX11 but it didn't work.
    LOTRO has a bug where it performs really bad in DirectX11 mode with a SLI or CrossfireX setup, so I was hoping I could somehow force it to use only one GPU (or use some kind of different CrossfireX compatibility profile if possible).
    I'm using the official Catalyst 11.1a Hotfix, by the way.

20. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    @Cave Waverider: the profile you choose should suffice, but for some reason it is not being applied. Can you check if other games (that doesn't use a launcher) can be forced to use that profile?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.