RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I've noticed something the last couple of time I've turned my PC on and that is that RadeonPro is not starting with Windows despite the fact that I keep checking the option to Start with Windows under Settings. I've checked with Start Manager and RP is showing in the list of tasks to boot so why doesn't the setting keep anymore? This is the first time I've come across this issue; the option worked perfectly with all the previous versions.

*EDIT*
    I've just rebooted and, sure enough, RadeonPro again failed to load with Windows. I've checked the Config.xml file in the hidden AppData\RadeonPro folder and the Autostart variable is set to 1. RadeonPro is also showing as it should under the tasks list of Start Manager. The Start with Windows option is even checked under Settings too. So why isn't RP loading with Windows anymore?

Am I the only one with this issue or doesn't anyone else turn their PCs off when they're not using it?

*EDIT 2*
    Odd... seems that RadeonPro and its assocaited service are loaded according to Task Manager but no icon is showing under the system tray as it normally does nor is in the hidden section either. Will try another reboot.

*EDIT 3*
    OK so RP is booting with Windows but I've lost the icon completely in the system tray so I have to means of accessing it quickly unless I open it through the shortcut under Start > Programs. Annoying.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  2. signas_86

signas_86 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 SLI Watercooled
    hi japamd

i just installed fresh 10.10c w/out CCC with latest RP but the MLAA option is still grey...

do i need to install CCC to enable it?

3. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\RadeonPro\RadeonPro.exe" is not adding itself into Windows autorun registry for you?
    You can safely make a shortcut in Start - All Programs - Startup until it gets fixed.
    Use msconfig or even better sysinternals autoruns to check next time ;)

Just checked here since I had it disabled.
    RP 1.0.10.4 adds fine under HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

After reboot it shows fine in the tray as well.

Try disabling SSDP Discovery Service and Universal Plug and Play Device Host, might be the same issue that existed with XP.
    If you need UDNP, you can try setting them to automatic instead.
    It could be that the timings are wrong upon load as well, since you get the tray when you run it from the star menu manually.
    I think Startup is loaded later than the CurrentVersion Run values, so you can try to disable start with windows option in RP and make a shortcut in startup instead.

4. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    I assume the RadeonPro icon doesn't show up in the window

Have yo tried a clean reinstall of RadeonPro (backup your profiles, uninstall RadeonPro, click No on uninstall (although it may be a good idea to save MyDrivers.xml in AppData\Roaming\RadeonPro first so you won't have to set the compatibility drivers list again)? This happened to me once or twice after I got a Blue screen with version 1.0.10.3, and a clean reinstall of RadeonPro fixed it.

Also, you could try to delete the icon cache of Windows. Maybe the icon in the cache is corrupted.

Also, Windows 7 has a nack of startup programs not loading at times, no matter if they're in the Run registry setting or one of the startup folders. But since you said that both the RadeonPro.exe and the support service are actually being loaded, that doesn't appear to be the case here.

5. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I'll do some tests and let you know if something is broken.

Are you using an Administrator account?

Post your driver caps bits. Click on ATI Radeon logo on bottom of window to get the caps.

6. Plug2k

Plug2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    LOL japamd mate i still cant find those caps, some help.

7. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Ooops, I though I already answered to you. Click at ATI Radeon Logo on bottom of window to see your graphics hardware information, right click the Driver caps and post the string here.

8. xpeedx

xpeedx Member

GPU:
    ATi HD 6870
    Same problem,
    Driver Caps: 0010101101101

9. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    Hm, you've got a 6870, though. Shouldn't the 10.10c drivers automatically enable these features on 6xxx cards?

10. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper
    Got it sorted, usualy when doing a fresh install of windows one of the first things I do is customize the start menu and disable "recent programs and item"

Nothing wrong with the app... :)

11. Plug2k

Plug2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    Thanks, is this info any good to ya ?

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series
    Catalyst Driver: 10.10 (8.782.1-101020a-106976E)
    Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series
    Chip Identifier: ATI display adapter (0x689C)
    DAC Type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Memory Size: 1024 MB
    Registry Location: System\ControlSet001\Control\Video\{EF5DD9B4-C706-46D6-90BE-CD3E8D3E8ED6}\0000
    Driver Caps: 1010111111111
    Main Device: \\.\DISPLAY1
    Total GPU count: 3
    Installed Drivers: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
    PNP Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_689C&SUBSYS_C000174B&REV_00\6&36FEF57D&0&00200018

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Yes, I am. Since I installed Vista x64 two years ago I've been using the hidden administrator account since I'm the only one using the PC. I've had no problems using it with any other program though, including RadeonPro until this new build.

I've changed RP in Startup Manager to load via the Start > Startup menu so I'll see how that goes.

*EDIT*

Yes that works.

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    Did it's startup entry exist in the registry?
    Look under: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Think that would be nice for John to know, so he might get an idea about the conflict that happens with it.

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    @Mineria - Yes, RP was showing in the registry correctly but, for some reason, was just not showing the system tray icon even though both it and the service were showing as running according to Task Manager.

I've got it working for now so I'll just keep my eye on it.

15. =GGC=Phantomblu

=GGC=Phantomblu Active Member

GPU:
    2 x XR 5700XT SE 8G
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
    Catalyst Driver: 10.10 (8.782-100930m-106233C-ATI)
    Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
    Chip Identifier: ATI display adapter (0x9460)
    DAC Type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Memory Size: 1024 MB
    Registry Location: System\ControlSet001\Control\Video\{ECA7543E-EFB3-4ACA-AE2A-6D9614958760}\0000
    Driver Caps: 0100000000000
    Main Device: \\.\DISPLAY1
    Total GPU count: 2
    Installed Drivers: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
    PNP Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9460&SUBSYS_E115174B&REV_00\4&245E407C&0&0008

16. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    You need to create 3 keys, MLF_DEF, TFQ_DEF (REG_SZ, value=0 for all) and SurfaceFormatReplacements_DEF into Video key, under 0000\UMD, that should enable the checkboxes.

Cool, thanks for reporting back.

There's nothing wrong with your system, the options should be selectable...

You have a HD 4000 series card, new features are not supported yet.

17. signas_86

signas_86 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 SLI Watercooled
    problems solved with certain keys created...just the stealth mode is grey now..

18. Plug2k

Plug2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    Hi mate something is wrong then
    if i select crossfire settings then select, display crossfirex logo then start the game the correct ati crossfire logo shows up
    if i select crossfirexlogo then new amd logo and start the game up then a nvidia logo appears instead of the new amd logo.

very strange.

19. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    It's disabled for a good reason: it's not ready to use yet :nerd:

The new AMD logo takes place over the ATI CrossfireX logo, the NVIDIA logo should be visible only if an NVIDIA graphics card is identified as the main display adapter (the one connected to the primary output, and there's only 1 for the system). Seems that for some odd reason your GTX is being reported as primary adapter.

20. xpeedx

xpeedx Member

GPU:
    ATi HD 6870
    CCC/RP checkbox enabled.
    Thanks for the answer.:thumbup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.