RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
  2. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Thats a question for John, however im pretty sure all the functions are AMD specific.

Doesnt Nvidia Experience have similar functionality?

you could also try D3DOverrider, but i dont think it has dynamic vsync.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  3. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Nope, D3DOverrider don't works, as just like what's I say, Optimus is using proxy, so it's stop working, and most windows 8 users can't using it too.

And yes, Nvidia support dynamic vsync in the driver, and Optimus has some funny bug.
    Vsync will not change to 1/2 or 1/3 vsync, so I can always enable vsync without worrying the 30/60 FPS, then why I should using dynamic vsync? ;)

It look like Intel think Nvidia always rendering with 60FPS, so it never drop to 30 FPS limit, but keep 60 FPS limit, until you are using Intel graphic card for rendering.
    I think this might be a solution for all user that hate tearing, and don't wanna drop to 30 FPS or disable vsync when triple-buffering don't help them. :)

And I hope this bug will still happen in windows 8.1, so I will never worry about it. :D
    ---
    Nvidia Experience, I never using it, and it don't has this function, it just provide update and strange game setting.
    ---
    And yup, I think the vsync bug has been use by the Virtu, which is called Virtual Vsync, but without the 60FPS limit.
    ---
    Also, if I set the timer resolution to 0.5 ms, using the DWM(which enable vsync)for playing games+Borderless fullscreen windowed, the latency is nearly same like the vsync bug. ;)

Anyone can try this as the "Virtual Vsync", without dropping/limiting your FPS while having some latency increase might be like 0.1-1 ms, without the tearing too.

Which is why many people found out Borderless fullscreen windowed are getting a smooth experience, if their driver has some vsync bug, and I think DWM vsync is controlled by windows, I found some vsync control on the Nvidia driver, which showing that vsync can be control by driver or windows.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  4. Parsnip

Parsnip Member

GPU:
    GTX760 2GB OC 2.0
    RadeonPro's Direct3D tweaks and post processing related stuff (at least some of them) seem to work fine with Nvidia cards as well. I run RadeonPro on my primary Nvidia system for the triplebuffering+SMAA personally.
    I found D3DOverrider to be kind of a hit and miss depending on the game, and it conflicts with some post processing injectors. It's showing its age.

5. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    good to know.

6. Derko1

Derko1 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Hey japamd.... do you know if RP isn't working with Shadow Warrior? A friend says it's not detecting the game.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    It works for me, partially.

The game starts and RadeonPro hooks into it successfully but after I quit the game and try to start it again it will just stall until I shut down RadeonPro, then the game will start normally.
    (This will repeat endlessly so I just set it as ignore api detection in the compatibility list, Fraps is used instead for FPS monitoring and the occasional screenshot.)

8. emusa

emusa Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 780 (1140/6600 OC)
    It works for me, although not every time: sometimes it just hangs (black screen), sometimes it follows through after a small hiccup & then it's all smooth sailing. I have RP set to Vsync always, lock framerate to monitor refresh and I use the triple buff. + FXAA from ingame settings: 100% smooth experience 60fps (high-ultra settings), it's awesome :)! And much better performance in comparison to ingame vsync settings.

9. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    If you are using fraps, try exiting it first and see if that helps.

I had to switch to AB for FPS montoring due to this kind of problem.

Hey japamd, what are the chances that you'll add an FPS monitor to Radeon Pro? Id really like to get rid of all these superfluous programs i have to install.

10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    You mean a actual monitoring functionality or just a display? Because the program already has a function to show FPS in the corner just like Fraps and other such software.
    (I can't use Fraps at all with this since a update to that program, just cancels out everything this utility does so I enabled that feature instead along with the ability to capture screenshots.)

(But I still have to use Fraps for software which isn't fully compatible, mostly OpenGL games but also a few others like say Shadow Warrior due to the issues listed above.)

11. plywood99

plywood99 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid Cool
    Patiently awaiting RP Infinity. :)

12. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yeah, that was incomplete.

I meant a way to externally concatinate the data so i can get at it with my g-19

Fraps broke a lot of games with RP. Dragon Age II for example. I switched to Afterburner, and ive not had any issues since. Its just such a large program for just the FPS data i need from it.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  13. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    I have no idea what is wrong.
    Shadow Warrior don't start with radeonpro. No matter what settings. Even if resetted to default driver settings.

I need radeonpro for that game to limit fps and usual stuff.

it's not opengl game, so why its locking at start ? I can only see the cursor

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Yeah that's the issue I'm getting, although like I wrote above the program works with the game once and then it kinda hangs when I next try to start it so I have to exit RadeonPro and then start it again and it'll work again. :)

I ended up just adding SW.exe to the compatibility list with Ignore API Detection toggled, game already had triple buffering support but SMAA would have been nice to add to the FSAA 4x anti-aliasing.
    (Framerate lock and such is nice too but not as essential.)

I haven't tried it yet but maybe Hard Reset is the same and it's something specific with this game engine.

15. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    I need to limit framerate. game feels terrible without it, even tho I am getting full 60. Massive microstutter here

16. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    I just wanted to mention that there is a new version of SweetFX out - 1.5.1.

I have yet to try it with RadeonPro myself, but one users says it's incompatible with RadeonPro.

If I can help make it compatible please let me know.

I suspect it may have some to do with me renaming the main() function and making another function be called main()

17. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    Woo! Thanks for mentioning it in here.

Glad SFX is back on track, too. Because that means you are as well :)

18. emusa

emusa Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 780 (1140/6600 OC)
    Try starting the game a couple of times. For me, the game sometimes works fine with RP - other times it hangs (black screen). Also, try disabling the framelimit (60) in RP and enable the "lock to refreshrate" option.

19. Scarecrow7

Scarecrow7 Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 280X / 3GB
    Looks like BioShock 2 have some problems with post-processing effects through RadeonPRO. SMAA, SweetFX (1.4, last supported by RP) and HBAO just does not work. FXAA works fine.

Now I'm using SweetFX 1.5.1 directly and works as intended, so there's something wrong on RP side.

Just reporting, maybe this was already fixed in 2.0, but who knows.
    Also, BioShock 2 was recently updated, maybe the patch has broken something.

P.S: CeeJay.dk, last version of SweetFX is amazing!

20. incontrolol

incontrolol New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 3GB
    Heya's,

So I've installed RadeonPro, have it pointing to the most current SweetFX folder and have added the wanted applications to the Ambient Occlusion list, however when I try to use SFX in any game it does nothing. Control-S doesn't turn it off/on it just says 'Post processing is not available' however if I use SFX the old fashioned way by installing it into the binaries directory it does work.

Any help would be appreciated =]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.