RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    You can add your own profile by clicking on "Manage custom profiles" but since there's no other game that both uses the same engine and also has working AA that's like finding a needle in a haystack.

You might also want to try this tool. It's similar to Nvidia Inspector but for AMD cards.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=381044

2. grufferator

grufferator Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD7850 1G
    Is SMAA working for anyone in BF4 with Windows 8.1?

3. Black_Lion

Black_Lion Member

GPU:
    HD5870 1 GB
    Hi again! Thank you for trying to help me with this! I tried the tool and tried all modes one by one. There where only 3 modes that could apply a bit of AA to the game, but not even in full SSAA 8x mode they could apply better AA in a lot of areas on-screen. It MSAA and SSAA could get rid of most edge jagies, but a lot of edges that where overlapping another object would still be 0 aliased, as in, imagine you have a cube and a triangle in front of the cube. The cube would have it's edges aliased but the triangle doesn't, this appends all over the game.

The modes that worked where: 2000F / 2008F / F. This last one had a MAJOR performance hit and would give worse results than the previous two ones.

So, it seems that at least for now there isn't a way to properly apply MSAA or SSAA to the game. SMAA (that post processing one) gives better results than the FXAA the game has by default so, I'll stick with SMAA for now.

Again thank you for your help, and thank you for giving me this other tool, it looks awesome for some other games!

4. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    I'm trying to force a crossfire profile with Rp, but there is no same performance as the AFR used in CCC.

When I use AFR in CCC , I get avg 60fps, but I got screen flickering in Pcars.
    None of the crossfire profiles in Rp comes near 60fps, highest avg was 40fps.
    Tried AFR-friendly D3D with driver default/no cf/AFR/scissor and supertile.

Is there a way to disable the screen flickering with some settings in Rp? or to use the same AFR as in CCC?

5. plywood99

plywood99 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid Cool
  6. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    RadeonPro n00b here.
    Can't get SweetFX effects in COD:Ghosts w/RadeonPro
    I have RadeonPro > Enable SweetFX integration checked pointing to folder in settings
    On SweetFX tab I have Enable SweetFX checked
    When I launch the game with RadeonPro there is definitely no SweetFX going on.
    Am I missing something?

7. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Check if you have 64-bit support enabled and for 64-bit apps you must create a profile for each app.

8. Zurvan

Zurvan Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS DirectCU II R9290 4G
    Hey sorry for somewhat nooby question but if you enable AMD overdrive in catalyst itself, does this also apply into RP? Or do you have to individually enable OverDrive for every game you play through RP? :p

9. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Any chances for Beta-testing the RadeonPro Infinite? or some kind of early-access?

10. CCoR-

CCoR- Active Member

GPU:
    AMD ASUS Strix RX580 8GB

:stewpid:

11. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    You must enable OverDrive in CCC prior to its use in RadeonPro UI where you need to enable it only once. After that OverDrive can be used in your profiles.

12. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Thanx for reply.
    I've done that.
    Got it somewhat working.
    On main menu I can toggle SweetFX on/off.
    But when I set up a Private Match to check how it looks, game crashes just before map is loaded.
    Win7
    Cat. v13.11beta9.2
    If that helps.
    <<<<<<< system specs

13. sekta

sekta Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Try importing this on the sweetfx tab, it's my settings. If that doesn't work, then try going to */steam/steamapps/common/call of duty ghosts/player 2/ and deleting all files except for the hotkey related ones. http://www.filedropper.com/iw6mp64ship

14. Zurvan

Zurvan Active Member

GPU:
    Thank you for the reply Jap, but do you need to set overdrive for every game profile or does a general enable in CCC allows you to overdrive every game (there is an option in RP to set it for every profile separate and the enable box in the Global settings is grayed out for me)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  15. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Yes.

From readme.txt
    - New: OverDrive controls allow basic overclocking, manual cooler fan speed and PowerTune adjustments (available only at profile level)

16. Zurvan

Zurvan Active Member

GPU:
    Thank you for the quick response. I was a bit confused because of an answer on the RP community page. http://community.radeonpro.info/questions/549/cant-use-overdrive

Also because of the fact that whenever I press enable and Apply now, and click on another game profile, the enable box is unchecked again (like it isn't able to apply...)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  17. Chaython

Chaython Banned

GPU:
    AMD/7970/3GB
    When is an update coming it's been a long time.
    Last time I installed this it wasn't playing nice with catlyst or my card and it kept switching between radeon pro and catalyst stuff then catalyst and gpu bios became completely corrupt

18. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    What...
    Corrupted BIOS? WTF are you talking about?

19. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    no such thing as a corrupted bios, its read only unless you physically flash it..

also RP does not interfere with CCC, its designed to work together, not as a replacement..for functions analogous to CCC, it uses AMDs ADL library which by its nature cannot interfere with CCC.

You might want to explain what your issues are so perhaps we can help.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  20. shankly1985

shankly1985 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    LOL
    Am sorry but you need to stop gaming on PC if you going to come in here blaming RadeonPro for messing with GPU Bios lol
    It's not even possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.