RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Bug to report, the AMD/NVIDIA logo seems to be mixed up on my system
    im running 1x 5970 + 1x 8800GTS for physx HYBRID setup.

and when i start games up the NVIDIA logo shows instead of the AMD logo lol its like the program thinks my master card is the physx card and not my ati card

possible to fix ? the funny thing is even MSI after burner thinks the 8800GTS is my master card in its info box

see : lol

GPU1
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Display device : ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series on RV870 GPU
    Display driver : 8.14.10.0792, Catalyst 10.10
    On-board memory : 1024MB
    BIOS : 012.020.000.019
    GUID : VEN_1002&DEV_689C&SUBSYS_C000174B&REV_00&BUS_4&DEV_0&FN_0

GPU2
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Display driver : 8.14.10.0792
    BIOS : 012.020.000.014
    GUID : VEN_1002&DEV_689C&SUBSYS_C000174B&REV_00&BUS_5&DEV_0&FN_0

GPU3
    Display device : GeForce 8800 GTS on G80 GPU
    BIOS : 60.80.0d.00.03
    GUID : VEN_10DE&DEV_0193&SUBSYS_040F19F1&REV_A2&BUS_6&DEV_0&FN_0
    Multi-GPU role : master

lol

2. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    This version appears to work perfectly fine on both my systems.
    In fact, the display adapter resets and blue screens I had with 1.0.10.3 appear to have vanished with this latest 1.0.10.4 Preview 2 build as well (I've been playing SWG all morning without a BSOD, but that doesn't say anything, they could still appear. Hopefully not, though).
    On my 5970 desktop the new 10.10c features work great per profile as well.

Once again, Mr. John, you've outdone yourself with this latest build. And once more, thank you very much!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  3. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    :(

I'm adding a new option to graphics hardware information, that will help to identify why it's not working for you.

Thanks for your time and feedback, it's much appreciated.

I'll see if there's something I can do to make DX9 works as the newer APIs are.

The NV logo is showing all the time or only sometimes? Your main monitor is connected to your ATI card or NV card?

Mine is showing my NVIDIA card as master too, but my primary monitor is connected to the ATI card and I don't see the NV logo. I only see the NV logo if I set the main monitor to the one connected to the GTS 450 card.

Here's mine MSI info:

GPU1
    Display driver : 8.14.10.0792, Catalyst 10.10
    BIOS : 012.013.000.002
    GUID : VEN_1002&DEV_689C&SUBSYS_30201682&REV_00&BUS_4&DEV_0&FN_0

GPU2
    Display driver : 8.14.10.0792
    GUID : VEN_1002&DEV_689C&SUBSYS_30201682&REV_00&BUS_5&DEV_0&FN_0

GPU3
    Display device : GeForce GTS 450 on GF106 GPU
    Display driver : ForceWare 258.96
    BIOS : 70.06.13.00.52
    GUID : VEN_10DE&DEV_0DC4&SUBSYS_14523842&REV_A1&BUS_7&DEV_0&FN_0
    Multi-GPU role : master

Great news, thanks.

Let me finish this build and release it.

4. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    New build 1.0.10.4 is online for grabs :)

Updates

10/30/2010 - New build 1.0.10.4

- Fixed: working directory is now used when Play is selected from profiles list context menu
    - Fixed: screenshot function not working on some games (e.g. HAWX DX10, HAWX DX11, World of Warcraft DX11)
    - Fixed: character textures do not load in World of Warcraft when using DX11
    - Fixed: Global profile settings inherited by profiles don't get applied at game startup
    - New: RadeonPro automatically activate MLAA and new features presented by Catalyst 10.10a/10.10c when the driver is detected at program's startup time
    - New: Support for Morphological Filtering (MLAA) and other Catalyst 10.10a/c features (HD 5000/HD 6000 only)
    - New: AMD Radeon logo can be displayed on D3D games (single and multi GPU)
    - New: RadeonPro now watches for forced vsync option, if the profile enforces vsync always on and frame rate goes over the refresh rate, the program will give the user an option to try another API detection method the next time the profile is used
    - New: Graphics hardware information - click on ATI Radeon icon at bottom of program's window to view your graphics hardware data
    - Changed: Driver compatibility DLL files are always copied when selected
    - Enhanced: The New Profile Wizard now shows only relevant options depending on video card (no more SuperSampling settings on HD 4000 series cards, for example)
    -- Skins updates
    --- ATI Ruby (both)
    ---- Fixed: list drawing bugs

Full installer: http://www.radeonpro.info/Download/RadeonPro_RC1.exe

5. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    The Wizard has been updated, anyone noticed it? :p

Also, I need feedback on AMD logo, forced vsync on, driver compatibility and of course the new driver features (MLAA, etc.)

Next build will have (again) per profile control over FPS counter display, and will have the option to force AA off too.

Somebody asked for a force windowed mode, but unfortunately I couldn't get it to work properly, most games appear windowed but without title bar (thus can't be moved, etc.), making it useless.

6. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    I think I don't understand very well the new Vsync feature. What kind of feedback do you need?

For me MLAA works in StarCraft II with Radeonpro. First time the app is started, asks for the needed tweaks to be done in the registry (installed over cats 10.10c untouched).

So does the driver compatibility feature (at least, SWTFU1 can be started with forced AA with 10.5a compatibility).

7. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Thanks for the feedback. That's exactly what I did, just installed the untouched 10.10c and let RadeonPro activates the new features :)

The forced vsync on thing is about this

- New: RadeonPro now watches for forced vsync option, if the profile enforces vsync always on and frame rate goes over the refresh rate, the program will give the user an option to try another API detection method the next time the profile is used

(you can test it with Blur)

8. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    Yeah, I had read that, but... You mean forcing in the "basic" settings, driver mode or you mean forcing in "d3d tweaks" mode. Because the D3D tweaks issue with TB is still there... (at least for me...).

Anyway I didn't recieve any messages about trying another API detection method. Tried for example with Call of Pripyat. Forcing "always on" only in the basic settings. Nothing happens, vsync is off, framerate is as it should be with vsync off...

Maybe I misunderstood your requests...

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Installed the final build of v1.0.10.4... looks good so far... nice to have all of the skins working again, including the Ruby ones. Good work, japamd! Thanks.

Is there anyway you can add the functionality of the dated FPS_Limiter v0.2 to RadeonPro just to have everything in one neat, tidy package?

10. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I wouldn't say it's completely useless. There are some benefits of running in Windowed mode, like running games at the displays native resolution (as if it is full screen) and being able to run work stuff on top of it and such. Can be useful to keep an eye on the chat window in an MMORPG or whatnot while working.

11. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Just Uninstalled everything and installed latest RadeonPro. Everything is good now. Nothing grayed our and settings are saved.

I guess it's was not a good idea to install the new version on top of the old one.:)

12. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Nice jap! Thank you!!

Which option you said you added to the HW Info. Screen?
    Driver Caps? If so, it says

Driver Caps: 1010011111011

The options are still grayed out.

Thank you again!

13. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    I dunno if it is because of RadeonPro or the new Driver, but I am now able to force every AA option for STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl. It looks soo good right now and no aliasing + the complete mod...really awesome.

14. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    japamd, yeah mate my monitor is connected to my 5970 nothing is connected to the 8800GTS

very strange and if you say its working correctly for your setup then i guess im going to have to put up with the strangeness ? :( lol

15. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    You will only see the message after quiting the game and if the framerate goes over your refresh rate for a few seconds. If you force vsync on but the framerate never goes over, let's say, 60 FPS, it won't show any message.

Cool :)

I don't know how that tool works (internally), if I can figure it out maybe the feature can be integrated into future builds of RadeonPro.

Well, not completely useless but still not what one can expect for a windowed game, that would cause confusion for the average user. In order to make it work I will have to change the window class to make it look like a proper windowed application.

Cool, thanks.

Thanks. You need to create MLF and SurfaceFormatReplacements as Binary and set their values to 30 00. Create those entries inside 0000\UMD key. The next time you start RadeonPro the options should be selectable.

It's the driver :)

Post you driver caps bits and I'll see if RadeonPro is correctly identifying the primary device.

16. upurz2

upurz2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC Ed
    Does selecting MF override all other AA methods in game or through RP?

17. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    No, the game (or driver when supported) AA will be applied before MLAA.

18. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Works fine, altho i had to install manually after downloading. Updater would give error on startup.

PD: MLAA its limited to 5xxx and 6xxx cards bcs its not working with 4xxx or just cosmetic issue? (i know it only works fine like in 2-3 games xP).

19. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Caps bits ???

20. upurz2

upurz2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC Ed
    So if I have a profile with both AA set to something and MLAA enabled, the AA method will be set in the game as well as MLAA? In affect MLAA will be processing an already AA image? Sounds like a performance hit to do this 'double' processing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.