RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AudiTuner

AudiTuner Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte 7950
    Probably the same end effect in most cases but likely implemented differently.

2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Sounds like TB is not intializing..

3. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    i use that use always use highest perfomance clock .. gaming to prevent stuuter r7 260x
    so i ask if there other solution to disable it in registy like ulps because sometimes i enter games to test or my brother he dont know about tweaks in radeon pro plz :)

4. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Highest clocks cannot be set via registry change.

5. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    tnx
    any tweaks to make games run smother maybe disable ulps or force over clock via catalyst after burner
    of course for me i use always radeon pro ^^

6. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    You're welcome.

Other than adjusting in-game quality options to match the hardware you have and limiting frame rate to avoid large variance, there's no thumb of rule to achieve smoother gaming.

7. goma

goma Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    A friend of mine confirm that BAO it's working fine him too
    Thank you again for your wonderful tool.

8. emusa

emusa Guest

GPU:
    Asus 780 (1140/6600 OC)
    @Japamd: could you explain what exactly happens when you enable double vsync? Is it the same as normal vsync + 30fps limiter? If not, what's the difference (technically)?

thanks!

9. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Cool, thanks.

Also know as half-refresh, double vsync instructs the driver to wait for 2 vertical retrace cycles for each frame causing a 60Hz to display 30 frames per second. It's not the same and normal vsync + frame rate cap @ 30 FPS should result in less input lag than waiting for 2 vertical retrace cycles.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Tracked down what was causing the tessellation option to change when this program was used.

<Property name="Tessellation_OPTION" value="2" />
    <Property name="Tessellation" value="6" />

Those mean that tessellation is being overridden and is using the sixth step which should be 32x

However what happens is that CCC sets tessellation to 6x instead.

Temporarily worked around it by setting the xml to 32x, it causes a startup error but the option now sticks like it's supposed to. :)
    (And I probably broke something with the RadeonPro program by doing this. :p )

EDIT: Yeah it does bug out, I set the value to 16 and as expected CCC changed it to 16x so something is bugged with how that option is being interpreted or well I don't know how to explain better.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013

11. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    I am trying to use RP with Assetto Corsa, the OSD seem to work great but forcing AA/crossfire don't work. Sweetfx also don't work.

It's a steam game.
    I disabled the API monitor in options.Disabled steam overlay in steam options.
    The game AA isn't very good and crossfire isn't working.

When I don't change the properties of the game, I get a message:
    You have encountered a roque Assetto Corsa launcher process.Would you like to tell it go away?

If I change the properties to -dx11, the game start.

Win8.1 64bit
    Using the latest beta version of Rp.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  12. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    haven't read everything yet, but what is the chance of succeeding driverforced (SS)AA in dx8 and 9 games with the help of RadeonPro? There are a ****load of games where you are left with empty hands and are unable to unlash your gfx-power.
    Is it like the bits value's with NV in conjunction with inspector? Or doesn't have AMD not so many bits available?

The candidates I want to know are:

Borderlands2, possible fix-> Borderlands exe, or UT3?
    The Bureau
    COD Black Ops when using sweetfx, ingame aa is not possible
    MOH -> exe renaming?
    Risen
    Risen2
    Alien rage->exe (based on Unreal engine)
    Alien Colonial Marines, bad coverage with forced ms/ssaa, better bit needed
    Fear2
    Dead Space 2 and 3?
    Resident Evil 6
    Call of Juarez Gunslinger, Dead Island i.e.. Techland engines
    Rember Me-> modified UE3?
    Stalker SOC, better bit needed due blur with ssaa sweetfx can't compensate caused blur entirely (DOF is disabled)

Well if am reading it correctly, just can just shuffle with game pofiles, (without exe renaming as some games don't allow this)?

Also build in frameratelimiter and forced v-sync is nice esp for Stalker series

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  13. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=381044

14. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    hey i wanna know something about catalyst profiles
    if amd do profiles for certain game to fix it exp : stuttering or something like bf4.exe
    and you rename the exe to battlfiled.exe then the profiles doesn't works and fix improve the game ?!!
    or its to complicated and advanced tech to detect games :pc1:

15. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090

16. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    not entirely sure what the purpose of radit is, as RP can force AA itself.

17. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    and when record video with radeon pro i get black screen for different version video play but black

18. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Maybe AMD added a 6x setting? If I remember correctly, the steps were 2x 4x 8x 16x 32x 64x so Tesselation = 6 was supposed to mean 64x.

If you using a resize option in Movie settings, set it to Full frame and try again.

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    6x tessellation is one of the available values. :)

Although like I wrote I can write anything for that value and the CCC setting will update to reflect that.

2, 4, 6, 8, 16, 32, 64 in RadeonPro will make CCC alter the value to match that, anything else and it'll revert to the "off" setting since the value isn't valid for CCC.

Unsure why the CCC reads it like that while RadeonPro is just using it to set one of the seven or so preset options which is meant to be 32x when set to a value of 6.

Not a big problem though since I worked around it although RP now throws up a error at start about how the setting is incorrect but everything seems to be working fine. :)

Although I guess it's kinda difficult to really notice a difference in-game, that's why I'm using 32x to begin with since I doubt there's a noticeable visual difference in quality compared to the default 64x and I don't like to leave the setting controlled by either AMD or the game since there's no way to know what either is using.
    (Much like anisotropic filtering in games that don't support it natively, just force it to 16x and keep texture clarity at a very minor drop in performance for the more recent GPU models.)

20. Berdugoo

Berdugoo Guest

GPU:
    INTEL 4000 w/ AMD 8750M
    i already fixed it. i just update my amd driver to latest. tnx for your quick reply japamd:invasion:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.