RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Heh, it's alright, I usually play with SSAA enabled. So I seriously doubt I'd notice any difference with 4xSSAA vs 4xSSEQAA.

Also, the HD5 series has unofficially had MLAA since the 10.10's, and officially since the 10.10e's. Kinda weird though that before the 11.1a's, the 10.10e's were the only drivers out that allowed it. Everything in between 10.10 and 11.1a needed a registry edit to get it working.

2. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    tried putting that sin.exe game which its launched via a bat file with "Custom launcher"?

3. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Ok.

CFAA is not equivalent to CSAA, whereas EQAA is identical do CSAA. As you already noticed, CFAA tends to blur the image too much while removing edges, although some games looks very good using CFAA instead of regular MSAA. EQAA in other hand uses coverages samples stored into ROPs to further enhance image quality with a minimum performance hit and low memory footprint, exactly like NVIDIA CSAA does. I guess AMD should use higher numbers like NVIDIA does instead of just append EQ after the regular MSAA sample count, it works wonders for marketing purposes, 32xCSAA sounds better than 8xEQAA, you know :nerd:

I don't know about SSAA+EQAA, but they may work the same way.

About Sin and its addon, if you're going to use 2 executables you just need to set the profiles's executables (game and addon), one for each profile, and for the addon profile (sinwos.exe), set startup parameters to +set game 2015, that should do the trick.

@Black_Ice_Spain: you may already noticed that latest preview installer has a few new string entries to translate, they are string from Backup/Restore window that I forgot to include. If you can translate those entries, please do it and send the revised translation so I can put your work into the final installer. :)

4. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Yeah. Hopefully future drivers will all support it without any registry hacking. Of course, RadeonPro can force it via profiles nonetheless, even if CCC isn't showing the setting.

5. Black_ice_Spain

GPU:
    5700XT
    Will do this afternoon-night. Im at my pseudo-work (practise) now and i've a non-very-important (aka subject alrdy passed) exam this afternoon.

6. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Does anybody have step-by-step instructions on how to do the translations (without using the wizard)? I'd eventually like to help with translation into two languages.

7. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Ok, no need to rush and good luck at your exam :)

Do you mean without the translation helper? Although you can do it using the lang.xml file created by the program into RadeonPro data folder (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\RadeonPro) it would be tiring as there are several strings duplicated (used in different parts of program). Using the helper will reduce work while dealing with duplicated strings and can help by using online translator (Bing translator).

Here is a brief tutorial on how to translate the strings using the translator helper.

Click the globe icon to open the translator helper
    [​IMG]

Translator helper window
    [​IMG]

Translator helper sections
    [​IMG]

You can type the translated texts or press F5 to translate the english text into the target language (in this tutorial I'm using Japanese as target)
    [​IMG]

"Backup" translated by Bing into Japanese
    [​IMG]

Duplicated strings
    [​IMG]

Double-click the one of the items, type the translation and press Enter
    [​IMG]

The duplicated entries get translated as well
    [​IMG]

The program strings can be translated and can be seen directly on program window, just translate the text(s)
    [​IMG]

And press Apply
    [​IMG]

The translation will be reflected on program window
    [​IMG]

The translator helper window and program window can be switched back and forth.

Next build will allow for automated translation file submission, right now you'll need to send me the file lang.xml so I can convert it into a redistributable language file.

8. Black_ice_Spain

GPU:
    5700XT
    you have to add two entries to the .xml if you didnt use the first-use wizard i think. I couldnt find a way to enable it manually via GUI when i made tests.
    At least 2 days ago.

Concretly in config.xml
    <var id="TranslateMode" value="1" />
    <var id="TranslateTo" value="es-es|Español" />
    <-- in es-es|español put your language, but idk those strings :$.

otherwise the translation wizard icon wont show

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  9. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    I have tried the preview version, It looks great. Thanks japanmd

But, is it possible to enable MLAA in this version with Catalyst 11.1a? It seems that the option is grayed out.

And by the way, great translation to spanish Black_ice_Spain.

EDIT

A clean driver reinstallation has solved the issue.

10. Black_ice_Spain

GPU:
    5700XT
    ty, was my way to donate to RP since japamd made many of my wishes reality xP.

if u see any errors, text going outside of GUI, suggestions for other way to translate things etc, PM me (or translate it yourself when translation utility can pack&upload :p)

Alrdy changed that "Terminar" on taskbar menu for "Cerrar RadeonPro" xP.

11. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    The Getting started wizard can be displayed at startup by keeping pressed CTRL key until the program starts.

The preview lacks the option to enable translation mode but it will be available on official release.

12. Black_ice_Spain

GPU:
    5700XT
    oh thats it i made a clean install (aka removed roaming/Radeonpro) folder and it didnt start like the first time i ran the preview. Didnt notice its on win registry :p.

Thanks for the info on ctrl, i think you said it before too, but i forgot it :p.

And ye supossed so xP, altho wizard seems to dont get translated for now.

13. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Thanks for the guide, Mr. John.

I had an error when clicking on the translation globe, but the error went away after I restarted RadeonPro.

It would be nice if the Slovenian language could be added so I could translate that as well.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  14. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

japamd where can i find the translator for radeonpro? if you like i can help you to translate it to italian.

EDIT:

found :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2011
  15. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Updates

01/31/2011 - New build 1.1.0.0 (skins are temporarily unavailable but will be restored soon)

- Fixed: Portuguese translation
    - Fixed: crash when GLDirect (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gldirect/) is used and API monitoring is active
    - Fixed: GPU detection fails when old drivers traces are found on registry causing D3D tweaks and/or CrossfireX to not work properly
    - Fixed: Compatibility profiles (AA/CFX) don't work with Catalyst 11.1a and HD 6900 series cards
    - Fixed: program window position is moved outside the screen bounds when it is currently minimized and the tray icon is double-clicked, causing the window move to an unusable position until next program restart
    - Fixed: API monitoring gets enabled even when a game doesn't have a profile and "Disable API monitoring for programs not listed in my profiles list" option is enabled on Settings
    - Changed: removed CFAA Narrow/Wide-tent filters when a HD 6000 series card is detected
    - Changed: removed TAA controls (not supported anymore by drivers)
    - New: Profiles list enhancement with grouping by Recently added, Favorites and Recently played
    - New: profiles purging (for removing deleted/uninstalled games)
    - New: profile search/filter
    - New: translation tool
    - New: Getting start wizard for RadeonPro newcomers
    - New: EQAA support for HD 6900 series
    - New: Integration with online user's guide. Context-sensitive help for the area where the mouse pointer is resting is displayed by pressing F1 key
    - New: initial Spanish translation (thanks to Florentino Sainz, aka Black_ice_Spain)

The translation tool cannot upload translations yet, if you translated the program texts to another language, please e-mail me at japamd @ gmail.com or send a PM. Thanks!

The wizard is translated when the language file is compiled, please download the public 1.1.0.0 build and see if it's ok now.

You're welcome :)

I've changed the name of file from lang.xml to lang-LANGUAGE_CODE.xml, please install the public 1.1.0.0 build and run it, the file will be renamed to reflect the change. That way you can work on more than one language at once, you just need to change the target language in settings/advanced.

Slovenian has been added to the list ;)

Nice! Out of curiosity, Italy is the 3rd country in number of visits to RP web site :)

16. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    Thanks Jap!
    Just updated it, but, it will crash at start with the "RadeonPro Has Stopped Working" error.

That's the event log.

17. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Oops, my bad, uploaded the wrong file (1.0.11.3), the new build is 1.1.0.0

Just fixed it, please download the installer again.

18. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    Sure thing!
    Thanks a lot Jap!

Coolest Dev on the Internet!!!!!

Edit:

Loving the new Icon!
    The new arrangement of profiles is awesome!
    Love the Purge button!

Just awesome stuff! Thanks a lot!

19. Black_ice_Spain

GPU:
    5700XT
    yup, downloaded it and its fine (in translation i mean, other parts r awesome :p).

Altho im not able to see translated text on backup/restore window and in driver compatibility window (that thing to use older driver dlls), they are easy to understand and not the most used so nc xP. I tried with a clean install (except registry keys).

And sumthing i didnt notice before, the "Profile" word at the right of Global (its a button, strange one, it only shows a button when clicked) wont get translated.

Its perfectly usable anyways, just leave it or maybe 4 next version.

20. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Yeah, I'm glad you like it my friend :)

Cool xD

I just checked backup/restore and driver compat. window and there is some code missing indeed, I'll fix it with a bug fix release. I'm just waiting for other new bugs to appear :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.