RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HaZe303

HaZe303 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Yeah thx cave waverider, very good tip.

Edit: Japamd, you are my hero. Now that the driver thing works with radeon pro, I can finally play Resident Evil 5 with dx10 enabled (10.5a driver) something I havent been able to do in ages with newer drivers, will test BC2 now if it helps there too. But absolutely great work! Thank you! Best tool ever for ATI owners. Soon we wont need amd´s crappy drivers (hope so), they should hire you japamd, you seem to be more capable than them? :D

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  2. KARpott

KARpott Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD5850
    Bugs i have found:
    - After autoupdate, the driver compatibility is still broken (openGL file not copied). Do I have to fully restart the system? A clean installation works, which is great!!!
    - The interface bugs I have stated are still not fixed (you probably know that ;) )
    - If you set a driver compatibility in a profile, then switch to Global (which has the Operating System default as driver compatibility) and back to the Profile, the driver compatibility is set to "Operating system default" as well. Exiting the programme and restarting it, on the other hand, does not affect this setting.

3. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    Thank you very much for this new version. The option to set the working directory is very cool, but it doesn't work for me.

4. JackM

JackM Guest

For the extraction of the driver files, there may be a simpler method that does not require to launch the driver installer: using 7-Zip. Open the installer downloaded from ATI/AMD with this utility and unarchive the file(s) located in $_OUTDIR\Packages\Drivers\Display subfolder(s).

5. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    Sure one can do that (and I do something imilar myself as well), but I didn't want to confuse people by having them install an extractor when they can let the .exe file extract itself. :)

6. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Starting at build 1.0.10.2 event sounds must be configured using the Windows Control Panel, look for Change System Sounds and for RadeonPro on list at bottom of screen.

Hmmm, so is it completely broken for you or only specific game(s)? Does that happens with games that have a profile defined or only with the ones that doesn't have a profile? The screenshot key crashes in every game on only DX9 or DX10/11 games?

I'll check why triggers are not copying the DLL, thanks for finding it out.

And thanks for the very detailed explanation of how to create driver set for Driver compatibility.

Can you compress all sets you've created using 7-zip? This will create a very size optimized file compared to other compression programs. I'll then send you an URL so you can upload it for me.

You're welcome :)

Please see Cave Waverider tip, you'll be able to add wherever driver you need.

Cool, I'm glad it's working for you.

Sorry, is it working or not? :p

The interface bug you've reported couldn't be reproduced.

I confirm the last bug, it'll be fixed in next build, thanks.

Sorry, it's only working if you start the game using the Jumplist shortcut. I'll fix it in next build.

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    the profiles are completely broken for some opengl games i have installed. medal of honor allied assault and return to castle wolfenstein
    the screenshot function is broken for all my games. as soon as i press the designated screenshot button the program crashes.
    cfx bar doesnt work either for all my games.

oh and the fps counter shows the wrong FPS values for COD2 somehow.
    see screenshot below. right side is fraps and the ingame fps. left is radeon pro
    [​IMG]

8. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    It does work, indeed! Thanks japanmd!

9. Cave Waverider

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    You're most welcome.

Yeah, I could do that.

By the way what if users would be able to point Radeonpro to the compressed .dl_ files (they are compressed really well) and when they click on Add/Update Driver Set in the Manage My Drivers Window, RadeonPro would expand them automatically if they are found and use the expanded ones? Of course, if there are already .dll versions of the files, it wouldn't expand it again. May be easier for the users like that. Not sure if it's feasible, however. But it could decrease the download size if you just had the .dl_ files in the archive to begin with. Or maybe not.

10. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    this profile-drivers thing looks really good, ima test with dirt2 and see what happens (10.9 giving like 5fps more than 10.10).

Btw one future option to add would be good to be "Add current installed driver set" (files are on SysWOW64 folder and system32 on 32bits i guess?). So we can add our driver without copying files manually and such. So if you ever drop support to RP and we dont have the update server "unexperienced" people can use it.

Anyways this looks promising.

11. KARpott

KARpott Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD5850
    Yeah, it works now! But at first I tried it with the auto updater, but after that update, it wouldn't work. With a clean installation, it works. I mentioned this because there might be something wrong in the auto update process???

Do you only refer to the string bug, or couldn't reproduce the bug where it deletes the directory field when setting a name for the driver set afterwards, either?
    I mean, these are definitely not any major bugs, especially the first bug wouldn't be worth fixing it at the moment, since it doesn't interfere with the real settings. The latter is just a bit irritating, but nothing serious, either ;)

12. Lacusmons

Lacusmons Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    The driver compability is a nice feature but i can't get it to work with Diablo II. When i have extracted the D3D, OGL och CFX DLLs (10.5a) and added them to the driver compability, i'm getting access violation error and the game will not start. The game will only run on the Catalyst 10,5a installed. I will try little later with Catalyst 10.3 and see if i'm getting the same error.

13. Cave Waverider

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    Do you already have one or more of the three .dll files in the directory (and likely read only)? If so, remove it and try again. Also make sure you have writing permissions to the directory the game is installed in.

14. damafan

damafan Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Lightning III
    hmm the latest version has a bug in WOW.. my char in wow cant seem to load (blank texture) it doesnt matter what setting i set for my wow profile. the only way to fix it is to disable radeonpro. it was working well in previous version though

15. =GGC=Phantomblu

=GGC=Phantomblu Active Member

GPU:
    2 x XR 5700XT SE 8G
    Radeonpro implement a more 'direct and powerful Atistream bee? You could increase speed 'execution radeonpro. Japamd I'll show you a site where you can tap into something interesting, who knows' http://www.cmsoft.com.br/. This is a website developer ATI.

16. Mejiarma

Mejiarma Member

GPU:
    2xATI HD6950 2Gb xFire
    Installed 1.0.10.3 'bout 1 hr ago... Crossfire bars showing a single bar for my 4-Way CXF... But outstanding, the single bar is moving in all sides (upper & lower) depending on load... Whatever you did was on the right track, just need to detect the other dual GPU card... Reverting back to the previous version shows two CXF bar just moving the bottom section (did it just to verify for if any prob on my end)... Mejiarma.

17. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Hmmm, I can see FPS counter is working which is really weird. Does the screenshots save directory exists? Did something in your system changed recently? DX runtime is updated?

About the counter, some Steam games (DX9 only) may show FPS in double, it's the way the steam OSD works when D3D9 Present is not used by the game engine.

The next build will have the fixed code so Play menu option will also use the work directory.

I'll send you the URL by PM, thanks!

About the compressed files, the download size will be almost the same if 7-zip is not used, if 7-zip is used the file size will be smaller if the uncompressed files are used. I'll leave the task to the user by now.

I'll leave it to the user to manage the driver sets by now, I'm not going to make life easier to this feature until I get more feedback about it's usefulness (or maybe system crashes reports)

Hmm, I see. Maybe a restart would fix it, I'm not sure.

For the driver set, you must set the name first, then the directory.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Sorry, unless I missed your point, I don't think ATI Stream can help gamers' life in any way...

Can you please post your MSI Afterburner system info? Just click the "I" icon on right side of the program's window and copy/paste the GPU data for all your 4 GPUs, as shown below:

GPU1
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Display device : ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series on RV870 GPU
    Display driver : 8.14.10.0784, Catalyst 10.10
    On-board memory : 1024MB
    BIOS : 012.013.000.002
    GUID : VEN_1002&DEV_689C&SUBSYS_30201682&REV_00&BUS_4&DEV_0&FN_0
    Multi-GPU role : master

GPU2
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Display device : ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series on RV870 GPU
    Display driver : 8.14.10.0784
    On-board memory : 1024MB
    BIOS : 012.013.000.002
    GUID : VEN_1002&DEV_689C&SUBSYS_30201682&REV_00&BUS_5&DEV_0&FN_0
    Multi-GPU role : synchronized with master

18. Lacusmons

Lacusmons Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    I have full permisssion to the directory i have put the DLLs and i have put in a directory called "compability\10.5a" in the radeonpro directory. RadeonPro copies the D3D driver to the directory without a problem. The game uses 2 different .EXE files. diabloII.exe and game.exe. The game starts up with diabloii.exe and the jumps to game.exe and after that i get unhandled access violation 000005c error and it asking me for cd disk even though it's a downloaded version from battle.nets site.

If i downgrade to catalyst 10.5a then the game will work on a 5970 card but not above catalyst 10.5a.

19. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Not all games will work with Driver compatibility, maybe your game is one of them.

20. csaris

csaris Member

GPU:
    5870 TriFire
    Hi there japamd. Fantastic work!

I want to ask if you now any way that can cure those bfbc2 ctds... I tried to change the cf method from driver default to AFR but no luck. I also tried scissor and supertile but no change at all. It seems that bfbc2 cf mode can't be changed. Is this true or I am doing something wrong here?

I use win7 x64 with 10.9a hf and the latest 10.9a profiles.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.