RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    If the driver still works with them I think it's better to keep, some people (myself not included though) may like them.

@FDisk: it seems that AA can be forced off regardless game settings, but it only works for some games.

I made it work on HAWX 2 benchmark, as you can see on screenshots below. One test was made with AA 8x set by game video options but forced off by RadeonPro, the other was made with AA off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RadeonPro is now taking screenshots from HAWX/HAWX 2 :banana:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  2. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    are you going to release it lol :D

3. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    Will the screenshot hotkey bug also be fixed (PrtScn, Pause, ScrLk aren't working).

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    That's nice... does that mean it will finally fix the black/corrupted screen glitch I've been getting with those skins? No-one else complained about it - did anyone even use those skins - but I'm curious, what caused the bug?

Great news about MLAA support too. Can't wait!

5. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Awesome!
    Forcing AA Off and turning MLAA On should be no problem, right?
    MLAA is not like the usual AA, it's just a post-process like a shader. If I'm not mistaken.

6. zeroeden

zeroeden Member

GPU:
    HD5850 / XFX Black ed.
    no you are not mistaken mlaa is indeed as you metion a post processing filter which seems to be applied once the image is sent to the frame buffer and is ready to be sent to the display it works by detecting hard contrast areas and blending colors together to smooth those transitions and should also work on dx10 and 11 soon enough

7. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Sure :nerd:

Bug? It's that way by design, it's not a bug.

Good question. After installed the 10.10a the list became black to me, not sure why.

In some games it's possible, but most games don't use traditional AA and can't be forced to use no AA.

MLAA is a post-processing filter implemented using ComputeShaders 5.0 :)

8. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    What do you think about this? (AMD logo overlay)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    To tell me what video card I have? :D But as an option why not.

10. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Ok, 100% useless, but it's cool, isn't it? :nerd:

Anyway it will be useful for some future features [​IMG]

11. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Yes, looks cool :)

12. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    I'd like to use PrtScn, ScrLk and Pause, just all keys, some other user here also wants to use that. I don't like using the function keys since I binded stuff to each one already in TF2.

13. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    i agree its cool but stop fiddling and get the goods out lol :p
    though would be cooler with the same logo but under it it said Crossfire for those with crossfire setups :p

14. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Right. But there is a bug anyway, since you can assign Print Screen and Scroll lock as a hotkey in RadeonPro, it just doesn't work.

I wish it would be possible to use any key and any key combination for hotkeys in RadeonPro (for example Print Screen for Screenshot, Shift+Scroll lock for the CrossfireX load indicator, Shift+Pause to toggle FPS, Alt+Pause to toggle FPS background opacity, etc.). I think in older versions of RadeonPro it was possible to assign all kinds of keys and key combinations.

I myself play many games where I have pretty much all keys on the keyboard assigned to various game functions, so allowing modifier keys as well as Print, Scroll and Pause keys would really be a plus and I'd actually use all the overlay and screenshot functions. Currently I usually have API monitoring turned off completely (except for testing purposes) because of the inflexibility of binding hotkeys for the various functions, but it's not my main use for RadeonPro anyway and I can use other programs to do these things instead. It would be nice if I could use these things in RP without hindrance, however, but it isn't of utmost importance to me.
    So I suggest to implement all the image quality and compatibility stuff first and make sure it's all running properly, and maybe have another look at the hotkeys some time in the future.

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    AMD logo (presumably to indicate CFX?) looks good, smaller and less intrusive than the standard icon, plus I hope you can toggle it to any of the corners as you can't with the driver one.

16. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    Well if he disabled PrtScn and such that should be a few seconds work to just remove some lines of code. Key combinations (Like Shift+PrtScn), i'd love that too, and also shouldn't be too hard to code :)

I just updated to the latest version and now it shows an fps counter even when I have the thing set to Hidden?

17. zeroeden

zeroeden Member

GPU:
    HD5850 / XFX Black ed.
    @FDisk

well as promised i tried recreating the problem in some dx9 games that i had at hand and so far the 30 fps or triple buffering problem does not seem to show on my end...

How i tested:

i first enabled mlaa started a game and made sure it was working and that fps were displaying correctly then i would go to radeonpro and enabled vsync and measured peroformance again... then i would finally open radeonpro again and force triple buffering and saw the expected performance increase that comes with it.
    Note: AA was alway set at aplication controlled setting

Games i tested:
    BFBC 2 DX9 mode
    Crysis demo DX9 mode
    SC2
    Serious sam HD

sorry i cant help you Fdisk it seems i was unable to reproduce the issue...
    on the bright side it seems i have found out that under some circumstances using ingame aa and mlaa results in almost perfect FSAA IQ:)

18. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Hmm, very strange, I guess I'll do a clean driver install later.

19. acroig

acroig Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti - 6GB VRAM
    It is my understanding that Tripple Buffering cannot work if MLAA is on.

20. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Just so you know you're not limited to function keys? Anyway, I understand that more versatility is always welcome.

Earlier builds used a keyboard hook which adds a little complexity and may be incompatible with some games and anti-cheating mechanisms, that's the main reason I replaced the key reading with a much more compatible way but somewhat limited at reading multiple keystrokes accurately.

Why so anxious? :p

When AMD releases a new style CrossfireX logo it will be used.

That's what is going to be done :)

At first appearance the logo will be always on, CrossfireX enabled or not, and its position will be locked. Future versions may change its behavior as well its location by using a hotkey to toggle logo position/visibility.

Well, I already explained why the code has been changed, I hope you understand.

About the counter always visible, please check if you have FRAPS running. If it's not running, please double check if it is hidden in Settings.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.