RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

There are NO "dark" shader optimizations inside ADL. There are NO "dark" shader optimizations inside NVAPI. NVAPI is bigger than ADL and it has additional things like DX/OGL extensions, but everything available in ADL is a subset of NVAPI. So functionality wise they are absolutely SIMILAR and dedicated for the same things (vendor specific control panels development). Every statement you did in your OP is wrong, if you want to keep defending it and saying that they are absolutely not similar and NVAPI is "Dark" unlike ADL, that's your choice.

2. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Not bad, even I has get the AMD newspaper about this, I don't notice this, but only their Hardware video encode.
    And if I am right, the frame will go direct to the hardware encoder, then get it back.

So I guess it is the issues that it is easier to use or not, as Nvidia is blocking many software to using it freely, or need a license to access it, but it look like this is not the case for AMD. :)

And ya, as we got a DXVA to decode video, it will also good to see DXVA support encoding too, but it will be Microsoft for dong that, let see MS will trying to support it for increasing battery life for laptop etc, in new windows.

Ya, just too bad Nvidia don't like to helping people to start using this private api, but not the crappy PhysX, which causing crash on many Online game...
    Marketing...:bang:

3. goma

goma Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Dinamic Vsync or Vsync + TB

Hello guys,
    I'would like to know what's your favourite settings inside Radeon Pro.
    My question is: since triple buffer is automatically selected in Dinamic Vsync option, what's the difference between this one and Vsync always on + TB?
    I mean, I known that Dinamic VSync switch ON/OFF the control in dependency of frame rate (OFF below the refresh rate of monitor), but in practise what's the best solution in term of image quality and fluidity?
    Thank you.

Have a happy new year.

4. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    For best smooth, dynamic vsync.
    For smooth without tearing, vsync+triple-buffering, if your don't has issues to keep 60FPS.:)

5. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Yeah, never told anything about zero performance hit in RP that could rival NVIDIA's recording tool, I've only mentioned some performance figures in my previous post. I was just a little upset with the fact of someone else answering something he's not supposed to.

Back on subject I'm not too optimistic about DX9 because of the higher performance hit and probably will need to find some other way to grab the frames without seeing an unpleasant +10% hit while encoding, but in DX10+ the performance hit is pretty acceptable and quality is good too. Although RP could rival Shadowplay feature-wise, performance-wise it simply cannot so you're right, in the end RP will be just another option for recording gameplay among all other tools already available and won't be a true rival for Shadowplay. Speaking of which, unfortunately I could not see it in action yet 'cause it's tied to Kepler architecture and I only own a GTX 560 which is powering my son's rig.

Out of curiosity, why did you consider FRAPS as an exception while mentioning modern capture software?

6. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Not sure if it means much, but Evolve relies on DX10.1 for video recording, and I don't notice too much of a performance hit at all. The devs recently added a fallback to use DX9 recording though since a good amount of people didn't have GPUs compliant with 10.1.

7. COOPOD

COOPOD Guest

GPU:
    HIS HD7970 IceQ X 3GB
    And why AMD still has not offered you a job, would very much like to see you in AMD =) Happy New Year!

8. jrodefeld

jrodefeld Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 5850 Crossfire
    Hello everyone,

I have been completely unable to get RadeonPro to work with Windows 8.1 x64.

I install it fine. But when I open it, the notification tray icon shows up at the bottom right of the screen. But when I move my mouse over to click it to open the program, the tray icon disappears. I cannot open the program no matter what I do. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the video card drivers several times. I have tried to install the program in safe mode. I have tried to run it in test signing mode. I have tried running it in administrator mode and every compatibility mode. But I still cannot open the program.

I have seen other threads speaking about this problem but I haven't come across a real fix.

Can someone help me?

Just so you know, my PC specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel i7 920 overclocked to 4ghz
    Motherboard: EVGA Classified3 x58 motherboard
    Video card: Radeon 7970 3Ghz edition
    Hard Drive: 500gb Samsung 840 Evo

I would really appreciate some assistance.

9. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    As you said DX9, so did the big performance hit also affect DX9E?
    And how about OpenGL? :)

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    RP support service locks up my system and won't start...any clues? Maybe server is down?

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Found the problem...RTSS 6.0 is conflicting with RP somehow, rolling back to 6.0 b4 fixed it.

12. plywood99

plywood99 Guest

NVM I see you made a thread about it...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2014
  13. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Try add the process into RTSS, and don't inject it/set as none?

14. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    I've got a few issues when using Opengl.

Unigine Valley - OSD doesn't show, yellow FPS counter flickers on and off
    Unigine Tropics - freeze at launch unless API monitoring is disabled
    Heaven - crash to desktop at launch unless API monitoring is disabled
    Furmark - crash to desktop at launch unless API monitoring is disabled
    Fluidmark - OSD doesn't show
    Assault on Dark Athena - OSD doesn't show, yellow FPS counter flickers on and off when forcing AA

15. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    OpenGL support in RP sucks and don't think it's going to change in a near future :(

16. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    Too bad.

On a side note how is that Downsampling tool coming along?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  17. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^Says the guy who claimed Tahiti and Hawaii DX11 cards would not support DX11.2 - which is a FEATURE LEVEL update. :rolleyes:

Case of the pot & kettle maybe?

On a side note;
    every time someone mentions Tiled Resources I want to start cutting my balls off with a rusty knife.....:nerd:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  18. onemoar

onemoar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    boy before you go challenging my proven superiority you best make sure you ain't ****ing wrong at no point did I ever say tahiti or Hawaii would not support DX 11.2 I said they would not support DX 11.2 tier 2 huge difference their tier 1 the cut-down nutless-wonder and neither AMD nor Nvidia support tier 2 .. yet hawii may get tier 2 support but thats looking increasingly unlikely
    as of 13.12 AMD still doesn't support command lists

19. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    nor will they. AMD has explicitly said command lists has no benefit on AMD hardware.

Mantle is AMDs solution.

20. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Why is MLAA not working?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.