RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nff1987

nff1987 New Member

GPU:
    755M
    that hot fix it for AGP cards, mine is PCIE.

under the section tweak I could ofc use standard settings, but it was reported in many forum that the game I want to play (FF XIV) works much better with alternate frame rendering, so that's what I was trying to activate, but if I do it corrupts.

I've tried standard ai but same error(with standard ccc it works crossfire and even with advanced ai, with gain of FPS)

and lastly my pc is just formatted so I have no previous drivers.

basically the game corrupts with ther setting I'd need.

I'll try to totally unistall CCC and see what happens.

RESULTS : no way, it doesn't work, also stays grayed out in the tweaks section even unistalling ccc, if I use profile wizard I see the change in tweaks even without being able to change it, but as soon as I use something not standard like anisotropic or trilinea optimization or other frame rendering it corrupts the visuals so there's no real use for me on XP right now.

I might switch to win7...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  2. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    Yes, I run the latest DX.

3. Mejiarma

Mejiarma Member

GPU:
    2xATI HD6950 2Gb xFire
    Sorry, thought it was an AGP card.... The point with the hotfix was: make sure you are using the latest released driver for your card, which I'm sure you are. Though I gave you the AGP link, hotfix was also released for PCIe cards, I'm sure you have this latest driver installed for your PCIe...

Are you sure the two GPU are working / active? By this I mean, beyond what the CCC says as "Crossfire Enabled". Crossfire can be enabled, but only one GPU might be working on a game. As an example: some games when played in anything other than full screen make the crossfire default to a single GPU. Examples: Aion and other *Cry engine games.

I'd installed a GPU monitoring utility to make sure that when the game is played all GPU are working. I use MSI Afterburner w/o issues. Get one that monitors the game and make sure your crossfire is working. ATI Catalyst when the AI is set to STD defaults to Supertile, so you should see the GPU activity monitoring software showing all GPU as contributing to the FPS (which in case of Supertiling distributes the load more evenly among the GPU).

This way you will be sure that Crossfire is more than enabled: you will make sure that works in your game... Forget about AFR, for a min, make sure catalyst AI is enabling it in your game for the AI default state (supertile, most commonly).

Once you make sure of this, then AFR should be as easy as to just move the slider to the AFR position... The symptoms you describe make me think that crossfire is not engaging as I was suffering something similar time ago.

Also, make sure you have the latest DX driver, released this year and the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime" and "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0" with all windows updates.

What about if you could post what settings you use in RadeOnPro? Can you link the setting images? Maybe when doing so, we might notice a reason why...

4. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Maybe something else on your end is conflicting with RadeonPro preventing it from being used together with Steam overlay feature, but is hard to tell what.

@topic, as it's difficult to identify if some kind of settings are being applied by RadeonPro, I'm adding a new feature to next build so the user can customize sounds generated by several events, as illustrated below:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Other settings like forced vsync on/off can be easily detected so they don't need a sound event.

5. shank118

shank118 Member

GPU:
    HD 4870 512 MB
    No I don't use Sandboxie or any other Sandbox program.

6. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Guys, I'm testing the driver compatibility thing to allow the utilization of other Catalyst driver version's DLL files, but I don't have good news. It's working, RadeonPro copies the DLLs and the game/application uses them, but the results are mixed, in 3DMark Vantage, using 10.3a DLLs, I got massive rendering issues at some points, and while trying to use 10.5 DLLs to force AA in TFWC I consistently got BSODs whenever I try it. So far it's completely useless... is anyone actually doing it, I mean, using other driver packages' DLLs files inside the game directory?

Ok. Only IE is slow when RadeonPro is running or other programs are also affected?

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    I have for OpenGL games as a lot of mine have rendering/HUD issues with the newer releases but dropping the 10.4a Atioglxx.dll into the Doom 3, Quake 4 folder where the game executable is works great.

I suspect that the D3D drivers though are more complex and probably rely specifically on other new files in the current driver and maybe that's why this isn't working as well as you expected.

Would it be possible to reinstate the original method you used for renaming game executables to that of another game so that, say, I can force Pro Evo Soccer 2011 to run and use the Pro Evo Soccer 2010 executable, i.e. allow the user to set the name they want to use along with a warning that it might not work or may result in unexpected behaviour?

I know RP contains a reasonable number of CrossFireX and AA compatibility profiles but they're still fairly limiting given the sheer number of games out there, particularly for sequels which might already be supported in the drivers already.

8. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I thought ATi drivers don't actually have multi GPU support in Windowed mode.

9. Cave Waverider

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I do use them for D3D. Some games require it as they don't run properly (or not at all) with newer drivers (or you can't force FSAA, crossfire, etc.). I wonder what's causing the errors to occur. Does RadeonPro modify everything the custom DLLs properly? I'm sure you've double-checked, but you never know. Have you tried it with API monitoring disabled and get the same results?
    Which drivers do you have installed on your system and which custom versions of the .DLLs are you using?

The manual method I use has worked fine so far, so there may just be a bug in your build right now.

Feel free to shoot me a PM with your current internal build with the feature enabled and I'll do some testing on my desktop and laptop and compare it with results when I do it manually.
    It's really a crucial feature, in my opinion, so I'll do my best to help get it to work.

Even if there may be incompatibility with some programs, yes, but for those programs that absolutely require older drivers to run properly, this feature would be godsent. Maybe just add a disclaimer/warning that this feature may not work properly in some games/programs or whatever and to use it at the users own risk.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    They don't normally but I was sure MSI Kombustor's mutli-GPU module used to run with two GPUs in windowed mode at one time. It doesn't seem to now though so I'm wondering if I didn't just imagine it. :3eyes:

11. sean_skroht

sean_skroht Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SC
    I know this may have already been mentioned, so please forgive me if it has, but Dirt 2 refuses to start for me unless it's added to the compatibility list, with API Detection disabled for it.

UPDATE: OK! So now it decides it does want to work without being added to the compatibility list. Sigh! I wish there was some consistency with the way things worked with RadeonPro. It would sure make tracking bugs a hell of a lot easier.

UPDATE 2: Now it doesn't want to work again. Somebody shoot me!!!

12. CorNeLL

CorNeLL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAH6850 DC V2
    LOL i am having the same exact problem with PES11.

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    Hmmm, I wonder if this why I couldn't get the AFR-FriendlyD3D trick to work with Lost Planet 2 benchmark the other day then? It used to work OK through an RP profile, only with rendering glitches as japamd said, but I just can't get the benchmark to load to the main menu without crashing now.

It could possibly be an issue with the Verde skin as I mentioned in an earlier post so try the default/classic skin and see if it works with that.

14. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    Ive had no crashes running 10.5a install with later driver DLLs, in mercs2, wolfenstein, sc2 and some others. Its probably cause you are using 10.6 and later drivers which are basically a hairs breadth away from BSOD anyway, ala any driver after 10.5a in bfbc2 :p

15. Cave Waverider

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Very weird. I don't seem to have any trouble running PES11 (DVD version) or DiRT2 (Steam version) myself.

Have you guys updated DirectX and done a complete uninstall of RadeonPro (including clicking No at the uninstallation and deleting the old direcory and not reimporting old profiles but creating new ones instead), rebooted and reinstalled it clean?

16. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    It almost never works with RadeonPro enabled and when RadeonPro is closed it works all the time...

17. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    add gameoverlayUI to exceptions? i had that problem but it works fine with the new version ("Only monitor profiled applications")

18. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I see, so OpenGL seems to be more easily than D3D.

It can't be reverted but next build will allow you to use custom executables as compatibility names so you'll be able to do what you're saying.

Drivers do not support mgpu in windowed mode, that's what Mejiarma wrote (it reverts to single gpu if not in fullscreen mode)

I just dropped the untouched atiumdag.dll from 10.5 driver into TFWC.exe directory and fired up the game, it crashes as soon the game starts. The same happens with Street Fighter IV, no matter if API monitoring is enabled or not :(

I'll keep the feature as it's already done, but will keep it hidden from the average user. To enable the option the user will be required to edit a registry entry, making it difficult to be enabled so if someone complains about problems with the feature I'll know he/she went and enabled the option manually.

Funny thing is that I ran into a similar issue with other game last night while testing aggressive API detection code and traced it down to a concurrent memory write (very rare and doesn't happen all the time) and fixed it. Maybe it could fix your problems too.

Thanks.

It's already blacklisted.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    Awesome! You really do spoil us, you know! :D

20. CorNeLL

CorNeLL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAH6850 DC V2
    I'm using the default skin pal, the thing is that PES11 has random crashes when RP is running (using 1.0.10.1 atm), sometimes it will crash on start for 4 - 5 times in a row and then all of a sudden it will start correctly, sometimes it starts correctly and starts to crash again. this didn't happened with 1.0.10.0 preview and earlier builds

Yes DX runtime its lastest

yes at least 10 times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.