RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nff1987

nff1987 New Member

GPU:
    755M
  2. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    You're welcome :)

Can you give me more feedback about the program running on Windows XP? What is working and what is not.

Thanks.

3. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultr
    I created a new profile and it still crashed. I probably wasnt specific enough. Pressing F10 or escape once to bring up the menu doesnt equal a crash. But if you press it again to close it and then later (or right away) try to press F10 to open the menu = crash.

4. nff1987

nff1987 New Member

GPU:
    755M
    trying right now to use the suggested settings for FFXIV.

if I set alternate frame rendering with the new profile wizard I have severe corruption but it's what I'd need.

It says to set it when you create a profile, but I have it grayed out when manually creating a profile.

EDIT : tried to change other settings and all result in visual corrupiont, basically unusable on XP.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010

5. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    That's weird, I tried playing a few minutes entering the menu at random but the game didn't crash.

If you already didn't, please try a clean install of latest version and see if the problem persists.

Thanks.

Is your first time with RadeonPro?

What exactly are you trying to change? When you create a profile, most options are disabled until you mark the checkbox near the options' group, the box unchecked means the profile don't have a specific value for that group and will use current driver settings.

6. nff1987

nff1987 New Member

GPU:
    755M
    yeah I checked it but still won't let me change to alternate frame rendering which is what I need.I can change anything else tho.

as soon as I try to select an optimization that is not standard in CCC the visuals will just totally corrupt, the game is running and there's sound but impossible to even try to undestand what's going on visual wise.

as soon as I close radeon pro it works ok...I was only interested in activating alternate frame rendering for crossfire as I read it works much better like that in ff xiv but it just stays grayed out even when I set the checkmarks.

I can set it using new profile wizard tho, but that results in corrupted visuals(at all, can't even understand what's going on even mode select of the game).

7. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    I just wanted to say, thank you for making this application. It is well appreciated.

8. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    Ok, here I have some pics. In the menu screen all "seems" to be fine, but the real deal is ingame.

Let's start with STALKER SoC. First of all, with Vsync set to "Force On" in the Direct3D Tweaks page:

STALKER SoC menu
    STALKER SoC ingame

No further investigation here, since with SoC works fine. The refresh rate for my monitor is 60hz, so it's ok.

Now, let's see STALKER CS. Vsync set to "Force On" in the Direct3D Tweaks page:

STALKER CS menu
    STALKER CS ingame Vsync Force On

We see here that in the menu screen seems to work fine, but the ingame is capped to 30-31 fps, switching between them. Let's try enabling TB in Radeonpro:

STALKER CS ingame Vsync Force On + TB

Same result. Finally enabling "Force agressive API detection level":

STALKER CS ingame Vsync Force On + TB + Force agressive API

Same results. Now, leving all this settings to its defaults and enabling D3DOverrider:

STALKER CS ingame D3DOverrider

42fps aprox, is the normal framerate for the hardware I have.

Now let's see STALKER CoP. I will follow the same routine as with clear sky:

STALKER CoP menu
    STALKER CoP ingame Vsync Force On
    STALKER CoP ingame Vsync Force On + TB
    STALKER CoP ingame Vsync Force On + TB + Force agressive API
    STALKER CoP ingame D3DOverrider

As you can see the results are similar as with CS. Only D3DOverrider seems to enable triple buffering or at least doesn't degrade de framerate.

9. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    You're welcome :)

@XibaD: please try double vsync, if you get 60 fps in game menus then triple-buffering isn't in effect.

10. acroig

acroig Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti - 6GB VRAM
    Ditto!

11. Mejiarma

Mejiarma Member

GPU:
    2xATI HD6950 2Gb xFire
    Some advices:

1.-Make sure you have the latest drivers for your card, which should be the 17Sep10 HotFix that solved issues like the one you are referring as having. Link: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/CatalystAGPHotfix.aspx. One of the issues this hotfix solves looks familiar to the one you are reporting as a problem: "Problems with DirectX and ATI Radeon HD 4xxx, ATI Radeon HD 3xxx or ATI Radeon HD 2xxx series of AGP graphics cards."

2.-I do not use the wizard to create profiles, but since you do, after it is finished, check all settings visually and make sure they are either default or application controlled. As for AA filter, leave it on "Multisampling".

3.-On the advance tab, check the box for AI Catalyst and select Standard for its profile.

4.-Under the Tab for "Tweaks" select "Use Driver Default" for the MVPU Mode under "CrossfireX Tweaks".

5.-You could try running the game with these settings, but to be more conservative, I'd still select under "Force CrossfireX Profile" the one for: "CrossfireX AFR-Friendly D3D".

I have a Quad Crossfire Array and run w/o issues in AFR...

BTW, independently of the program you will use to set the crossfire mode (AFR, Scissors or SuperTile) they tend to create issues when Alt-Tab to desktop from within the game. It is a known issue for some games, specially *Cry engines.

Edit: Forgot to mentioned, I do not use ATI CC Center. It seemed to be conflicting with my configuration. After I decided not to use it many conflicts were solved. I use MSI Afterburner to control GPU fans only, since I have no need to overclock (120+ FPS in Aion - Cry Engine).

12. Mejiarma

Mejiarma Member

GPU:
    2xATI HD6950 2Gb xFire
    One last thing, I always remove previous drivers thoroughly before installing new ones. Hopefully I will not be banned for posting the following link: http://www.overclock.net/ati-drivers-overclocking-software/651378-how-install-drivers-use-driver-sweeper.html. It explains how to wipe out old driver DLL to make sure your system has no conflicts with the new one whenever upgrading.

13. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    Thank you very much for the support japanmd.

If I set double vsync I get 30fps ingame menus either in CS and CoP.

14. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Seems that STALKER does not like RadeonPro :banana:

I just revised the code and noticed that forced vsync (on/double/off) in DX10 and above can work even if triple-buffering doesn't...

I'll try to figure out why it's not working on CoP, which I have, but fixing CoP may fix CS too, and other DX10/11 games that are not working now.

15. shank118

shank118 Member

GPU:
    HD 4870 512 MB
    Not sure if this has been brought up before, but Internet explorer is laggy when RadeonPro is on. I don't mean the actual connection, but its stuttering when scrolling down the page, or when you type something there's a lag for the words to appear. Not really a big deal, just to let you know and see what I'm doing wrong, and I'm sorry if this has been dealt with before. Thanks!

16. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    tried adding it to exceptions list?

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    Or try checking/selecting the "Disable API detection for programs not in my profiles list" option from Settings > Advanced.

18. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    Thank you very much japanmd. I read over the internet that X-ray engine is a little "special". You see, almost all filter options are broken ingame, and vsync is too. At least the game is a MASTERPIECE for me, and then I can stand the bugs it has... :)

Thank you for your time. Take a look at D3Doverrider program that comes with rivatuner, maybe you can get the inspiration there.

19. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    japamd, it took me a lot of time to figure out the problem but in the last version it seems RadeonPro prevents Steam Community In-Game from running (It just works sometimes, like 1 out of 50 tries). This not only happens with other games but especially with TF2 windowed mode (-sw -noborders, etc).

20. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Do you use Sandboxie or other Sandbox program?

It's working for me, everytime I start a steam game the steam community overlay is also working.

Is your DX runtime updated?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.